Why do you have a mechanical mod???

Status
Not open for further replies.

proverbs

May 10, 2013
Seoul, California
So, I bought a sigelei 13 and I've been using it for a couple weeks. It's been working great and I really like it.

However, I noticed that I don't really see a difference in the vaping experience. I have not got into the rebuildable drip atomizer, and I'm guessing this is the reason.

But I have a eGo VV and a eGo twist, and I use a Kanger Protank II for all of the e-cigs, including the mod. Honestly, I love the mech mod because it looks so frikin awesome, but as far as hits, they all feel the same to me. Am I doing something wrong here? Should I only be using the mech with a drip tank?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
The reson I got into mechanical mods was because they looked so damn good! But they dont work so well with cartos or anything non rebuildable unless you have a kick. Mechanicals just dont have that limit and can be pushed and when you put a mechanical mod with a rebuildable, now instead of adjusting volts or watts, you're adjusting the ohms with the coil you build. By lowering the ohms, you raise the amount of heat like you would by raising the volts/watts. To answer your question, I got the mechanical simply because of how it looks and also because I thought it would be cheaper than buying cartos.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
DITTO all of the above. I like the nice clean simple lines of the mechanicals, no LEDS, extra buttons, as well as the added length. I like having the choice of using it as is or dropping in a Kick when I want. Plus, you can drop it in water, batteries can vent, you can (accidentally) leave it firing for 45 minutes and it comes out unscathed etc.

I love my ELA:)

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Well, mechs will be more dependable than your ego. You can get better battery life too. For the best experience you'll need to build your own coils. You could rebuild your p-tank and it'd work better, but short of this it'll be like your ego (performance wise)

I got a mech because its a bottom fed REO grand, awesome vape.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
What they all said. Mechs and Rebuildables are as basic as it gets and allow you more control to customize your vaping experience. A lot of it is experimenting and learning what you like. You can wrap lower ohm coils with a mech if that is what you like, and it seems like most people do, myself included. I have paid anywhere from $17-$200 for my mechs and the high end ones are harder hitters than the cheap ones. Is it worth it? It is to me. How good you want your vape to be depends on how much you learn and can tailor it. A good mech allows you to do that. When I started vaping I was the least interested in drippers and mechs, now they are the only things I really use for the above mentioned reasons.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
This is why lol

20130911_235131_zps67785608.jpg

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
DITTO all of the above. I like the nice clean simple lines of the mechanicals, no LEDS, extra buttons, as well as the added length. I like having the choice of using it as is or dropping in a Kick when I want. Plus, you can drop it in water, batteries can vent, you can (accidentally) leave it firing for 45 minutes and it comes out unscathed etc.

I love my ELA:)

Never had it fire for that long (thank god) but with my build, something will melt lol. I'm running dual coil at .3 ohms...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Never had it fire for that long (thank god) but with my build, something will melt lol. I'm running dual coil at .3 ohms...

lOL,melt indeed. I did have a full tank on the atomizer and my resistance is 1.7 single coils. I think that day I was kickless, so it didnt "kick" the bucket. :)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Because I'm an idiot and don't know better? I don't know!
I like the smooth transition I get, I like that there is little to nothing to go wrong with them. I like the "puristic approach" they give. I guess I'm "old school" and can deal with a little voltage drop?
I have a Provari, and I'm not going to diss it, but there is just nothing like the feeling of a pure vape off of a pure mechanical to me. I can't and wont try to explain it, but it's a battery, an atomizer and nothing in between them. What you put into it, is what you get!
Buy your atties, carto's, tanks, whatever, right, and it will work, and work well for you! I'm still befuddled where this crap "you have to have an RBA on a mechanical or it's just not worth doing!" came from! I call hogwash on that! There are so many ways to enjoy a mechanical without sub ohm vaping!

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
Because I'm an idiot and don't know better? I don't know!
I like the smooth transition I get, I like that there is little to nothing to go wrong with them. I like the "puristic approach" they give. I guess I'm "old school" and can deal with a little voltage drop?
I have a Provari, and I'm not going to diss it, but there is just nothing like the feeling of a pure vape off of a pure mechanical to me. I can't and wont try to explain it, but it's a battery, an atomizer and nothing in between them. What you put into it, is what you get!
Buy your atties, carto's, tanks, whatever, right, and it will work, and work well for you! I'm still befuddled where this crap "you have to have an RBA on a mechanical or it's just not worth doing!" came from! I call hogwash on that! There are so many ways to enjoy a mechanical without sub ohm vaping!

I dont think anybody is saying that sub ohm is the only way to go for mechanicals but for me, that's the way I go. If a mechanical was fitted with the same atty and/or build as you would the provari or any other VV/VW mod, it would not stand out and would fall under the same category as an ego battery. Sub ohm for me satisfies my vapor chase and throat hit, but of course, thats just me.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I dont think anybody is saying that sub ohm is the only way to go for mechanicals but for me, that's the way I go. If a mechanical was fitted with the same atty and/or build as you would the provari or any other VV/VW mod, it would not stand out and would fall under the same category as an ego battery. Sub ohm for me satisfies my vapor chase and throat hit, but of course, thats just me.

I have to respectively disagree with you on this one, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...925-mechanicals-rbas-myth-where-did-come.html
I'm very happy to hear you found what works for you, but it seems the "consensus" of this forum disagree's with me!

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
I have to respectively disagree with you on this one, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...925-mechanicals-rbas-myth-where-did-come.html
I'm very happy to hear you found what works for you, but it seems the "consensus" of this forum disagree's with me!

Thats their opinions... if it works for them, im glad, if sub ohm isnt for you but other methods work, I'm glad. The common ground we have is that it got us off of cigarettes which is the main purpose of vaping :). Vape on!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thats their opinions... if it works for them, im glad, if sub ohm isnt for you but other methods work, I'm glad. The common ground we have is that it got us off of cigarettes which is the main purpose of vaping :). Vape on!

And I hear you! I just wish others could figure out there's more that can be done with them than bypassing the electronic safeties built into the VV/VW mods! As I hope you know, they still have a lot to offer, besides sub ohm vaping! Sorry if I came across the wrong way, what works for you works, but might not for me, and that's the beauty of it, we all can choose what and how we like it!

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
And I hear you! I just wish others could figure out there's more that can be done with them than bypassing the electronic safeties built into the VV/VW mods! As I hope you know, they still have a lot to offer, besides sub ohm vaping! Sorry if I came across the wrong way, what works for you works, but might not for me, and that's the beauty of it, we all can choose what and how we like it!

There are obvious risks to sub ohms and that should be preached, I dont disagree with that. I actually do use cartos on a mech still so I dont preach judt 1 side. Sub ohms and cartos do the job but I do notice with cartos, I need higher nic levels and with sub ohms, very little to no nic. There are benefits to both so I dont favor either side. I'm sure with the comments you make, you encounter lots of arguements with sub ohm worshippers lol am I right?

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
Sad would be a clone and a bud light, I would vote for proud hahaha

Clones have gone a long way sir. The chi clone is up there! I just found out theres a steam turbine clone now too but I wouldnt trust it since china cloned attys with a threaded top cap usually dont align the air hole with the wick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread