Why do people seem anxious for you to quit vaping, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I think when they ask you if you are going to quit vaping too and when it might be fun to ask when then are going to quit sticking their noses into other people's business.

:sneaky: that's a good one :sneaky:
Combine that with Queen Victoria's famous "We are not amused" - look and you've got a sure winner ;)

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
I just figure that their pointing out that you are still a complete and utter failure and loser by not 'quitting' makes their shi$$y lives a little better to live through and increases their sense of self-worth by looking down on you.
You've quit the coffin nails. You are a winner. Anything else is just minor cleanup..

Davinna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Central Il, USA
I had a guy yesterday who asked what I was using "Is that a hooka you've got there?" In laymen terms I told him it was my e-cigarette. (I don't think most would understand if I said I was vaping or using a PV.) He continued, chastising me by saying "But you're still on nicotine" and laughed at me. His response made me feel like a failure in a small way. I responded by saying "at least I don't have all the carcinogens in my system anymore". I left it there, but looking back at the situation I wish I had read this post before hand. He was being an A**.

I am so happy I've quit analogs and I really am just staring my hobby of vaping. I'm had originally started vaping thinking I'd stop that eventually, but I see no reason too now.

Thanks for the great post!

WelshVapour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
wales, UK
I had a guy yesterday who asked what I was using "Is that a hooka you've got there?" In laymen terms I told him it was my e-cigarette. (I don't think most would understand if I said I was vaping or using a PV.) He continued, chastising me by saying "But you're still on nicotine" and laughed at me. His response made me feel like a failure in a small way. I responded by saying "at least I don't have all the carcinogens in my system anymore". I left it there, but looking back at the situation I wish I had read this post before hand. He was being an A**.

I am so happy I've quit analogs and I really am just staring my hobby of vaping. I'm had originally started vaping thinking I'd stop that eventually, but I see no reason too now.

Thanks for the great post!

You should be happy you've quit!.

It's almost like no one's heard about all the other chemicals in the death stinks, i'll be glad of the day someone says to me "nicotine? Hey, least it's not arsenic right? "

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

remnant

Sep 29, 2013
sydenham se26
I generally explain it like this:

There were good reasons to stop smoking, but having good reasons did not make me stop smoking. Finding something that gave me everything (and more) that I wanted from smoking, and which was preferable to smoking in every respect - that got me to stop smoking, completely and instantly. I've not had a cigarette, nor any desire for one, since the day I bought my first cig-alike, ten months ago and counting.

Now, if something comes along that offers me everything that vaping gives me, and which is preferable to vaping in every respect, then I'll be happy to consider it. Frankly, I do not expect that kind of miracle to occur twice in one lifetime. I may reduce my nic strength at some point, either to make my supplies of nic base last longer, or because I feel I'm getting too much nic at my present level. Otherwise, it isn't going to happen.

Also, remember the part about there being good reasons to stop smoking? Well, there *aren't any good reasons* to stop vaping!

Last edited:

ironcobra

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
gambrills maryland usa
Most people are very happy and encouraging about my quitting smoking. A few have had this attitude. I usually ask them would you like me to go back to smoking? would that make you happy? Because you seem disturbed that I've quit. This has become a winning come back.

Nice tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread