Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Pods are the Future ..

MV5BYWNlNGI3ZWUtYjYzOC00YzI5LTg1YWItYWI3ZGI2Zjg2ZTJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_-1024x687.jpg

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
My current pods setup is rpm40 + fetch + 4 rba + 1 extra cartridge it ..... If I travel, I setup all 4 rba with cotton ready, refill and swap if any coil go wrong .......
OK, we'll give 'er the old college try. I just ordered the RPM40 as I like the form factor better than the Fetch. Didn't get any of the other stuff yet, I want to try it first. Thanks.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
-> laziness
i am honest here. I am tired of rebuilding and hunting for something which does not make my life better.
Reduced it to the bottom. Habit and Nicotine and exceptable flavour.

Plus these things are lightweight, small, reliable and do a very good job.

About flavour here i could get some more back as i raised to 20% and use 50/50 freebase with 9 mg nicotine.
Pricewise... ok you throw pods away. More if you use sweet liquids compared to clear ones.
it did stop my "never done" desire and so saved money to be spent somewhere else.

Pod Batteries are cheap and pods even cheaper on the asian markets.
I do run 3 Caliburn setups and change pods latest every 2 weeks.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
-> laziness
i am honest here. I am tired of rebuilding and hunting for something which does not make my life better.
Reduced it to the bottom. Habit and Nicotine and exceptable flavour.

Plus these things are lightweight, small, reliable and do a very good job.

About flavour here i could get some more back as i raised to 20% and use 50/50 freebase with 9 mg nicotine.
Pricewise... ok you throw pods away. More if you use sweet liquids compared to clear ones.
it did stop my "never done" desire and so saved money to be spent somewhere else.

Pod Batteries are cheap and pods even cheaper on the asian markets.
I do run 3 Caliburn setups and change pods latest every 2 weeks.
u sure ur saving go others stuff or other vapes related product :p

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
For the first time I finally got a couple of cheap pods. Here where I live, our president gave the order to arrest people vaping and our gear gets confiscated so I carry those when I am out and if I get unlucky, they will confiscate the cheap stuff. Otherwise I still prefer a a mod and RDA.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
My take on pods:
Great for newbies in that they are simple to use, which is a great starting point for them. In general they don't want to messing with Tanks, Coils, Wattage, Voltage, Batteries, Squonking etc. They want to plug the pod and go. If it gets them away from smoking that's all that matters.

For me I love them for using in the car, at work, when I want a stealthy vape. Plus I love collecting them ( I know, I know Shinyitis), I also use them for trying new juices, when I can't be bothered to rebuild. They really do have their place. I say the more the better, Georgia Girl would probably disagree :rolleyes:

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I just like the convenience and form factor for a smoking replacement. I vape unflavored so flavor is no issue for me. I use the minifit daily and they are so small, I just carry 2 and keep one on charge. They last me about 4 to 5 hours per charge. Just really nice to have something very small and very light, plus they just work. Cheap to replace the kit if need be, usually 15 bucks or less.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Three situations for me.
Home, I use usually a rebuildable RTA, or an Innokin Zlide. I like pods, but still don't think they have the same flavor or vapor production.
In the car or running around town, I'll pop into my pocket an Orion and an Innokin Zbiip. They're small.
When I travel to a place where I have a bit of room, I'll take the Innokin Zlide and the same pod mods. The Zlide for inside, the pods for outside.
Simple reason as mentioned above, I don't want to pack coil building stuff.
Plus, the Innokin mods both use the same coils. So, I can have a big mod and a pod using the same coils with quite decent flavor. Makes travel easy.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I just picked up a couple of Uwell Yearn's for $3.99 each at myvaporstore.com bought some pre-filled pods. We are going on a trip to England next year and thought they might come in handy for as soon as we get off the plane and out of the Airport. I have to say that Fuji Apple is the best thing I've tried in any pod system pre-filled or not. The Iced Mint is not bad either just wish they weren't 50mg :ohmy: Gotta tell you that I've been using these the last 3 days and maybe forced to buy another couple :)

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've used a couple pods, but was unimpressed. For me the flavor was too weak, the vapor was too thin, and keeping it going costs substantially more than my regular rebuildable gear. I never found it to be much hassle to wrap an extra coil, pre cut the legs to fit in my RDA, and pack the coil with a small screwdriver and a small strip of rayon. And weight isn't much of an issue for me since I use a vape holster, and have pounds of other gear that goes on my belt so the weight of the mod is negligible at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread