Where my public vaping leads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russkiy

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
San Ramon
So I'm a senior in highschool and I go to a very alternative school. About 90% of my tiny school smokes cigarettes(gross, I know). Well I decided to hang out at the smoker circle afterschool and just vape away. At first nobody really payed any notice. Then I started getting the "OHMYGOD THAT SMELLS DELICIOUS YOU MUST LET ME TRY THIS MYSTERIOUS SUBSTANCE". And I'd always oblige. About 3 weeks later I spy about 6 people roaming around vaping their egos. I already feel proud!
Very soon my principal began to support me on my vaping crusades! My freaking PRINCIPAL! This meant that as long as people don't vape in class and cause a distraction, he wouldn't confiscate any PVs.
I mean- if he did , the kids would just go out and buy another pack of cigarettes. So what's better?

Anyway about 2 months later there are 3-4 kids that hang around in the smokers circle. :)
I feel as though i did a good job!

Disclaimer: In no way should minors be vaping nicotine-based substances, however I'd much rather support them vaping rather than smoking cigarettes!

Lemme know what you guys think! And let's get some input on wether minors should vape or not ;)

Russkiy

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
San Ramon
Should minors smoke?...No.
Should minors vape?...No.
Should minors vape instead of smoke?...Yes...But it would be better if they didn't do either.

I definitely agree, but there's a ton of minors who do smoke and I definitely try and switch them over to vaping, because it's a lot more productive than telling them to just quit. I'm 18, I smoked cigarettes for 5 years, and now I'm a happy vaper! I definitely regret ever picking up a smoke, but I don't regret buying my first e-cig :3

Btw: I saw your sig and I'm a die-hard dripper as well :D <3

Vaping is pleasurable without the nicotine as well, in my opinion. The reason cigarette smoking for minors is against the law is due to health effects of tar and associated carcinogens.

What is needed is a solid policy position from the federal government based on sound studies. If the studies find no public health concern, then it will put the issue to bed once and for all. If there is a health concern, yet is minor compared to smoking cigarettes, then I do not believe it needs to be regulated in anyway whatsoever as it is a device to break an addiction that is harmful. If there is a lesser threat than cigarettes determined by sound studies, they may still keep it illegal for minors and there will not be much that can be done about it.

Remember that nicotine is still a drug, yet so is caffeine. In my opinion, nicotine is more dangerous in it's pure form and more susceptible to health threatening misadventure through mishandling.

Last edited:

Russkiy

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
San Ramon
I'm with you all the way! Congratulations to you, your classmates, and especially thank your Principal. Which state are you in? California?

Yep ^_^

And I feel really good about myself.

I rarely see non-smoking minors turn to vaping nicotine juices.
A couple guys I hang out with vape 0mg because they've never smoked a cigarette, but enjoy vaping. That's what I like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread