Where ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I know certain devices have got to hot and have blown up in people’s faces even in some cases death. Maybe that ?
I don't believe there's been a death directly attributed to a vape blowing up. How much does the Singapore government make off of tobacco sales a year? I honestly don't know the answer but there's always big business involved.

Prince. Sb

Nov 8, 2018
I don't believe there's been a death directly attributed to a vape blowing up. How much does the Singapore government make off of tobacco sales a year? I honestly don't know the answer but there's always big business involved.
That’s what I thought at first. It’s about money here, and the government want to make $$ off everything and they couldn’t with vaping.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada: E-cigarettes are mostly unregulated.[133] They are technically illegal to sell, as no nicotine-containing e-fluid is approved by Health Canada, but this is generally unenforced and they are commonly available for sale Canada-wide.[8] Vancouver bans use of e-cigarettes in public places where smoking is prohibited. Toronto bans use of e-cigarettes in city work spaces.[134] The governing Liberals recently introduced a provincial legislation in Ontario to regulate e-cigarette devices.[135] Local vape shops in Ontario currently trying to Fight Bill 45.[136] The city of Red Deer bans electronic cigarette use where smoking is prohibited.[137]

So, Canadians, no help for you either?????? Are you REALLY going to cross the self righteousness side???????

• Winner
Reactions: Janusz

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
One other question and I’m sure this one is allowed, why is it banned in Singapore? Or other countries I’ve ask people here and no one seems to know.
One other question and I’m sure this one is allowed, why is it banned in Singapore? Or other countries I’ve ask people here and no one seems to know.

Singapore is a country that already bans chewing gum, a man having sex with another man is a prisonable offence, there's restrictions on what times you're allowed to consume alcohol, oral and .... sex are illegal, and suicide is also illegal.

To start out with, it's not exactly a place of civil liberties.

Secondly, they were one of the first to start anti-cigarette campaigns in the 70s. Banning smoking in places like 20 years before they happened here in Canada. With a lower incidence of smokers, you don't have a real motivation to promote harm reduction.

When you add the two together, you get a recipe where banning vaping seems normal.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I just read this week that in South Australia they have passed legislation to ban all online vape sales, also vape shops can't display any products, provide samples or give discounts. Once that legislation goes into effect I feel bad for the people there. They're going the wrong way imo

yeah that does not surprise me ..... Thanks for the info as I was not aware of that data .... But, it's okay if people smoke their brains out with tobacco products, get COPD, heart disease, and lung cancer? Law makers (in most Countries) need to be tarred, feathered, and horse whipped lol

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    Canada: E-cigarettes are mostly unregulated.[133] They are technically illegal to sell, as no nicotine-containing e-fluid is approved by Health Canada, but this is generally unenforced and they are commonly available for sale Canada-wide.[8] Vancouver bans use of e-cigarettes in public places where smoking is prohibited. Toronto bans use of e-cigarettes in city work spaces.[134] The governing Liberals recently introduced a provincial legislation in Ontario to regulate e-cigarette devices.[135] Local vape shops in Ontario currently trying to Fight Bill 45.[136] The city of Red Deer bans electronic cigarette use where smoking is prohibited.[137]

So, Canadians, no help for you either?????? Are you REALLY going to cross the self righteousness side???????

You should not use outdated information. Here is the government website on vaping:
    Vaping - Canada.ca

If you are a smoker: vaping vs smoking
    Vaping is less harmful than smoking. Many of the toxic and cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco and the tobacco smoke form when tobacco is burned.Footnote2 Footnote3Footnote4

Vaping products do not contain tobacco and do not involve burning or produce smoke. Except for nicotine, vaping products typically only contain a fraction of the 7,000 chemicals found in tobacco or tobacco smoke, and at lower levels.

Switching from tobacco cigarettes to vaping products will reduce a person's exposure to many toxic and cancer-causing chemicals.Footnote5

As a step towards quitting cigarettes, many smokers may go through a transition period when they use both cigarettes and vaping products. Studies have shown short-term general health improvements in those who have completely switched from smoking cigarettes to vaping products.Footnote6

We legalized recreational pot earlier this month. You really think nicotine vaporisers are a big deal?

VapourFlavour

Moved On
    Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada

You're quoting bans on where in public it is allowed and the debate on nicotine ejuice?

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Singapore is a country that already bans chewing gum, a man having sex with another man is a prisonable offence, there's restrictions on what times you're allowed to consume alcohol, oral and .... sex are illegal, and suicide is also illegal.

To start out with, it's not exactly a place of civil liberties.

Secondly, they were one of the first to start anti-cigarette campaigns in the 70s. Banning smoking in places like 20 years before they happened here in Canada. With a lower incidence of smokers, you don't have a real motivation to promote harm reduction.

When you add the two together, you get a recipe where banning vaping seems normal.

Bordering between Marxism and Communism ..... The USA keeps messing around and we will eventually get there ourselves. But, that's another topic.

Reactions: Susaz

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    You're quoting bans on where in public it allowed and the debate on nicotine ejuice?
    Then you're on the same terms as many other countries. Here if you vape in public, even in the sight of a police officer, you won't be said a word. Still, from time to time (most probably because of uncomfortable tobacco manufacturers) a raid happens. You're not on the clear either.

• Informative
    Reactions: AXIOM_1

dom qp

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2015
    South Central... Ontario
    Then you're on the same terms as many other countries. Here if you vape in public, even in the sight of a police officer, you won't be said a word. Still, from time to time (most probably because of uncomfortable tobacco manufacturers) a raid happens. You're not on the clear either.

This year has been a year for legislation for the vaping industry in Canada. In my province they amended the tobacco laws to include vaping. It's simple here. Where you can smoke cigarettes you can vape. Includes in your car, outside, at home, outside a hospital or work.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    This year has been a year for legislation for the vaping industry in Canada. In my province they amended the tobacco laws to include vaping. It's simple here. Where you can smoke cigarettes you can vape. Includes in your car, outside, at home, outside a hospital or work.

Excellent! That is indeed good news Brother :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    yes, this is a forum to help vapers
    however we can not help if the country that you are residing in has banned vaping
    I knew that it was banned in singapore from past complaints from people that live there
    we can not aid in finding blackmarket ways to buy them...we can aid in advice about vaping, but as for helping you to find ways around the laws there, we aren't really able to post such things.
    Now there are obvious loopholes, as you said, you brought your vape with you through customs
    and I myself have been in places where it is illegal to smoke or vape in public but you can bring it through customs for personal use within your own home (or hotel room) but if caught in public it will be confiscated and you could be arrested or fined, be thankful that all that happened was they took it away....
    now all that being said, I will say that I know a lot of folks place orders online, but there again you run the risk of it being confiscated at import and possibly being fined for importing it. So that is your decision to make if you wish to run that risk....

however we are more than happy to help you in learning about vaping and if you leave singapore and are in a country that it's not illegal, we will be more than happy to help direct you to places to buy items but unfortunately we aren't really going to be able to help much in that aspect currently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread