Who got their Iatty and How do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
I bought two and i'm very impressed with the design and performance fatboystudios, ease of build, performance, not one drop leaked, adjustable juice control, no gurgling, slightly airy vape (but if your a GGTS owner that is catered for).

The design is simplistic but very clever (as all good designs are) the video's make it look quite complicated but in reality it's very easy to do, i can make a coil in under 5 minuets and that is metered to exactly what i want, i have hit a dry burn only once, and i was using 6v with a 2.8ohm coil and repeatedly vaping, nobody is going to vape like this, i was just pushing it until it happened, i was very surprised at how long it took to hit a dry spot, actually started feeling a little nauseous so i'm glad it happened.

I think anyone who is still waiting for their iAtty is going to be seriously impressed, i give credit when it's due but also criticize (in a constructive way) flaws, i'm still looking for the flaw, there has to be one, but i haven't found it yet.

The one thing i am curios about is concerning the UFS users, when your stock of 510 atties depletes will you buy more? i don't think you will, you may find the iAtty outperforms the UFS in every department, my conclusion after using the UFS and iAtty is that the iAtty has retired the UFS, it simply is just that good

Just an addition..In case anybody takes this post the wrong way, i'm not criticizing the UFS, great product..but it's only as good as the atty you put in there, the iAtty eliminates this variable :)

Last edited:

SparkyII

Feb 4, 2011
UK
It vapes very well, and it's quite easy to get a coil wound to your preferred resistance with a little practice. One word of caution though - be very careful not to get any wire wound around the threads of the plastic which screw into the metal parts when attaching your coil. I foolishly did, and had a miserable time trying to undo the bottom part. Luckily, the plastic part wasn't too badly damaged, and I managed to "open up" the scored plastic threads.

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK
It vapes very well, and it's quite easy to get a coil wound to your preferred resistance with a little practice. One word of caution though - be very careful not to get any wire wound around the threads of the plastic which screw into the metal parts when attaching your coil. I foolishly did, and had a miserable time trying to undo the bottom part. Luckily, the plastic part wasn't too badly damaged, and I managed to "open up" the scored plastic threads.

Good point SparkyII, imeo can you make available just the plastic parts and o-rings to your sellers as spares in case of accidents?

scope

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2011
uk
I'm loving mine more and more, I've got mine on my GGTS and it rocks! as womblebat mentioned, the air control on the GGTS is an added bonus! it has also made my UFS redundant for now!

I thought that it was going to be to much messing about with when I was winding my first coil, but anyone with half a brain cell like me only needs to do it once! then it's just plain sailing! Soooo easy, gonna get some looks out shopping with this fog machine lol. Can't wait to see what you guy's think!

As in the film First blood.."Give that man a cigar"

lee72

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
UK
The iAtty vapes like a train. I can't believe how hard you can vape it with no drop in performance. I'm trying to test it to destruction but it won't let me win!

As others have said making the coil is pretty simple. I had to thread and unthread my parts a couple of times to get them to go on smoothly but it goes together easily now. I can't say enough good things about this.

Ways

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2010
Hertfordshire, England
Received mine today. After a quick skim through the iatty videos to refresh my memory i got it assembled with a 1.7+/- ohm resistance (same resistance as the 901's i use in my AVS for comparison purposes), filled with my usual VG coffee homebrew and now my shed looks like a foggy evening in 1900's London :laugh:. Great vapour production,flavour and throat hit. Compared to my AVS the vapour production is greater and it has more flavour so a big thumbs up from me.:thumb:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
The one thing i am curios about is concerning the UFS users, when your stock of 510 atties depletes will you buy more? i don't think you will, you may find the iAtty outperforms the UFS in every department, my conclusion after using the UFS and iAtty is that the iAtty has retired the UFS, it simply is just that good

Of course I'll buy more attys. I love the older Alum GGTS/AVS as much as I do the SSGGTS/UFS.....and I'm sure I'll love the Iatty just as much.

That's like sayin' I'll stop dating blondes because I found a gorgeous redhead..........
love.gif

Hey....just noticed the name change went through. Everyone called me "Para" anyway and it's easy to spell. Awesome

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
Of course I'll buy more attys. I love the older Alum GGTS/AVS as much as I do the SSGGTS/UFS.....and I'm sure I'll love the Iatty just as much.

That's like sayin' I'll stop dating blondes because I found a gorgeous redhead..........
love.gif

Hey....just noticed the name change went through. Everyone called me "Para" anyway and it's easy to spell. Awesome

+1...but Lax, why the name change?

womblebat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2008
UK

love.gif

You should, redheads are way more volatile hence much more fun ;)

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
i have hit a dry burn only once, and i was using 6v with a 2.8ohm coil and repeatedly vaping, nobody is going to vape like this, i was just pushing it until it happened, i was very surprised at how long it took to hit a dry spot, actually started feeling a little nauseous so i'm glad it happened.

The iAtty vapes like a train. I can't believe how hard you can vape it with no drop in performance. I'm trying to test it to destruction but it won't let me win!

+1 on that see my new thread i've done a tested to destruction style test on it which its passed with flying colours and given me mild nicotine poisoning:blink:
Careful now guys, we want you around for the VV launch!:laugh:
Reading your results does really give one an idea of what kind
of performance we can expect from the iAtty, and it all looks real good to me:thumbs:
I should hopefully be joining you in the iAtty nic haze tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread