Why is the new AFS tank smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Im just curious as to why the new AFS tank is going to be 4 ml instead of 6?

I get it if it is a functional change or if the design change made room for the collector tank being added to collect any leaked liquid, Im just curious as to the specific reasons for this change. I hope it wasnt changed just because someone complained the unit was too big... 2 ml wouldnt decrease the size by anything notable but is enough of a reduction in liquid quantity that I could see people who vape heavily having to carry around liquid with them (which would defeat the purpose of this mod for me in the first place).

Personally, I vape around 2-3 mls a day (if even that much) so this won't be an issue for me unless the AFS ends up using more liquid than my current dripping methods.

I am also curious, can I use 510 atties with this? I read Clyde's post about the prototype and I am hoping that not only will it work with 510's as well as 901s but also that they dont have to be custom made.

So, quick summary:

1. Why was the AFS tank reduced from 6 to 4 ml?
2. Will I be able to use 510 atties with the new AFS or will it be limited to 901's?
3. Will the atties have to be custom made or modified in some way to work with the new AFS?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Im just curious as to why the new AFS tank is going to be 4 ml instead of 6?

I get it if it is a functional change or if the design change made room for the collector tank being added to collect any leaked liquid, Im just curious as to the specific reasons for this change. I hope it wasnt changed just because someone complained the unit was too big... 2 ml wouldnt decrease the size by anything notable but is enough of a reduction in liquid quantity that I could see people who vape heavily having to carry around liquid with them (which would defeat the purpose of this mod for me in the first place).

Personally, I vape around 2-3 mls a day (if even that much) so this won't be an issue for me unless the AFS ends up using more liquid than my current dripping methods.

I am also curious, can I use 510 atties with this? I read Clyde's post about the prototype and I am hoping that not only will it work with 510's as well as 901s but also that they dont have to be custom made.

So, quick summary:

1. Why was the AFS tank reduced from 6 to 4 ml?
2. Will I be able to use 510 atties with the new AFS or will it be limited to 901's?
3. Will the atties have to be custom made or modified in some way to work with the new AFS?

1. Who said that the new tank is smaller buddy? The liquid collector tank is smaller, not the tank that feeds the atomizer.

2. You need an adapter for 510. Its not ready yet but you can use a regular China adapter for this issue

3. Not at all

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
I could have sworn clyde said the tank was smaller and that it only worked with a 901 atty...

Mustve been just the prototype he was looking at prehaps?

By the way, I was looking at the vid review of the GGTS done by the uk guy who blows smoke rings...dunno what his name is but first off, damn those are some of the finest smoke rings I have ever seen...

...Hot diggity dog!! I can't finish my post!! I just had an awesome idea I have to go get to...

*scurries off to a dark corner to eat cheese*

mmm....cheesy...

(still waiting on the vid of the GGTS deep frying a potato) ;)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I could have sworn clyde said the tank was smaller and that it only worked with a 901 atty...

Mustve been just the prototype he was looking at prehaps?

By the way, I was looking at the vid review of the GGTS done by the uk guy who blows smoke rings...dunno what his name is but first off, damn those are some of the finest smoke rings I have ever seen...

...Hot diggity dog!! I can't finish my post!! I just had an awesome idea I have to go get to...

*scurries off to a dark corner to eat cheese*

mmm....cheesy...

(still waiting on the vid of the GGTS deep frying a potato) ;)

I said the collection tank on the actual production version, yet to be released, will be smaller. 12mm smaller, according to imeo.

So far, it uses 901 attys (both gg specific ones made for the avs especially and generic 901s as well). It also uses KR808D-1 cartos, which have the same threading as the 901, but these must be modded a bit by the user by removing any covering and glue and placing a hole in the side of them.

Other users have reported using 501 attys and cartos on the mod by using 901 to 510 adapters. A little sanding, either on the brass base piece of the v2 'AM' or on the inside of the 901 to 510 adapter, may be required. Imeo has stated that he intends to make and sell pieces for the v2 and the AFS that will allow a choice of other attys and cartos out of the box with no further modding by the user required.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Man, I think 6ml is enough ... I'm already at 2.5days of vaping for a 6ml ... By then I usually get tired of the flavor and want a change...
Just imagine if the new avs was kept at 12ml ... Man, that would keep me from changing flavors for almost a week...

HEHEHEHEHE You just wait, once you get that thing going and mastered you will notice that juice bottle empty more often than not. It is just so much more convenient to vape without dripping or messing with carts. Pick the thing up and hit it non stop. The juice just gets vaporized so efficiently and quickly. I was about at that same 3ml a day but now I can easily vape two tanks.... with some dripping of other flavors I can't fill up an afs with here and there throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread