The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Where do you buy your VG

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by tomzgreat, Feb 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tomzgreat

tomzgreat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    I found Mountain Rose Herbs many years ago and there Organic VG is the mildest that I've ever tasted. You can find their VG HERE

I don't think that they are USP maybe that's why they are so good.

But they are pricey so I'd like to find a cheaper source without sacrificing quality.

Any Suggestions

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Most here that diy use the usp to ensure clr clean products. We don't usually use oils but products from flavor makers that cater to the vape industry along with their food customers. Usually the carrier is pg unless they list otherwise. Organic mixers us vg in their flavoring and those usually require longer steeping times.

The link to your vg indicates it is soy based, the majority here use palm based but soy is available in usp from Essential Depot by buying in bulk from their website or you could check for smaller amounts from amazon.

:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    If it's not USP grade, I wouldn't touch it in a vape mix. Cook with it, yes, make soap with it, yes. Even make lotions and such, but not vape it.

And yea, that stuff is pricey. For that gallon price you can get 8 gallons at Essential Depot derived from Palm, not Soy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I was under the impression that VG was more or less a commodity product. I’ve never heard of one type being milder than another.

5. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Vegetable Glycerin

$4.49 for 500ml
    $7.49 for 1L
    $14.99 for a full gallon

I get my nic, PG, VG and most of my flavors from them. Great prices, great products, fast shipping.

EDIT: Holy crap I just checked the prices at your link, $91 for a gallon of VG?!?!? Not unless it contained an actual gold nugget and customer service performed ... umm ... "favors". Even the links from Sugar are way high. You guys are paying way too much for VG.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Duplicate Post Ignore

• Like Like x 1
  8. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    New
    I'm buying just for me so the VG lasts a long time.
    I will repeat other VG that I've tried is harsh.
    Certified Organic is good enough for me. USP simply means that it's manufactured to meet the United States Pharmacopia Standard. It doesn't guarantee that the MFG is a good one.

I'm in the supplement business and I know that USP doesn't guarantee the highest quality.
    To me being Organic outweight the USP Moniker. I do agree that there is slight risk but this MFG is pretty
    good they list Heavy Metals levels which is most important of all.

9. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    I'm allergic to PG so 100% VG is the only way I can roll. I just mix for me not commercially so while I don't like the higher price I can put up with it. No biggy if my 8Oz batch costs an extra $2.00 - $4.00. I'm telling you that this VG is way smoother than the other VG I've tried.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Guaranteed smoother than others I've tried.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have never had any issue with the stuff from nicotineriver, but since you can get 500ml for just $4.49, it wouldn't hurt to try it. If you do like it, you won't find a better price anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tomzgreat

Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Thank you for the referral.

Actually 500ml will cost me $13.00 with the shipping, which is fine to try the product. I don't like the 5-7 day backlog to ship that they currently have.

You are the second recommendation for this company so I'll give them a try.

Well I ended up ordering the VG then made a second order for 250ml of Smooth Nic Salt 100mg in two weeks I'll get back to you all about how they work out.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    LOL I usually order enough to get free shipping so never really looked at that. I have never seen them have a backlog before, so this is a first that I know of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    You might want to give the VG from Bulk Apothecary a try, too. There are quite a few of us who really like their VG & PG and order it from them by the gallon jugs. However, they also carry it in a smaller size.

Glycerin - same size at about the same total $ as from Nicotine River

However, if you'd like to try some of their VG for Free (60-120mL), I'd be happy to send you some. You should be able to tell from even that smaller quantity if the quality would work for you. Just PM me your mailing info, and I'll send it Monday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I've been buying my VG and PG from Nude Nicotine (San Diego) for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. score69

score69 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I also get my PG and VG from Nicotine River. Haven't ordered in six months or so, but between PG and VG, I'll pick up a few gallons of VG, a gallon of PG, and add a few bottles to my order to get the the $50 free shipping point.

Since I usually squonk and fill my bottles before leaving the house, I just mix 1/2 gallon or so of juice at a time, fill up 8oz squeeze bottles, and use the squeeze bottles to fill my squonk bottles. Once I mix a batch, I'll store the 8oz squeeze bottles in he fridge, and just pull them out as I need them. Works out well for me. Will probably just mix a gallon of juice next time so I don't have to mess with it for a while.

Never had any issues with quality from Nic River. Most of the freebase and salt nicotine I have in my freezer stash is from them as well. Probably about 8 liters of nic stored up at this point. I just order VG/PG from them as needed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I buy VG from Nic River too. My only real complaint was they sent me 2.5 gallons (the amount I ordered) in ONE JUG. Thankfully, I've made enough of a dent in it by now that I don't need to eat a can of spinach before I wrestle with it..

It's still perfectly good, and I am glad it is in my possession.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Vchick

Vchick PIF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Sorry - this is PG, not VG :blush:
    Tractor Supply - It's local and I can pick up $24.99

• Like Like x 1
  19. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Man... You Weren't kidding when you said that VG was Pricey. 91 Smack-a-Rouzs before Shipping.

:blink:

I've used a Lot of this...

Vegetable Glycerin - USP Kosher - 1 Gallon

No Complaints. And you get Free Shipping after 50 Bucks.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Amazon has UPS grade kosher VG as well. Haven’t tried it so I’m not sure of how good it is though.

There’s no way I’d pay $90 for VG no matter how smooth it is but that’s what options are for!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1