Why Did I Wait So Long?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvabull

Dec 18, 2011
Pearl, Mississippi
I've been researching e cigs on and off for about 8 months now. Like most of you, I've tried to quit smoking too many times to count. I've smoked Kool 100's for 31 years, 1 1/2 - 2 PAD. I lost my Dad and a brother within 4 months of each other to stroke and lung cancer. I have chronic bronchitis. I see my family doctor more than I see a lot of my family!

A little over two weeks ago, my husband and I found out that he has to have a fourth back surgery. There's fusing and hardware this time. The neurosurgeon will not perform this operation unless my hubby stops smoking. He's a 2 PAD Marlboro smoker for 37 years. Of course I don't expect him to quit while I continue to smoke. He decided to go cold turkey, I decided to gradually quit with the help of an e cig. I ordered starter kits for both of us. (Ego from Liberty Flights)

I had just opened a pack of analogs, and was smoking the first one when I got my supplies from the mailbox. That was Monday, December 19, and that was the last analog I smoked. I had two unopened packs in addition to the just opened pack. I kept the open pack on my desk for the first week, and reached over them for the Ego every time. I understand it doesn't work like this for everyone, and I'm so thankful that it did for me.

Hubby was still skeptical, although he was very impressed with my progress. He went cold turkey 2 days, grumpy & ill, until I handed him an Ego filled with a Red Bull juice. He's not had an analog either, and grumpy and ill disappeared quickly! We've both been analog free for 2 weeks today!

We have converted 8 friends and family members already! The neurosurgeon said "let me see you smoke it" in his exam room! lol

Thanks for all the info I've gotten from here. You people are awesome!:toast:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
That is fantastic! I'm glad you like your ego! I just ordered a new device but it was not an ego, more of a mod style! I love it though. I just bought a liquinator, it is a big tank that holds allot of juice and works well with boge carts. Hope I like it, but I think I will because I like the idea of vaping all day with out changing carts. Again congratulations!

Spartan8029

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Wichita, KS

luvabull

Dec 18, 2011
Pearl, Mississippi
Thanks everyone! Jacquelyn, we've been trying to avoid fusion for 2 years now. We just really don't have much choice at this point. He has a nicotine test Wednesday when we do pre-admit. I asked the neuro about this test and nicotine replacement therapy. He assured me that hubby would be fine with the e cig. I'm still a little anxious, though.

lol at hiding from the neuro! I know how you feel!

luvabull

Dec 18, 2011
Pearl, Mississippi
Sorry to hear about your losses, I'm glad to hear you're taking the right path. Good luck to your husband adn your doctor rocks! Do you guys enjoy the redbull juice? I purchased a 50ml bottle and it just doesn't taste the same to me. If you'e interested in a trade let me know, lol, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...uice-batteries-parts-etc-393.html#post4923373

He really liked it the first day or so, but got tired of it and gave the rest of the sample to our daughter. I never really liked it, I still need that menthol! He's still trying to find his favorite, but he likes the tobacco juices. He likes 555, and I've got some RY4 on the way.

luvabull

Dec 18, 2011
Pearl, Mississippi
That's exactly the reason our neuro gave for not doing the surgery on a smoker.
His first surgery was for severe spinal stenosis, was back in the hospital within the week with MRSA. They went back into his back and cleaned the infection, then he had a PIC for 6 weeks. Third surgery was to remove pieces of disk that had fragmented. This one is to fuse L3 & L4. L3 has moved backwards out of line. I hope this is the last one!

I'm not familiar with your condition, but am sure it's painful. I'm scared to death of any kind of surgery myself! I wish you luck and hope there are alternatives to surgery for you. I'll be sure to keep you posted, and please do the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread