Why I want to quit vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
sandybeach;

I think your plan of dropping your nic level is great. I believe quite a few here have done so and finally quit. No need to DIY, just by your flavors in lower levels.

I also have to agree with LostVapeMonster. It is a mind over matter struggle. You have to want to quit before you even get there, otherwise cravings, stress, and habit win.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and when you finally quit. :)

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Thanks, you guys! I think for me it would be a problem, because there are so few juices I like. I would end up buying a ton of flavorings.

have you tried vaping unflavored? I vape it a lot and I like it. I get mine from myfreedomsmokes, he dilutes it from 24 to 6 nic for me. I have lowered my nic to about 6 with no problems at all. my addiction seems to be the whole hand to mouth, blowing vapor thing. I don't plan to quit, but then I didn't plan to quit smoking either lol

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
OMG! What do you do with your hands when you are bored???? The PV was the go to thing for me at work when I would get bored. I could vape right at my desk, no problem. Now I guess I'll have to - dare I even say it - Work??????? :laugh:

Work?! Whaaaat???!!!

:lol: Chew a pen cap, get a fake metal cig and pretend smoke, chew a lot of toothpicks. IDK!

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Congrats LostVapeMonster!

It's always nice to hear of other people quitting vaping! Quitting ECF is the next hardest thing :)

Hello all. Just gave vaping up on Friday, 12/30 after starting in July. Just quit cold turkey. Gave all my vaping gear to my daughter's BF. For me, the nicotine addiction is the easy part of the quitting battle, so I decided that dropping down to 0 nicotine was pointless. Getting over the psychological hump is completely different ball game. That's where I really have a war on my hands. The mind is a very powerful thing and once you tell it that it likes to have a vape after you eat, it still wants to have that vape after you eat... even after the nicotine is long gone from your system. I'm sure all of you know what I mean. So for now, I'm using candy canes when I really feel a strong craving. They were cheap and easy to come by this time of year. :laugh: Good to know there's some support out here for me. Love this forum and it's nice to stay here even for non-vaping reasons!

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Hi Sandy,

You're not alone in your quest and I'll be cheering you on along the way. :)

Being nicotine free is my goal too, but I don't have an exact timetable yet. I'm vaping mostly 12 mg, but also have some that are higher.

Actually, don't you think it's a blessing that you haven't found that "to die for" juice? I mean, it seems like that would help you in your goal to kick the vaping habit to the curb.

I'm almost wishing that I hadn't discovered the Kona Velvet, because now vaping is too enjoyable! Which will only make it more difficult to give up.

See ya in the "quit vaping forum" in the future.

CigFreedMike

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
New England
My plan was, once off cigarettes, taper the nicotine to zero, and quit vaping. Now, I want to increase the nicotine, search for different flavors, and chain vape. I don't want another addiction and while I agree that vamping is in many ways safer than analoges, and that vamping may be saving my life, nicotine is harmful to the blood vessels and brain, and my larynx hasn't been the same since I've been vaping so I suspect it's not the perfect antidote. I hope that eventually I stop vaping, right now though...I've got to find the perfect juice!

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Hey guys, how's everyone doing on their quest? I'm into simplification these days - pared down the amount of flavors, pared down the filling by using tanks, and still on 6 mg. How about you?

I was just at my hygienist (after about 2.5 months of vaping only) and asked if she noticed anything different. Now I use 100% PG free because PG dries me out too much but she said things were looking really good in there. She said my gums didn't bleed at all and there wasn't much to clean.

I haven't committed to cutting my nicotine yet, I have too many flavors and 11mg is as low as Johnson Creek goes. Once I clear out some of my flavors I'll start buying 0mg to cut the level of the 4 I stick with. I do occasionally vape 5.5 and 0mg without a problem as long as I start my morning with 11mg. Once I thin my bottles down (probably a few more weeks) I'll start pushing 5.5 in the morning.

I don't think I'll ever "quit" vaping because when I backslide I want it to be to e-cigs instead of real cigs. But I'm sure once I get used to 0mg I'll naturally cut back until it's almost non-existent. I know at 11mg I've tapered back from when I started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread