Where to get Poly-Seal Caps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
Background: I'm upping my DIY arsenal, Got a gallon of PG from Essential Depot ($38 shipped). Making the move from 250ml 36mg base (only lasted a month as I'm making juice for others) to 500ml 100mg base (with safety precautions in place). My estimates tell me this will last closer to a year so I'm doing the long-term storage procedures (4oz bottles in fridge/freezer). Specialty bottles just delivered my amber glass bottles, but with my nic on the way from WL, I still would like the poly-seal caps that were not included w/ the bottles.

TL;DR. - Where can I find only a few poly-seal caps? I only need 5-10 caps so I went here:

Cap with Polyseal Cone Liner

... But they estimated $17 shipping on my order of $3.50!?!?!?

tried this:

18-400 Poly Seal Caps

minimum order is 144 which comes to $18 before shipping, much better deal but I'd be left with ~120 caps I'd probably NEVER use.

Any ideas ECF DIY gurus?

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
Did you order bottles with the poly seal caps and the didn't deliver. I found nice bottles on amazon for a good value

No, Specialty Bottles doesn't have poly caps from what I see. Their prices are nice, especially if you order quantity, but it took a few days before they shipped the order.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Background: I'm upping my DIY arsenal, Got a gallon of PG from Essential Depot ($38 shipped). Making the move from 250ml 36mg base (only lasted a month as I'm making juice for others) to 500ml 100mg base (with safety precautions in place). My estimates tell me this will last closer to a year so I'm doing the long-term storage procedures (4oz bottles in fridge/freezer). Specialty bottles just delivered my amber glass bottles, but with my nic on the way from WL, I still would like the poly-seal caps that were not included w/ the bottles.

TL;DR. - Where can I find only a few poly-seal caps? I only need 5-10 caps so I went here:

Cap with Polyseal Cone Liner

... But they estimated $17 shipping on my order of $3.50!?!?!?

tried this:

18-400 Poly Seal Caps

minimum order is 144 which comes to $18 before shipping, much better deal but I'd be left with ~120 caps I'd probably NEVER use.

Any ideas ECF DIY gurus?

How bout getting a bunch to make the shipping worth it, then selling off what you don't need. I'm sure the DIY'rs here would snap them up. Lots of people looking for them. Just a thought.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I may be Wrong...

But I believe that if a Bottle is said to be a "Boston Bottle" that there is a Standardized Thread for the Cap.

If so, I don't know how many Different size capes there are. All of my 120ml and Larger Boston Bottles have Interchangeable Capes. So do my 10, 15 and 30ml Bottles.

But the Caps on my Small Bottles don't fit on the Larger Ones.

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
How bout getting a bunch to make the shipping worth it, then selling off what you don't need. I'm sure the DIY'rs here would snap them up. Lots of people looking for them. Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind doing something like this, not for profit, but to help others in my situation. But would that be a co-op then? Would this have to be posted in the classies? Never done that kind of thing before and I don't want to break any rules.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I wouldn't mind doing something like this, not for profit, but to help others in my situation. But would that be a co-op then? Would this have to be posted in the classies? Never done that kind of thing before and I don't want to break any rules.

Not sure what to advise on this, you don't want to become a supplier just for this. Maybe a one time on the classies? Best discuss with a mod first.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
No, Specialty Bottles doesn't have poly caps from what I see. Their prices are nice, especially if you order quantity, but it took a few days before they shipped the order.

Actually they do but you have to order them over the phone and request them with your order otherwise you get the fiber caps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread