Why shouldn't the FDA interfere?

What requirements should the FDA put on e-liquid?

• Childproof caps

• Prominent poison warnings on label

• Ingredient listings on label

• 3rd party analysis results available

• Batch testing performed and certified

• Restriction of sale to minors

• Expiration date on label

• Manufacturer listed on label

• pH level listed on label

• Nicotine concentration in standardized format [mg/ml] listed on label

• Safety pamphlet in box (dosing, interaction, OD treatment info)

• None at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
Advice on safe dose and toxicity
How to calculate dose
Emergency procedure in case of overdose
Other drugs which react with eliquid
Who should not use it
Possible side effects
Storage instructions

This almost sounds like the pamphlet included in the box of every other drug these days.

How should this be incorporated into the poll? Safety information pamphlet
included in packaging?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This almost sounds like the pamphlet included in the box of every other drug these days.

How should this be incorporated into the poll? Safety information pamphlet
included in packaging?

Bellinghamster--you just stated "This almost sounds like the pamphlet included in the box of every other drug these days"--Those pamphelts are in their to cover the manufactures and Suppliers Butts and are well worth it--you have a duty to warn, disclose, and secure the saftey of the consumer--with drugs it is the highest of standards---something to think about as a pamphlet is the way to go--even the E-Cig itself devotes most if its owner manuel to really one big warning label---Sun

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I've got links to the Wicked box templates now if anyone wants to see what's expected by UK authorities -

http://laurenstephens.net/uploads/f7fb559344.pdf

http://laurenstephens.net/uploads/732c979ac2.pdf

Then there's the bottle with childproof cap, tactile label and chip label.

I think I saw somewhere that there was also a leaflet contained in the box.

I'll try to get a copy of the leaflet, or if someone has one maybe they could tell us what's on it. I imagine it will be like the disclaimer, emergency advice, warning signs, etc that comes with medicines.

Last edited:
Just got some JC in with the new label. There is a warning "This product contains nicotine, which is known to be addictive and potentially harmful to your health. Please be aware of the rishs associated with nicotine use before using this product." Child proof cap with plastic safety seal. Flavor, nic strength and PG or Non-PG are hand marked, ingredients show PG (in PG formula), food grade vegetable glycerin (in non-PG formula), natural and artificial flavors, tobacco essential oil (Virginia), tobacco absolute (Burley), citric acid, lemon (<1%), vinegar (<1%), distilled water.

I know you were talking about TW, but I haven't seen a post on JC's new label.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Just got some JC in with the new label. There is a warning "This product contains nicotine, which is known to be addictive and potentially harmful to your health. Please be aware of the rishs associated with nicotine use before using this product." Child proof cap with plastic safety seal. Flavor, nic strength and PG or Non-PG are hand marked, ingredients show PG (in PG formula), food grade vegetable glycerin (in non-PG formula), natural and artificial flavors, tobacco essential oil (Virginia), tobacco absolute (Burley), citric acid, lemon (<1%), vinegar (<1%), distilled water.

I know you were talking about TW, but I haven't seen a post on JC's new label.

Kam--JC labeling---See http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...n-creek-now-listing-ingredients-bottle-5.html

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I have a feeling that Wicked now comes in a child resistant bottle with info on the label plus the bottle is now in a box with a leaflet.

Does anyone have any recent Wicked eliquid, could you tell us what the packaging is like?

I actually received my bottle today.

When first opening, there is a child-proof cap. There is also a plug within the top of the bottle that you need to remove when you place the dropper in. The dropper is still not child proof. The label on the bottle lists the ingredients and approximate percentage of each ingredient (ie: >65% Propylene Glycol, <20% Glycerol...etc.)

There is a pamphlet that gives troubleshooting and storage suggestions of devices. There is an "Advice" section which has a listing of just about all the conceivable dangers of the liquid. (Avoid skin contact, toxic by inhalation, irritating to eyes and skin....etc.)

Then there is a warning section in red with the big dangers.

And, a "Manufactured in China under authority of Pillbox 38" notice along with their address, phone, and website.

So, very informative. Not on the bottle, but definitely on a pamphlet that comes within the kit.

I bought Tobacco, 36mg.

Oh yea, the universal skull and crossbones poison symbol is also on the bottle.

I would say very good job by Wicked...I may just change to them. So far, taste is good. :)

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Do you think that for the typical uninformed consumer that packaging gives all the essential information Dis?

If they read it, hell ya. It's a lot of good information. Although I do worry that it may scare the hell out of some people.

But that's okay....Aspirin can cause tons of problems as well and they list them with their product. It's fair and informative. (No marketing claims.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread