Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@DancingHeretik and I have a question for you ECF members.

It seems there is a lot of talk about TC/TL lately(temperature control/temperature limiting), and almost every mod coming out these days does TC. But, not every vaper does TC.

Some people just want the simple and easy vape on a regulated VV/VW device, and don't need the complication of the TC learning curve. Most would agree that they'd prefer not to accidentally stumble in and get stuck in TC! (And then not know how to get out of it!) :shock:

Of course, we all know about the old-skool tube mods. But, what about newer mods? What about something small, like the Pico, or a side-by-side, or one of the newer 2 battery mods, for example?

So, we are wondering...

Do any of you know of any regulated devices on the market today that you might recommend that do NOT have the TC feature? We are looking for replaceable battery devices, but we'll keep the the internal battery devices in mind.

We're looking for simple regulated devices. (uncomplicated, less to watch out for, less to worry about, and ultimately, less to go wrong) :laugh:

It really would be koolio if we might all have enuf suggestions to compile a list. Mr. @corn flakes has already requested a spreadsheet. :facepalm:

(and KD will 'lovingly' oblige, should we need that)

So, please, bring it on! We non-TC users want new and shiny too!

DH & KD~

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Good start, DH!

Might I add one right off the top?

The Double Barrel, by Squid Industries (affectionately named The Squid).

(obligatory link and pic, of kourse) ;)

Double Barrel 2.1 150W Mod

best 3.jpg

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Most of the VV/VW/TC mods I've looked at do either or and if you have the wrong wire, they will kick out of temp mode for you. If you want a mod that is just VV/VW, you'll really have to look around but as for new release stuff, it's probably going to have to be screenless, like mentioned above. I have the Noisy Cricket II, it's pretty nice but not something I'd say anyone could just jump into and use.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Most of the VV/VW/TC mods I've looked at do either or and if you have the wrong wire, they will kick out of temp mode for you. If you want a mod that is just VV/VW, you'll really have to look around but as for new release stuff, it's probably going to have to be screenless, like mentioned above. I have the Noisy Cricket II, it's pretty nice but not something I'd say anyone could just jump into and use.

I wouldn't mind at all if the mod kicked me out of temp mode!!! :laugh:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
All my TC MOD's do regular wattage mode so you can sort of say all MOD's. Just because it does TC doesn't mean it has to be used that way. There are many TC MOD's that some people just can't make work so they claim it doesn't do it right or well but like I always say it isn't the tool it is the hands using it.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Understood, Steve. All MY mods also do regular wattage mode, but for those who accidentally stumble into TC, it has sometimes been a prob getting out of it.

The idea of this thread is to find mods that are NON-TC. :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Through my brief encounter using SS and TC I found the vape very inconsistent and most times not very good at all, this is with several different mods I've bought recently just to use TC. Me too its the kick out that was aggravating that led to a YUK vape to follow. Just like subohming...been there and done that but back enjoying the 1.4-1.8 higher ohm builds using wattage and the low ohm builds are disappearing from my attys. When you do find that sweet spot TC its a much better vape than power but finding that sweet spot is so hit and miss for me it ruins my K.I.S.S. method of vaping I've gotten so use to.;)

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Through my brief encounter using SS and TC I found the vape very inconsistent and most times not very good at all, this is with several different mods I've bought recently just to use TC. Me too its the kick out that was aggravating that led to a YUK vape to follow. Just like subohming...been there and done that but back enjoying the 1.4-1.8 higher ohm builds using wattage and the low ohm builds are disappearing from my attys. When you do find that sweet spot TC its a much better vape than power but finding that sweet spot is so hit and miss for me it ruins my K.I.S.S. method of vaping I've gotten so use to.;)

I vape from .1Ω t- 3.2Ω and use TC or wattage mode all day depending on what I feel like at the present time. Because of all this talk popping on a TC tank and a few clicks later in TC and just adjust the temp or wattage for the tank I pop on.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Whoooooooooooooooooosh!

Yep, some people always gotta tell other folks how wrong they're doing it and how much better their way is.
Topic of thread be damned.

No longer in production so statisticaly just more fluff, in my opinion the Provape Radius is was & always will be the very finest non TC / VW only power device.
Provape Procyon for tube shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread