Why do reviewers say "let's take it back up top..."?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I always assumed that "taking it down" meant they were going into close focus/macro mode and "taking it up" meant they were going back to normal mode, as in the days when we used to use zoom lenses ... or that it was just that they were American ... as The Man said - "The British and the American are but one race, divided by a common language."

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I'm pretty sure it refers to the camera angles like when you're building your down on the deck when you're using it or up top you're usually facing forward not down however where the hell that began and why every single one of them just about says it I have no damn clue at first I think a couple of them was saying it very tongue-in-cheek but not anymore now it's just what they say maybe it just became part of their thing just like an intro. But it apparently caught on like wildfire.

Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
It obviously means different camera angles, but I think what @vaper1960 is referring to is why do they all say it? It is almost like a required script that all vape reviewers must say. Perhaps other reviewers of other products say something similar, but I’ve never noticed. If reviewing a smartphone, Lou of Unbox Therapy does not say “I’m going to take it on top and make a phone call”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread