Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
What's so wrong with Win8?

Structurally it performs better and visually it's the same thing.
Aside from the start menu, which i never used in Win7 anyways...

What's the problem?
:?:

Really too complicated to stick into a post. But basically they had an idea for a clever new OS, but they went halfway and stopped, so you have neither the new system, nor the old one, but some mismatched hybrid that doesn't work smoothly at all.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Really too complicated to stick into a post. But basically they had an idea for a clever new OS, but they went halfway and stopped, so you have neither the new system, nor the old one, but some mismatched hybrid that doesn't work smoothly at all.
i hate win8, but i have to admit i played with my bosses tablet the other day and in that ecosystem it works great. they way it functions makes sense there, but for a desktop it needs some tweaks. thye should ahve a setting somewhere for touch based or non touch based systems and switch the interface accordingly.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA

I have an ultrabook with a touchscreen and it works merely ok with the windows store (Modern) apps, but it doesn't play nice at all with any other applications where you use the "traditional desktop." It really is like you are dealing with 2 different gui's in the same computer. Somehow I've ended up with 2 copies of Chrome on my computer one for the "Modern" interface and one for the "Desktop" interface. This is one of the reasons I say it is confusing.

Perhaps Windows RT on a tablet is better where you can't run anything but the Modern apps.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Please, please, don't let anyone
twirlingchair1.gif
put a touch screen on a mod.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
There is nothing about the Provari that justifies the admission price.
It has a wonderful fit and finish, but it is a metal battery tube .
Some people like expensive things and will pay more for the fashionable apex.
And that's cool by me.
Affliction and Ed Hardy made tons selling $200 t shirts, so there is a market.
Can't blame em for trying.

The Provari is nice but it IMHO I haven't seen anything that justifies twice the cost of an evic posted from anyone.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And that's cool by me.

The Provari is nice but it IMHO I haven't seen anything that justifies twice the cost of an evic posted from anyone.

I won't go into why I think the Provari is worth it's $160, its late and I'm tired. If you are happy with your Evic, good for you. I'm happy with my Provari, good for me. If you don't feel like the Provari is worth $160, no one is holding a gun to your head to buy one.

All I'll say is the Provari attracts a certain customer base. They want a dependable, reliable, consistant, predictable, and durable mod that works every time. They also have peace of mind that in the unlikely event their Provari should need service, Provape will repair it and have it back to them within one week. Try that with your Evic once the warranty runs out. I'm outta here...good night.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
And that's cool by me.

If you had one, you would understand.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
And that's cool by me.

That is a pretty comical premise. Look, the eVic is a nice mod. I owned one and loved it till I got my Provari. The eVic just is not accurate, particularly when the battery gets below 50% capacity and you are asking for a voltage that is greater than the remaining battery voltage. There are numerous videos on YouTube demonstrating the eVics inaccurate output. The ProVari delivers voltage within 1/2% of what you are asking from the first press of the button to the last one on every battery, every time.

Also, it is fragile, which would not be so bad, except you drop 100 dollars on the mod, and when it breaks there is no one to service it. Contrast that to the ProVari's service, which is clearly the best in the industry.

All you get with the ProVari is great looks, gold standard build quality, simple interface, unrivaled accuracy of output voltage, a sterling warranty, and service that means you have a mod that will last for many, many years. That is what justifies the cost of $160 dollars for the mod. I would pay more for it.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
And that's cool by me.

I suggest if one has this view they have not read this entire thread. The provari is not "just" a luxury device.

There are other very expensive metal tubes for sale that I might agree with you on, but not this device. And several of those sell for a much higher pricetag.

I enjoy my Evic, despite some of it's stated flaws. But, it will need to be replaced soon.

This is not a debate on what one decides is a good purchase for them and what they want in a mod. To say it isn't worth it, is only the poster's uneducated view or personal interests. Not everyone wants or needs a device that will only be reliable for a few weeks to perhaps a year. If one wants disposable mods and satisfied with the performance, go for it. If one wants the best in it's class for performance, reliability, ruggedness etc. etc. -- save up for a provari.

I like having both.

Last edited:

sakis7

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Athens Greece
Why all the comparisons of ProVari to Evic? I just got done reading the user manual to the ProVari. What the heck is so special about it that it costs twice as much as the Evic or Vape-Pro????

- no variable wattage like the Evic & Vape-Pro
- minimal settings in comparison to both aforementioned devices
- two digit "alarm clock" interface... at least the Vape-Pro shows 3 digits... and the Evic has a full on readable display!
- NO PC MODE (I thought it had one like the Evic does?)

I know the rants about how sturdy it is, but I really find it hard to believe that it's any more sturdy than the Vape-Pro is... and the Vape-Pro is about $100 retail, less if you catch it on sale.

With no human readable display, minimal options in the settings, no ability change watts instead of volts, and no PC tricks like the Evic's MVR software... WHY THE HECK IS THIS DEVICE SO EXPENSIVE???? :glare:

Don't give me the "made in USA" excuse because the Vape-Pro is made in the USA also. The Vape-Pro already is marked up due to it's USA manufacturing, which can be seen when it is compared to the Evic in that it isn't nearly as advanced but still costs around the same as the Evic.

From now on, when I see someone in this forum asking if the ProVari is worth the $$$, I'm just going to tell them straight up to grab a Vape-Pro instead and save some money AND gain some more features without compromising sturdy construction.

Unless someone here knows some good reasons why the ProVari's price is so high.... ???
Its very simple ......Provari will last for ever!!
Evic Oh no you might change every month the electronic head .You can't trust it.
Got both and Provari is value for money!!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
xjonquilx said:
Why all the comparisons of ProVari to Evic? I just got done reading the user manual to the ProVari. What the heck is so special about it that it costs twice as much as the Evic or Vape-Pro????[/B]

- no variable wattage like the Evic & Vape-Pro
- minimal settings in comparison to both aforementioned devices
- two digit "alarm clock" interface... at least the Vape-Pro shows 3 digits... and the Evic has a full on readable display!
- NO PC MODE (I thought it had one like the Evic does?)

I know the rants about how sturdy it is, but I really find it hard to believe that it's any more sturdy than the Vape-Pro is... and the Vape-Pro is about $100 retail, less if you catch it on sale.

With no human readable display, minimal options in the settings, no ability change watts instead of volts, and no PC tricks like the Evic's MVR software... WHY THE HECK IS THIS DEVICE SO EXPENSIVE????

Don't give me the "made in USA" excuse because the Vape-Pro is made in the USA also. The Vape-Pro already is marked up due to it's USA manufacturing, which can be seen when it is compared to the Evic in that it isn't nearly as advanced but still costs around the same as the Evic.

From now on, when I see someone in this forum asking if the ProVari is worth the $$$, I'm just going to tell them straight up to grab a Vape-Pro instead and save some money AND gain some more features without compromising sturdy construction.

Unless someone here knows some good reasons why the ProVari's price is so high.... ???

You have to pay more for higher quality. Construction workers do not buy or use cheap tools. They depend upon higher quality tools to be safer to use and they last much longer. They pay considerably more for those tools. This is how a Provari is built; it is built to last and is one of the safest-built APVs made today. EVERY component used in the Provari is chosen as the best quality and most durable component that Provape can find. Much of the components are designed and made in house or are US made, because the quality of Chinese components literally suck.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

http://content.spinfuel.com/the-provape-team-interview/

Vape Pro? A little investation reveals the following:

New Vape-Pro Display Already Failing
Vape Pro Display, gone cloudy?
Vape pro changing settings on its own?
Vape Pro Spurious Error Message
Button sticking?
___________________________​

The Provari LED display that you were complaining of being such poor quality just happens to be the best and most durable display that Provape can find to use. OLED displays are not immune to liquid; including water, e-liquid, or alcohol. Provape recommends routine isopropyl alcohol baths for the Provari, which would render an OLED useless in no time. Provaris have survived swimming pools, a full cycle in a washing machine, and being lost in a river for 24 hours and lived to function perfectly when allowed to dry out. Try that with your Vape Pro or Evic.

Not every one wants or needs variable wattage. It's just another way to get to the same place. You may have it and like it - good for you. But I've read of countless customers who bought a VW PV specifically for VW and found that they no longer use it, because they found that they still need to make adjustments. So what's the point?

Provape makes the Provari a simple & basic yet dependable & practical APV. They do not include "bells & whistles" features that do nothing to improve the the vaping experience. Puff counters, being able to view vaping habits on a computer, a "pretty" yet fragile OLED display, a 3-button control board, etc do little to contribute to a better vaping experience. General improvements in the inner electronics and overall build quality would be a better route for China to use, but they have yet to go that way. Their business motto might as well be, "We make cheap, you buy cheap; it break you buy another."

People who purchase a Provari know exactly what they will get. A dependable, predictable, consistant, reliable, durable, and repairable device which promises to do what it is supposed to do every time. The security in knowing that in the unlikely event that a Provari should need repair and that it will be returned within a weeks time good as new is an undeniable bonus.

These factors may not play into your choice of a APV, and may not be worth the extra money. Fine, enjoy your Evic or Vape Pro. But don't question the wise decision of those who choose a Provari for themselves. Until you have held one, vaped one, and owned one, you can never understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread