why is everyone on beating up on the 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecktangle

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
Maryland, USA
The 901 is my regular vape, the 510 is the one I use when I want a big "hit".

Each has it's own way of being used. The 901 generally needs a "primer" puff then a nice long slow drag. The 510 is immediate with the manual batt.

Both have their places.

I get thru a day with a single batt on each one. But then I vape both during the day.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I think the 510 just made the 901 an easy target for comparison - the 901 was one of the original mini's so that was what makers shot for.

Using my original kit 901 attys on my JS now.

I love the look and feel of the 901 but my batt luck was no where near yours. I'd get 2 hours tops (heavy vaping though) and the auto switch was very hit/miss for me.

I switched to a passthru for it and that made all the difference. Thinking about the manual batts to try my luck again.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
I'm not liking mine. The batteries seem to be good- they charge quick, and last a long time. I am not terribly impressed with vapor production, though it is acceptable. The BIG problem I have with it, is the really hard draw. No matter what cart filler, I have to suck like crazy on the thing. Like trying to suck a milkshake through a coffee stirrer straw.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
seriously? am i just lucky? my batteries last a good 5 to 6 hours, recharge under 3 and they give me great vape!

anyone else happy with their 901?

Saying that the battery lasts 5-6 hours on a charge for you is not really helpful when how you use it is not also provided. Thousands of members have used the 901. Most consider it a good "beginner" PV. But the vast majority did NOT get even close to 5-6 hours of battery life from it. If a battery (RCR123a 1000mAh) typically gets about 6 -7 hours on a charge and it is 4 times more powerful that a 901 battery, how is it scientifically possible to get 6 hours from a 901????

The answer: it's not possible, with one exception. You are one of those very, very, light users who hit's it once every hour or so. For the vast majority, the 901 batteries last 1-2 hours.

You can not change the laws of science.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
Thats a good point. I change mine several times a day- haven't paid attention really to how often. But usuallly around 9, noon, 5, and 9. Between noon and 5, I usually grab a quick nap- so no useage going on. So even with other life activities going on, I'm still managing 3-4 hours, which is pretty good when I don't have time to vape during the times I have to have my hands busy with the kids (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, bedtime, naptime, etc)

mlady

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2008
toronto
www.facebook.com
Saying that the battery lasts 5-6 hours on a charge for you is not really helpful when how you use it is not also provided. Thousands of members have used the 901. Most consider it a good "beginner" PV. But the vast majority did NOT get even close to 5-6 hours of battery life from it. If a battery (RCR123a 1000mAh) typically gets about 6 -7 hours on a charge and it is 4 times more powerful that a 901 battery, how is it scientifically possible to get 6 hours from a 901????

The answer: it's not possible, with one exception. You are one of those very, very, light users who hit's it once every hour or so. For the vast majority, the 901 batteries last 1-2 hours.

You can not change the laws of science.

perhaps what you are typing is true ... like you said, for the vast majority. so, i shall leave it at this. i am happy with what THIS 901 set has done for my sense of non smoking sucess. if this is a beginner set, so be it. i dont' care. it works. it has kept me from buyng cigs which were killing me.

i guess i started this thread, as i didn't like the product that has worked so well for me, being put down, so to speak. and i do "hit it" quite a bit actually. i vape more at night, it comes off a charge around 6 and i am vaping until 2 am. first thing in the morning, i am vaping for another hour or so, then it needs to be charged. it takes under 3 hours to charge up. i love the vapour amount as well.

i have put out my point of view, as have others. i will stick with the 901 until, i guess, as many have pointed out, i will want to gravitate to another model.
:cool:

Last edited:

labrat

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
I ditched the batts long ago. I use a "box mod". It uses 3 rechargables for 4.1 volts and a charger/power source for times when I don't need to be portable. The advise you are getting about the higher power batts and/or a passthru is the way to go. They are more expensive but as said many times, you get what you pay for. My $.02. BTW, the 901 atty seems to work very well for me.

Brazilleon

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Los Angeles, California
I have both the 510 and the 901, but just recently I have been using my 901 more often than my 510 purely because the flavor of my JC juice is more evident with my 901 and I like the flavor a lot!!
The 510 does heat up faster and deliver a bigger vape, but the flavor is massively different. 1 month in and now it's all about the nice flavors for me.
MMMmm Tennessee Smoke Cured!!

I also had a delivery of the original recipe for TSC and it is certainly different and resembles a smokier flavor, but I have to say, I actually prefer the new recipe.

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
SLB 901's have by far been my best vape. When I was researching e-cigs before I bought, it was the one I had picked, but got talked into the M402 as the 'dream' ecig at the time lol. Like sucking a milkshake.

Got the 510 and it quickly got me off analogs where the 402 failed, but the wick is crap. Tons of vapor until it starts disentegrating. Battery life is a joke, and the vapor reduces pretty bad after about 10 hits on the battery. I think the atty needs more voltage.

Got a 901 and it's everything the other 2 aren't. Great smooth vapor. TONS of it. Cart lasts longer, easier to refill, the battery life is phenomenal. I only have 2 batteries and they are more than enough.

True SLB's are reliable. Absolutely no complaints here.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I love my 901 though I confess to not loving it with the batteries. I use mine with a passthrough and it is hanging out of my mouth darn near all day. Great flavor, great vapor! On the batteries - the draw gets harder and I prefer to deal with my 801. My 801 is my newest and it has become my go-to device. The battery life is great and I love the coolness and flavor of the vapor. For a power hit, I grab my 510 (it is what I use in the AM). So for me, they all have their place.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I'm not liking mine. The batteries seem to be good- they charge quick, and last a long time. I am not terribly impressed with vapor production, though it is acceptable. The BIG problem I have with it, is the really hard draw. No matter what cart filler, I have to suck like crazy on the thing. Like trying to suck a milkshake through a coffee stirrer straw.

I still love my 901 but it's been moved to the second shelf once the Yeti took over.

Have you tried using a new atomizer? The older they are the harder the draw. When I switched to a new atomizer I remembered why I loved my 901 in the first place! Try soaking the atomizer overnight in water or cola. Then let it dry completely. If the atomizer is over a month hold it may be time to get a new one.

--Prof Daffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread