The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Which Atty???

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by 1/2 fast, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    Hi all, getting ready to order my first REO (LP Grand). Trying to decide which RBA to get from REO's website.

Currently I'm using Kayfyns/Russians on regulated devices built to 1.5 - 1.7 ohms on a daily basis and drip using a Phoenix or Patriot clone on an 18650 mech built to 0.9 - 1.2 ohms. Not a big fan of dual coils nor any extended amount of vaping in the .5 or lower range. Tootle puffer for sure.

Looking for some thoughts as to which of the offered rebuildables might best match up with they way I usually vape. Thanks in advance!

2. coaldriller

coaldriller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    West Virginia
    The RM2 is a great little single coil atty.

Sent from Reoville

• Like Like x 1
  3. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    For that kind of coil use I can't recommend the RM2 enough! I use one every day. A 1.2 ohm single coil rocks on one!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kh888

Kh888 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2014
    Illinois
    Another vote for the RM2!

5. ancient puffer

ancient puffer EX PV Collector Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Virginia, USA
    Hey! Did anybody recommend the RM2 yet? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Get ready to ditch the rest of your vape gear, you will love the Reo. If you mouth to lung only (MTL) the RM2 is fantastic. If you want to double coil maybe in the future and perhaps lung hit try the RM4, Atomic. It works fine for me, single coil 1.0 ohm for lung or MTL. I never thought I'd want to lung hit but did not have that option with my Kayfun or many other tanks (that have been long retired). So, for me RM4 is the most versatile but also love my RM2. Get both and play around if your funds can handle it. Have fun and pictures when you get her running!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robfisher

Robfisher Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    RM2 no question.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking maybe.... the RM2. Just make sure you order the low profile version (there are 2 versions).

Per Scout above, you couple that with the RM4 and you've got a whole lotta vaping range covered. Best one-two punch in Rob's stable for your vaping preferences.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    Let me sum the thread up for you thus far:

RM2.

Let me sum the next several pages of this thread up for you in advance:

RM2.

You can always "upgrade" to higher quality attys later on if you choose to - say, a Chalice or something - but, best bang for the buck for that style of vaping? RM2. It's a staple. Even I have a couple though they're retired, but I'd never get rid of them. Why?

Because they're RM2s.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Neolithium

Neolithium Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just do be different I'm going to say don't disregard the RM8 ;) It's capable of single coil as well and is another little flavour powerhouse. Airflow is quite customizable and it just looks cute as a button on a Reo :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. kkiet

kkiet Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2015
    Milwaukee, Wi
    RM2

• Like Like x 1
  12. DoubleDZA

DoubleDZA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2014
    South Africa
    RM2, RM4 and the Chalice V3 -- Currently I'm absolutely loving the chalice, haven't stopped using it since I got it.
    My Rm2, 4, and odin just sit around wishing I could afford another reo haha

13. Neolithium

Neolithium Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have an odin on the way. Tempted to get one of the new Reos with the Adjustable 510 and other upgrades, so I can send this one in....however my wife may murder me LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. DoubleDZA

DoubleDZA Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2014
    South Africa
    The new Reos 510s rock, When I got mine, I literally only filled the bottle with some 'cloud sauce',
    dabbed nolax on the contacts,
    chucked in a fully charged cell,
    screwed on my RM4 and vaped away like a boss.
    Not one little bit of trouble...ever.
    I've had this Reo since April this year and have never even taking the delrin cover off. There is just no need to do so.
    I couldn't be happier. Now I just need 2 more Reos lol

• Like Like x 4
  15. Danrogers

Danrogers Super Member ECF Veteran

I have been vaping on my Reo/RM2 for a month now and I love it, every pull is exactly the same perfection. The RM2 is easy to build on and a great Atty to start with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 1/2 fast

1/2 fast Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    I'm thinking maybe I need to get the RM2 to start.....somehow the idea kinda just popped into my head I'll surely try others soon enough as I'm long afflicted with terminal Shinyitis.

Many thanks.....that was about as impressive a consensus as I've seen since I've been hanging around these forums.

I'm thinking one more mod won't even be noticeable in my vaping stash. That's the theory I'm going with anyway

Really appreciate all of the responses!

• Like Like x 6
  17. JetMac

JetMac Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Valdosta, GA, USA
    If you still haven't decided on an RM2 yet, there's always the Cyclone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

18. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Good thinking on starting with the RM2 (small= flavor). Try it and if you find that you want more air, just drill out the hole (just a bit, try it and do more if need be). One size up is suffice for me.

Thanks for asking. We LOVE to be asked our opinions

• Like Like x 6
  19. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    If you get the RM2 then you ought to look at Super_X_Drifter's video in the stickies. You will find it very helpful when starting on the RM2, I'd go so far as to say mandatory viewing. For me, it eliminated many little errors improving my use. It also has a lot hints that I probably would never have found on my own by trial and error.

• Like Like x 5
  20. 57chilicat

57chilicat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    Did anyone recommend the RM2?????? Just kidding! It's a great atty for single coil builds!!!!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.