why do people choose a mech over regulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
My "homemade" hybrid is probably my favorite and I use the bejeebers out of it.

qRIDGK2.jpg

Yes, it's a "gennie" and I love it.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
To be fair, the build you get on an rda is nothing like a Kanger RBA. Most RDAs have bigger build deck and are easier to build on and wick. Kanger RBA decks are notoriously finicky. A good rda will give you great Flavor and lots of Vapor. I have a .25 ohm dual coil build on a Lush RDA that vapes great on my Noisy Cricket. If you ever get the urge to try an RBA. Velocity style Decks are easy to learn to build on.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, but I think I'll take a pass. I'll stick to stock coils, I can't be bothered with this anymore. Whatever is happening with the cotton in that RBA, I don't understand it and after several failed attempts, I think I'll stick to the plug and play stock coils.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
is there a reason why people choose a mechanical mod over a regulated? i honestly haven't dealt with my own mech i just use my friends from time to time...and i see no advantage outside of it being more aesthetic and maybe...you can beat an assailant to death with one and have it still working afterwards....lol...idk i feel these newer regulated or on average most regulated mods are overall better in most aspects.

what do you guys think?

Same reason as getting a bicycle instead of a car : cost and simplicity.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Done. :D

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
any of you have suggestions for any mods to get both auth/clones i'm going to try it out see how it is once i understand safety. for example a clone that is typically of higher quality or reasonable quality and wouldn't require much tweaking

I watched a video where a guy took 3 nemesis clones all different materials and ran them on an electronic load. Copper vs brass was statistically insignificant and copper vs stainless was so small of a difference you really won't see a difference (i.e 0.5 watt difference at 0.5ohm). so the button/switch design and specific battery (not model or make but the actual specific one you have in hand) make a bigger difference than material from what i can tell.

this is where i need help on deciding which mechs i should test and eventually get a authentic of, because i have no knowledge outside of what i'm told here...and maybe some vids...but i'd rather get another person's first hand experience.

All stainless body with copper contacts is my preference. Most of the so called authentic US made mods are either made out of copper, brass or aluminum which I dislike with a passion.
Copper or brass for the body is just too soft and tarnishes and leaves your hands smelling like a penny. They should at least make a mod out of bronze instead !

Weisec's Skyladon is an authentic mod for under $20usd with both top cap and hybrid adapter with magnetic firing switch ! The only thing I don't like about it is the brass hybrid cap and firing button.

Skyladon - Wismec Electronics Co.,Ltd

Last edited:

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
I am sure you did! You can also get 4 Corvettes for the price of a Lamborghini. But price isn't an issue for Sid so she may as well have the best.

first off i don't buy things aimlessly i test things out first then buy if i like it...i'm not going to spend 400 bucks on a mech mod i've never really dealt with and have no knowledge of...i want to buy a clone first get an understanding of it first and if it messes up then i'll learn if one has money doesn't mean they need to waste it.

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
Buying something nice isn't wasting money. Burning dollar bills to get the fireplace going or using them as the paper to make your own roll your own cigarettes, now that's wasting money.

well we clearly have different idea's of what is considered wasting, because to me spending money on something that has no value or use to you is the same thing as burning the money itself.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
well we clearly have different idea's of what is considered wasting, because to me spending money on something that has no value or use to you is the same thing as burning the money itself.
So you don't own a single thing that's nicer than it needs to be in order to accomplish its utilitarian mission?

Reactions: beckdg

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
So you don't own a single thing that's nicer than it needs to be in order to accomplish its utilitarian mission?

owning and purchasing are two different things...if you own something already it served a purpose and it's filled it's worth more than likely or had some intent and can still have said purpose in said further....purchasing something that potentially has no value or use to the person ...has no worth to that person...

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
owning and purchasing are two different things...if you own something already it served a purpose and it's filled it's worth more than likely or had some intent and can still have said purpose in said further....purchasing something that potentially has no value or use to the person ...has no worth to that person...
OK, let me rephrase that: So you've never purchased a single thing that's nicer than it needs to be to fulfill its utilitarian purpose?

Reactions: beckdg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Beautiful mechanical box mod! Have never seen one like it. What is it?:)
Luna Sea Mechanical box mod with a Kraken genesis tank.
Both clones.
The authentic Luna Sea mods can be found on eBay from the Modder for about $100.
They aren't very expensive.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

So art has no purpose?
:facepalm:
Just. Stop.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Luna Sea Mechanical box mod with a Kraken genesis tank.
Both clones.
The authentic Luna Sea mods can be found on eBay from the Modder for about $100.
They aren't very expensive.
Beautiful box mods. Luna Sea Mods. I also love the Tailsman.:) Another mod to add to my list. I have a real weakness for wooden box mods.

4daba91dd756a77fb0fbc92436d21ba9

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
So art has no purpose?
:facepalm:
Just. Stop.

what? like i said it depends on the person's view of value ... plenty of people can go to a museum and find a piece of art to be trash and worth nothing to them...while another find it amazing and worth millions. it's completely subjective...you should just stop...you're heading for a cliff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread