When to change carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Just put the new one in from the top and push it through while flipping it over. Top becomes the bottom, prime and you are back in business.

ETA*** Always make sure you back up the cap that is going to try and push out when sliding a cartomizer through the tank for a swap or when filling rather than holding the tube ;)

That makes perfect sense! Thanks OCD!

I'm still trying to determine if I want to try a carto tank or not and that was one of the things I was perplexed about. Many thanks for the reply.

The main thing that's holding me back is that if I try a carto tank and like it better than my clearos then I will need to buy 7 more because I have 8 liquids in my rotation. Mixing flavors does not really appeal to me. I could acquire tanks gradually but I'm one of those guys that once I find something I like I gotta have it now. I'm afraid that I might like carto tanks so much that my clearos might become inferior.

I'm happy to be faced with this decision though. It helps keep me on my toes.:)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
What do you folks do when you discover that a carto needs replaced and you still have a nearly full tank? How do you salvage the liquid?

My e-liquid bottles have a neck that is roughly the same size as a carto. I pull the drip tip off, turn the tank upside down on the top of the bottle, and pull the carto out slowly. The liquid in the tank drains right back into the bottle.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
What do you folks do when you discover that a carto needs replaced and you still have a nearly full tank? How do you salvage the liquid?

I do something similar to the above comment. I just pull off the drip tip and pour the juice into a bottle. I call it the "used juice" bottle as it may have contaminents (small pieces of o-ring, etc). I then install the fresh carto and let the pidgeons loose!

P.S. SnowDog, are you an Alex Lifeson fan, by chance?

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I do something similar to the above comment. I just pull off the drip tip and pour the juice into a bottle. I call it the "used juice" bottle as it may have contaminents (small pieces of o-ring, etc). I then install the fresh carto and let the pidgeons loose!

P.S. SnowDog, are you an Alex Lifeson fan, by chance?

My guess is a Anheuser-Busch fan :D

LOL. I'm both actually. I've seen RUSH in concert 18 times since 1976 and I do like my Budweiser. The two go very well together by the way.:party:

Good call on my username AceCC. I was wondering if anybody had caught that. You're the only member who has ever commented on it.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
LOL. I'm both actually. I've seen RUSH in concert 18 times since 1976 and I do like my Budweiser. The two go very well together by the way.:party:

Good call on my username AceCC. I was wondering if anybody had caught that. You're the only member who has ever commented on it.

Holy cow, 18 times! And I thought I was a fan... It was Geddy Lee's bass playing that inspired me to become a bass player. I even have a Rickenbacker bass. I may change my screen name to By-Tor just to see if anyone gets it. :laugh:

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Holy cow, 18 times! And I thought I was a fan... It was Geddy Lee's bass playing that inspired me to become a bass player. I even have a Rickenbacker bass. I may change my screen name to By-Tor just to see if anyone gets it. :laugh:

Yeah, it's been kind of a long road. I was 15 years old in 1976 when I first saw them in concert and at that time I didn't even know who Rush was. I just wanted to go to a concert and they were in town. I've missed plenty of their shows over the years but I go whenever I can.

A Farewell To Kings was the first Rush album I bought (8 track tape) and they have been a huge inspiration throughout my entire adult life. I'm guessing that you know exactly what I mean. I'm not a musician but I would love to own a Rickenbacker just for the sake of having one. I used to have an Epiphone SG and even though I never learned to play it I wish I still had it.

Back on Topic: I've decided that when it comes time to replace my cartomizer I'm going to try vaping the tank down as low as I can and then changing it. Or maybe I will try to pour the juice back into a bottle. I'm not quite ready to try the "hot swap" method of changing out a carto just yet.

My IBTank is kickin' .... and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
Yeah, it's been kind of a long road. I was 15 years old in 1976 when I first saw them in concert and at that time I didn't even know who Rush was. I just wanted to go to a concert and they were in town. I've missed plenty of their shows over the years but I go whenever I can.

A Farewell To Kings was the first Rush album I bought (8 track tape) and they have been a huge inspiration throughout my entire adult life. I'm guessing that you know exactly what I mean. I'm not a musician but I would love to own a Rickenbacker just for the sake of having one. I used to have an Epiphone SG and even though I never learned to play it I wish I still had it.

Back on Topic: I've decided that when it comes time to replace my cartomizer I'm going to try vaping the tank down as low as I can and then changing it. Or maybe I will try to pour the juice back into a bottle. I'm not quite ready to try the "hot swap" method of changing out a carto just yet.

My IBTank is kickin' .... and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Rush is still my favorite and most inspirational group (up to the Signals album, that is). My friends in the all-original band I am in often say I play like Geddy and I take that as a great compliment. Even after almost 30 years of practice, I know that I am still just a learner, though.

It is a good idea to keep your tank at least 1/3 full to make sure the pressure inside feeds the cart properly. Once you get the hang of pouring out the existing juice, it is really quick and easy. Plus there is very little waste.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
My e-liquid bottles have a neck that is roughly the same size as a carto. I pull the drip tip off, turn the tank upside down on the top of the bottle, and pull the carto out slowly. The liquid in the tank drains right back into the bottle.

On the topic of bottles, we just ordered a bunch of bottles that we tested and really like. They have a long tapered tip that is easy to get down into the tank beside the cartomizer and a feature I really like in that they have a frosted section which is sharpie friendly for marking the bottle. Dont know what kind of interest there will be in these but we liked them enough to get plenty to be able to add them to the site. Should be next week when they are up.

Snowdog, Always like Rush but have never been enough of a fan of most music to have been able to pull that recognition off to cath the relation to your username. Not that I dont like music because I do, a pretty wide variety too. When we were young (sounds like you are just a couple years on me) there was a lot going on and one thing was robotics and something I remember from that was gigo (garbage in garbage out) and to me it was like a revelation that maybe ruined a lot of relaxed enjoyment because I took it as a way of rating things that went into my head.

At a young age I began working on a filing system by attempting to rate the importance of information as it was disseminated and filing it appropriately. As such most of what stuck was science journal articles or other research or academic enlightenments along with practical things such as those learned in trades and crafts. To this day I can watch a great movie then watch it again a year later and it is brand new again. Teach me a recipe for something that is both good for me and is enjoyable and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

You can say it... odd duck, yup.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was just about to ask this question. Though since my tongue is cardboard I can't really tell if my flavor is weak or if it's my tastebuds. I've been using this carto since the day my IBTank got here. Holy cow when was that? I ordered Feb 20, so a couple to a few weeks now. I just refiddled my thingy until my tongue wakes back up and I can tell for sure.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just put the new one in from the top and push it through while flipping it over. Top becomes the bottom, prime and you are back in business.

ETA*** Always make sure you back up the cap that is going to try and push out when sliding a cartomizer through the tank for a swap or when filling rather than holding the tube ;)

i just tried this...lmao

It works! if you don't get all impatient and try to rush, and the new carto slips out of alignment with the old one :D Then you get a REALLY well primed new carto. Which isn't bad really. Only got a few drops on me :p

Also apparently it was time for a change. Goodness the vapor coming out now! If only I could taste it.

Last edited:

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Another thing that can wake the taste buds up is to change flavors for awhile, doesnt take long and when you go back to the one that was dropping off you will get a new palette take on it.

I'm currently using the only one I can taste, and actually like...ProVape cherry. my tongue has felt funny the last couple days too, but it's starting to feel normal again. Hoping that's a good sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread