Which Tank do you run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
California
Hi holley! I totally forgot about that one and I'm surprised because the purple caught my eye. I have the vid bookmarked from LD.

I love the tanks but if your juice is thick or has sediment, the ones I have tried clog. Mom and Pops cartos do have a larger hole but I find it difficult to change the cartos because they are really really snug plus for me it's hard to align the gaskets once you replace. But on the positive side, they definitely don't leak.

I just want a no mess, no fuss tank that's cheap...lol

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I really like the mini sub tank I got from Momandpopvaporshop.. I like that it has a fill/vent hole. I have a lot of poly tubing and grommets and have drilled holes in the tubing "tanks" and added screws for a fill hole. Makes it so much easier to fill and vent when needed. I've heard nothing but great things about the dctank that madvapes sells but haven't tried it. I just got into the co-op over on the pif co-op forum.. 5 tanks for $18 shipped! I love using tanks! The chibi is nice but it needs a fill hole. It would be worth the extra few dollars if they would add one.

If you get a carto that doesn't want to wick well.. all you have to do is take off the screw and vape once and put the screw back in.. it'll be good to go for a little while.

I don't have any trouble assembling the grommets style tanks.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
2 of the best newer tanks on the market are for sure the Gotvapes Stone tanks & Grande Tanks, if ya haven't tried them you just might want to do so, and I dont give props if there not deserved, these things both rock, fill halF way on first fill, and it takes about a half a tank for them to break in properly, then they are WIN !!!

Bizrad8381

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2011
The 269
I'm for sure buying from Mom and Pop..
I've got my eye on the mini.
But my question,,They sell carto's just 1 w/ the different ohms.
But does this carto fit all of these tank models? They didn't look long enough.

The 1.7 resurrector are for the sub the 2.0 and 3.0 boges are for the mini-sub. They are in the kits and equipment section, under ecig accessories, under prepunched cartomizers.

bseven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario
I see there are a few people who bought the mini sub from mom and pop and curious if any of you had flooding issues with the carto that came with it?
I filled mine and juice started coming out of the bottom and into my mouth and not sure what I'm doing wrong. The carto came prepunched with 3 holes. From every picture I've seen of tank cartos they all had 1 or 2 two holes. Could this have caused the flooding?
I'm waiting for some ss cartos to arrive before I punch them myself so want to make sure I'm doing it correct.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I see there are a few people who bought the mini sub from mom and pop and curious if any of you had flooding issues with the carto that came with it?
The carto came prepunched with 3 holes. From every picture I've seen of tank cartos they all had 1 or 2 two holes. Could this have caused the flooding?

My cart has 3 holes punched, currently using the 3.0 boge with the mini sub tank and no leaking so far.

I purchased two of the Sub mini's, and I've been thrilled with them! Not sure why you're having a problem.

Recommended 'em to my cousin, who's just starting vapping, and he also really likes them. Wish I could tell you why you're having flooding problems...

Xhevias

Dec 1, 2011
Oregon
I have been using the Smok tech 3.0ohm tank cartos pretty much exclusively on my LT. What I do is take a thumb tack and carefully insert it into the wicking hole and slowly move side to side, up and down to make the wicking hole about twice as large. The cartos' aluminum is so soft, this is easy to do. NO wicking problems what-so-ever. I have gone through maybe 15 cartos w/o any wicking issues. The ones that Volcano has will be getting them with a 1.8mm hole instead of the 1mm hole in the near future, if not the ones they just got in already have the larger hole. No sure if they do yet. I have been having excellent results doing this. So, if the new 1.8mm hole size is basically the same size as what I make with a thumb tack, this will be nice for consistent wicking.

Xhev...

Corpa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
California
I have been using the Smok tech 3.0ohm tank cartos pretty much exclusively on my LT. What I do is take a thumb tack and carefully insert it into the wicking hole and slowly move side to side, up and down to make the wicking hole about twice as large.

Thanks for the great tip, Xhevias. I'm definitely all for easy and cheap.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I use a visions stone tank on mine, but I'm getting a grande any day now to try. Most of the time I run a visions giant on there. I love the clearos.

The Vision Grande works great on them! The Vision Stone looks the best on them though. I think when they get the Stone with four wicks like the Grande and the replaceable ce2's at different ohm values they will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread