which one should i go for 801 or 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
sun burnt o z land
hi guys new to the forum ordered a 801 from eastmall and have been vapping for a about a month, and life has been great:D.

But i think the auto batt's are hit and miss at times, and eastmall has now restocked the manuel batt's and got me thinking. should i go for the 510 since they come manuel anyway and smaller or buy some manuel batt's for me 801? tell me your thoughts about it.

ellanceo

May 11, 2009
Las Cruces, NM
I bought a 801 for my first purchase, and it has been great. Eastmall took care of me VERY well, and I am very happy to say that I am a permanent customer.

Ed called me one very early morning, and we had a chat about my next purchase. I was interested in the 901, simply because I enjoy penstyles. He however, recommended that I get the 510 instead, as it is a huge hit with customers and performs beautifully!

I just ordered two PCC's and 4 510's. I expect it to be much more satisfying than my 801. Just look at the vapor production!:

YouTube - 510 E-Cig, Personal Vaporiser - 1 week review

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
I've been reading a lot of bad things about the manual 801 batts. Not just from Eastmall but from other vendors as well. My 901 manual batts were pretty spotty. Out of my first two, one was DOA, the other worked great. Ed got me a replacement but it isn't sealed and is wimpy. The original good one gave out completely on me after using it for less than 2 weeks.

I can't say if the manuals are really better than the auto batts at this point... It seems like the 501 is the better choice if you want manual batts. Maybe I just got unlucky with the 901 manual batts. I'll probably stick with auto batts or get a mod for the 801/901.

Ridewithme38

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
I've had the same issues with the 901 Manual batteries...out of 6 i've got 1 still working...either the switch would get stuck on(Fun explaining that burning skin smell from my pocket during work) or the batteries would just loss all Voltage(Half volt of Multimeter) and refuse to charge...

I'm hoping its just because they are a sort of NEW technology and they haven't worked all the bugs out...But i'm back to my Auto 901 Batteries that have work perfectly since i began vaping(Still using the originals)

argada

Jul 19, 2009
I have both the 510 and 801 from eastmall. The 510's are just over a month old now and they work fairly well. Only problem I have with them is the cart performance, could never get one to last me more than about 3-4 drops worth (dry near the top, still soaked on the bottom), so I have to take a bottle of liquid everywhere. Tried most of the mods out there, slight improvements here and there, but still require an awful lot of attention to get it to perform at its best. When when it is performing, it's great.

Recently bought the manual 801 hoping to get more duration from the bigger carts. It has been 4 days and I'm very happy with it. Took around 40 drops of liquid fill a new cart and lasts me all day at work.

Obviously I can't speak much for reliability as everything is still new, but I've had no problem with the manual battery, everything is sealed, lasts quite a bit longer than 510 battery, it performs very consistantly until it starts flashing green (drained) and I think the switch have a better, quality feeling compared with the 510, it doesn't stick out as much (personal preference). Hopefully performance doesn't degrade tooo much as the 801 gets older. I will have to wait and see.

This week, I've been taking 801 to work and drip with 510 at home using a passthrough. Works pretty well.

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
If you are enjoying the vaping experience with the 801, then I would suggest trying out the manual batteries. The 510 will produce a much harsher vapor which tends to overcome flavor and burns through liquid quickly....plus its exceedingly short battery life. If you do decide to go w/ a 510, make sure you get the PCC so that you can keep one battery charged up while your vaping another!!

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I have both the 801 and 510. To be honest, I like both for different reasons.

The 801 gives a nice smooth vapor and good flavor. Plus the battery life is pretty decent (I only have a few automatic ones). The only downside is that you have to be careful which atomizers you buy for it as they aren't all the same. You'll want the atomizers that have a smooth rounded mesh and not the ones that are more pointed. The ones sold at eastmall are great! Great flavor and consistent vapor production.

The 510 has an excellent combination of throat hit and flavor. It's smaller and more portable, but make sure you buy plenty of batteries if you go with this model. The battery life is crap. I have 4 batteries and two chargers that I constantly rotate. I get maybe a half hour off of a single battery.

If I had to make a choice between the two, I'd go with the 510. But if you have the money, wouldn't hurt to buy both models and see how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread