why is everyone on beating up on the 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
W. Valley/Phoenix Arizona USA
How can a new member answer that question without more information? They can't ofcourse. If you have never used a PV, your thought would be that an auto would be just like smoking. And those who are honest would not put the difference between a manual and an auto switch in those terms and just leave it at that. Just pure slanted BS that is not helpful to a non experienced member.

seems to me that firefae got the answer they were looking for from that very "slanted BS". Seems to me that YOU have no idea what this person was looking for in terms of information. YOU have the nerve to pipe off and tell people they are not honest and that there terms are wrong...MY GOD man! What is your malfunction? You have an incredible need to put down at least 1 person in every ******* thread you go to and I find you probably the least informative person I have run into on this forum. YOU could use a lesson in tactfulness cause after reading some of the nasty crap that comes out of your head, I wouldnt take any of your advice and I wouldnt care if you invented these damn things. I wouldnt just because your annoying and Im sure that Im not the only person who feels that way...OR IS THAT WRONG TOO?????

Last edited by a moderator:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
seems to me that firefae got the answer they were looking for from that very "slanted BS". Seems to me that YOU have no idea what this person was looking for in terms of information. YOU have the nerve to pipe off and tell people they are not honest and that there terms are wrong...MY GOD man! What is your malfunction? You have an incredible need to put down at least 1 person in every motherf*&^in thread you go to and I find you probably the least informative person I have run into on this forum. YOU could use a lesson in tactfulness cause after reading some of the nasty crap that comes out of your head, I wouldnt take any of your advice and I wouldnt care if you invented these damn things. I wouldnt just because your annoying and Im sure that Im not the only person who feels that way...OR IS THAT WRONG TOO?????

Your avatar, use of foul language and little experience with using PV's combined, speaks volumes.

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Your avatar, use of foul language and little experience with using PV's combined, speaks volumes.

Yeah, it sure does. It says that I have no tolerence for hot headed know-it-all's and pompous mouthy jerks. Im here for information and enjoyment. Which is what I get as long as your not around.

Last edited:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Please stay on topic.....

Don't participate in banter.....

If you don't like the direction of the topic then move on (there are many other interesting threads)

Don't attack other members (this includes "in defense". simply report the posting and move on)

Any further banter will be dealt with infractions &/or bans

Play nice

VapeOn

-Greg

CrazyTerrie11

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Please stay on topic.....

Don't participate in banter.....

If you don't like the direction of the topic then move on (there are many other interesting threads)

Don't attack other members (this includes "in defense". simply report the posting and move on)

Any further banter will be dealt with infractions &/or bans

Play nice

VapeOn

-Greg

sorry.....my bad

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
I started with a 510 and loved it. I bought an auto 901, and liked it a lot - really brought out the flavor in the juices. It just didn't produce enough vapor or throat hit, especially compared to the 510.

I bought manual batteries for the 901, and while it is more consistent, it still produces no where near as much vapor or throat hit as my 510. I also absolutely despise the fact that the 901 manuals have a cutoff.

The only thing I dislike about the 510 is the less flavor aspect, but Drew's HV juice from NHaler fixed that. Battery life sucks, but I couldn't care less. It takes 5 seconds to take a new battery out of my PCC.

I do still like the 901, but I'm left pretty underwhelmed every time I fire it up. Long story short, I think people beat up on the 901 because a lot of us like a ton of vapor, and the 901 just doesn't provide that...especially after using other models.

nico33

Dec 17, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I started with an M401 Dragon and that did not work out at all. As a 28 year smoker at about 1 ppd I had gone from Mboro reds to mediums to Camel/Winston lights. the 401 with medium carts made got me into a coughing fit on drag 1.

But through this forum I thankfully saw how many people had success so I gave it another try a couple months later and got a DSE 901 from the Smokeless Shop and after a couple of days experimenting I've been analog free for 10 days and actually enjoy vaping much more than I did analogs.

The reason why this is relevant here, as I'm sure some of you are wondering about, is that the 901 is great for me and I don't want to increase my vapor because I'm satisfied. Remember, even though these cigs have to be substantially better than analogs are for you, they have to be worse than using nothing, and the jury is out and will be for a long time.

So I'll stay with my 901, be careful about the ingredients in and sources of my juices, and hope for the best. I put a significant hurting on my health from analogs and I don't need to compound those issues any more than is absolutely necessary. Remember we are doing this to quit analogs not acquire another expensive and possibly dangerous habit. Good luck to all!

Quitter man

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
US
Love:wub: the 901 and that is all I been using for the past 2+ months,I use DSE905 to go along with it, and just ordered BB for more reliable device (haven't tried it yet) .
I tried rn4081 ,510,401 all collecting dust now!! :nah:except for the 510 I use it in occasions when my 901 atty get all tiered or it is time to replace ...always I end up going back to 901:thumbs:. truly the whole batt thing was driving me crazy:-x so I figured I will be saving money using some Mods like 905 or BB on the long run after all things considered but we will see few months later!!;-)

Last edited:
TNA mentioned that the 801 was a bit cooler and that got me interested. I really like tasting the flavors. (TO the OP - atomic fireball is one of my favorite 'after dinner' vapes)

Nothing personal but throat hit is a bit overrated IMO. Why seek a raw throat after a days vaping? Vaping is not smoking and one shouldn't try to duplicate it. Of course that is my opinion but this isn't math or physics and opinions should never be confused with facts. We should be supporting people's desires from what they want in a PV, not which PV wins the gold medal and can kick your favorite PV in a cagematch.

I agree with the posters about the 510 and it really is quite strong with hot vapor and volume. I don't use mine anymore at all. I used to use it in the morning but one system is good enough. THe 901 won out because of the flavor.

ThePuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Hillsboro, Ohio USA
puckecig.com
You can quit analogs with a 901. I'm not bashing but I know 4 people with 510s that cannot stop totally using analogs but not sure if it has anything to do with their choice of PV.

I do know (because I use one) that the 901 produces enough vapor to be able to stop using analogs. I've been analog free for over 6 months now. If I was still using my RN4081, there would be no way I'd have stopped.

Each has it's own way of being used. The 901 generally needs a "primer" puff then a nice long slow drag. The 510 is immediate with the manual batt.

As far as the quote above, I'm not sure why you are needing a primer puff or a slow drag. I smoke my 901 pretty much just like smoking a real analog, sometimes just taking a quick "maintenance" puff and then sometimes taking in a bunch of vapor for relaxation. You can do all of it with the 901. I have never had to do a primer puff with the 901.

One thing I think that has been discussed here and something to watch out for is to make sure if you want the best experience, make sure you are buying a true DSE901 SLB. SLB is the origianl manufacturer. SLB will be stamped on the connector of the battery and atomizer. You may need a magnifying glass to see it. I also ask any vendor I buy from if their 901 parts are SLB before making a purchase. Most are.

There are 901 knock offs out there and they do not perform as well (from what I have read). I have never had one myself since I always get true SLB 901 parts. If you are having problems, look at your atomizer and batteries and see if they are true SLB 901 parts (look for the stamped letters).

Henry ∇ George

Mar 12, 2010
Georgia
i bought a kr8 because of the long battery and cart life and flavor. i didn't want to spend every 5 seconds refilling a cart and every hour recharging a battery.

i like the taste of tobacco and unfortunately steered away from the m'boro and kamel flavors out there for some highly rated crap that tastes like someone poured a gallon of sugar in a cup of tea.

it supposedly didn't have a lot of vapor like the 501, but i find vapor production the least desired thing from smoking analogs. i actually smoke to inhale the nicotine not blow it all over the place like i'm 2 years old with a bubble blower. the kr8 produces about the same amount of smoke as the analog, which is very little when i exhale.

the "throat hit" so raved about the kr8, whatever that is, is causing pain in my throat to where i can't tell the difference between any of the flavors. i'm having to go back to analog when i can tolerate the pain and drip nicotine on my tongue, and take pain killers.

so now, i figured i probably should get the 901 cart and atomizer and put use it on my kr8 autos. i'll probably get some kr8 manuals and 901 manuals to see which one i actually like better because i hate have to suck hard on a noisey, piece of chinese crap with burned poly-fill fiber and vacuum switch that dies after 1 day of use.

but see, i rationalized that i didn't want it going off in my pocket because i know i wouldn't want to use a cigarette case to put it. i would put it in my pocket. and i also rationalized that i didn't want the act of smoking to be like some junkie hitting a .... and tweaking his gear and equipment all day. i figured the same people promoting the most important thing to vaping is having big fluffy clouds and lots of fruit-flavored sugar were the same people promoting manuals and the 501.

and it all comes down to burning poly-fill and throat-drying pg and is why you're modding your carts with blue foam and lipton pyramid teabags. and is probably why the fda is going to ban all of this crap made from china. it is nothing but TOYS for people who don't actually inhale and who are trying to sell their over-priced sugar.

but now my effort to "save money" by switching to digital is costing me about 10x what i spend on analogs.

Henry ∇ George

Mar 12, 2010
Georgia
in other words, i wasted $200 and countless hours on a product that doesn't work and is why only the chinese make it and shysters sell it. any good review is probably someone who poured thousands of dollars and hours into it to come up with something that works or someone making money repackaging the chinese crap. they are all sold out of cartomizers, carts, and sample flavors. they all have to be modified to be usable from blucigs to the 510 bubble blower to the muffler which holds two super-sized batters to blow even bigger bubbles.

it needs to be banned until someone actually makes something that works out of the box without a bunch of misleading information.

alter.ego

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
wow, yeah, um, here is my experiance... I saw a smoking everywhere stand in a local mall... got the sales pitch, liked the product alright, it seemed decent... but after hearing the price tag, and realizing that it was just a battery and a heating coil with some juice dripping on it, knew that i could prob get it for about a third of the price. so i decided to do a little research... came hear, read the primers in the library, found people preaching their opinion as gospel, and found the few people that knew what they were talking bout. I determined what my preferences were, knowing full whell that one size fits all solutions are usually a one size fits none perfectly. i chose the 901 because flavor is slightly more importnt than vapor production and throat hit is minimal. it can bee used with a variety of devices, such as the KR8 line, and i cn modify my habits for throat hit and such... direct lung inhale for throat hit, and mouth inhale, no lung exhale for vapor playing. call me a child if you want, but all work and no play makes johnny a dull boy.

just my $.02, Your Milage May Varry

don't feed the troll guys, once he gets hungry he will go back to antagonizing furries or 4channers or whatever it is that he does best. PV's are a baby industry so for sure there's gonna be some birthing pains. I have been vaping for TWO MONTHS and still am using my original 510 batts and attys that came with my cignot kit, and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. i get CLOUDS every time and have not even cleaned my attys very much if at all yet besides a few dry burns when i was getting the hang of things. The only mod i have done is removing the wick and the bridge.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Maybe you should check out some of the reviews on this forum and try something else.

We all have tried products that werent for us, then tried something else and liked it.

Please don't condemn the whole product for one specific brand that didnt suit your needs.

Lots of people here have had wonderful benefits from these products..including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread