Why use a Pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I've used a couple pods, but was unimpressed. For me the flavor was too weak, the vapor was too thin, and keeping it going costs substantially more than my regular rebuildable gear. I never found it to be much hassle to wrap an extra coil, pre cut the legs to fit in my rda, and pack the coil with a small screwdriver and a small strip of rayon. And weight isn't much of an issue for me since I use a vape holster, and have pounds of other gear that goes on my belt so the weight of the mod is negligible at best.
I gotta agree with you on flavor in the past but the devices they've been coming out with lately are much better. Honestly that Fuji Apple with the Yearn is terrific flavor. Also there are more and more coming out now with rebuildables available the Boost and the Vinci X are two of the latest (Boost RBA not available yet) so means I gotta buy more.................don't tell anyone :eek:

Reactions: stols001

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I gotta agree with you on flavor in the past but the devices they've been coming out with lately are much better. Honestly that Fuji Apple with the Yearn is terrific flavor. Also there are more and more coming out now with rebuildables available the Boost and the Vinci X are two of the latest (Boost RBA not available yet) so means I gotta buy more.................don't tell anyone :eek:
there is vinci n vinci X 510 adapter here .... so u can have proper mod.
v310.png

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I only use one of my DIY flavors 90% of the time. A Strawberry Custard based juice, and I don't use anything anymore that I don't make myself. I also vape mechs at 0.14-0.25 ohms most of the time as of recently, so 70w and up, on mostly single coil flavor bangers. While pods have gotten better with flavor, they still are not in the same league as some RDAs like the GR1, Venna, or KRMA.

I'm one of those people that vape for flavor and hand to mouth habit, and not for nicotine cravings (I have not really had any cravings for nicotine for probably over a year now) so that plays a major role in my decisions. I also tend to chain vape off and on through the day, and pod batteries can't hold up with that. On a normal day, I just toss a small mech squonker with a fresh battery and full bottle on my belt, and I'm good. Long trips, I just take a couple extra charged batteries in a case and a bottle of juice. I also have a small bag with an extra coil, some rayon, an Allen key and small eyeglasses repair screwdriver in my wallet at all times (coil fits around the screwdriver to keep it from being crushed).

For some a pod is perfect, but for people like me pods are not ideal. They just don't give me the quality of vape I can be satisfied with. If they ever make one with rebuildable coils, offers 70w or more, have battery life that rivals an 18650, and doesn't require disposable proprietary parts I would gladly try them again. But until then, mech squonks fill all of my needs fully.

(I just wanted to post this to offer another point of view since most who posted here are pod users)

Daniel R Martin

Dec 11, 2019
Honestly I am a construction worker. Elevator mechanic so needed something small and easy. I tried to quit smoking years ago but broke a couple pen devices in pocket so gave it up. Plus I didnt know about coils ect. So when I tried to quit this time I got a juul and it was so easy, plus salt nice gave me what freebase was missing years ago. It was so easy to keep in my pocket. It was safe and could sneak it here and there. Then moved to caliburn till I got to the vinci. Now I know a little more. I make my juice and cant wait for the rba. The device is still tiny so i can keep in my pocket, no glass' less smoke, i love it. When i get home i can enjoy and if I want to chain vape and blow clouds I can also. To me it is the best of both worlds. Analog free from 3 to 3.5 packs a day. Hell i got up 4 times a night for smokes. Everyone said i would never quit. I tried twice with pen devices and couldn't get high enough mg and couldn't keep devices safe at work. But now I am more than satisfied. I want the boost now, also the vinci x with 510 adapter to put on a mtl tank when I get home from work

I know this is maybe a dumb question, anyway following recent UT vids, pods and AIO systems have become popular and being a MTL RBA type of vaper I am not sure what the attractions are, size, convenience, cost or taste? Why would someone change or prefer this system over a mod and atty?

Daniel R Martin

Dec 11, 2019
Vinci x is 70 w has an 18650 removable battery and rba. Also a 510 adapter for tanks. Awesome device. I have the vinci waiting for rba now

I only use one of my DIY flavors 90% of the time. A Strawberry Custard based juice, and I don't use anything anymore that I don't make myself. I also vape mechs at 0.14-0.25 ohms most of the time as of recently, so 70w and up, on mostly single coil flavor bangers. While pods have gotten better with flavor, they still are not in the same league as some RDAs like the GR1, Venna, or KRMA.

I'm one of those people that vape for flavor and hand to mouth habit, and not for nicotine cravings (I have not really had any cravings for nicotine for probably over a year now) so that plays a major role in my decisions. I also tend to chain vape off and on through the day, and pod batteries can't hold up with that. On a normal day, I just toss a small mech squonker with a fresh battery and full bottle on my belt, and I'm good. Long trips, I just take a couple extra charged batteries in a case and a bottle of juice. I also have a small bag with an extra coil, some rayon, an Allen key and small eyeglasses repair screwdriver in my wallet at all times (coil fits around the screwdriver to keep it from being crushed).

For some a pod is perfect, but for people like me pods are not ideal. They just don't give me the quality of vape I can be satisfied with. If they ever make one with rebuildable coils, offers 70w or more, have battery life that rivals an 18650, and doesn't require disposable proprietary parts I would gladly try them again. But until then, mech squonks fill all of my needs fully.

(I just wanted to post this to offer another point of view since most who posted here are pod users)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I have to agree.

I've been travelling a lot lately and I picked up a small pod system at a convenience store just so I could have one in my pocket. It works... ok. I'm not really MTL, but it does stave off the cravings. I still carry a regular mod around for sitting in the hotel room, etc. I don't like buying their cartridges, and would prefer to make my own juice anyway. I suppose I could live with prefab coils, if I had to, although I like building my coils as well.

So, pod users, which one am I looking for?

I like all the vapes, so the main reason for including a pod in my rotation was variety. The stealthy and pocket friendly aspects are good too, it's not always practical to carry a house brick in your pocket.

@suprtrkr this is what I have and I find it to be quite excellent with a 60/40 24mg DIY strawberry
VooPoo FIND S Trio Review

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I like all the vapes, so the main reason for including a pod in my rotation was variety. The stealthy and pocket friendly aspects are good too, it's not always practical to carry a house brick in your pocket.

@suprtrkr this is what I have and I find it to be quite excellent with a 60/40 24mg DIY strawberry
VooPoo FIND S Trio Review
Thanks, Sonic. I am liking the RPM40, but I'll look at this one too.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Pods work for me because when I started vaping and quit smoking, there WAS no VV yet.........the joyetech twist was JUSt coming out. :)

So I never really got into the high voltage vape stuff, I mean, I had a provari and a reo but I used "little stuff" on them. And I *hated* anything with readouts. Just never liked it.

I still cannot "take" a lot of flavor or vapor going down my windpipe w/out coughing. Even the Nord 1.0 coil is a bit "hot" for me.

Also, many people work more than 1 job or are very involved with extra curricular activiies or volunteerism after work....owning sometning like a juul which is expensive way to vape.....is sort of like people who go to Starbucks for coffee because they are rarely HOME.........it's all about convenience for many people........so as long as they are off the cigs,why not.

Most people who quit smoking are not "hobbyists" like what you find on vape forums.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Haven't been following this thread (not really into pods) but to my surprise I made an order with a new website and there was a pod included (free) so I tried it. Not bad actually (it's a copy of Suorin Drop) I even ordered another one and some extra pods (dirt cheap) I use it when shopping and working on cars and stuff (when I don't want to risk my good mods/tanks) So... if anyone wants to try this "dirt cheap" and extra pods "insanely cheap"... here's the website (they also have crazy good deals on juice)
LINCIG HYPNOS ULTRA PORTABLE POD SYSTEM
and extra pods:
Lincig HYPNOS Replacement Pods - 2 Pack

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Haven't been following this thread (not really into pods) but to my surprise I made an order with a new website and there was a pod included (free) so I tried it. Not bad actually (it's a copy of Suorin Drop) I even ordered another one and some extra pods (dirt cheap) I use it when shopping and working on cars and stuff (when I don't want to risk my good mods/tanks) So... if anyone wants to try this "dirt cheap" and extra pods "insanely cheap"... here's the website (they also have crazy good deals on juice)
LINCIG HYPNOS ULTRA PORTABLE POD SYSTEM
and extra pods:
Lincig HYPNOS Replacement Pods - 2 Pack
Yeah, a lot of bigger rig users seem to get a pod for stealth, out & about. These days. I've just always hated carrying a big setup. And I consider any single 18650 as big. I've tried probably 15 or so different pods, but the best I've found is the Vladdin RE.

Never had a dud pod, draw activation works perfectly, no leaks, minimal condensation buildup under the pod,and delivers a serious hit. Not quite like my True or Precisio, but exponentially better than say, a Juul. But the thing that makes me keep using it (being a tightwad) is that even using NET, I can refill these 4-5 times, so it's really economical too, for a pod. I've been using the same battery since April, and it's holding up great - no noticeable dropoff in performance.
upload_2020-1-18_13-22-3.png
upload_2020-1-18_13-22-40.png

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
20200118_115236.jpg
I need to get another pod setup. I am using this for now. Idon't mind flavor for salts. I use menthol so I don't need it to be too intense. I like the satisfaction I get from pods and salts also the convenience. I like this setup but I would like more convenience and also don't want my nice mods to get too beat up.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Pods are great. I learned to recoil and fill the Vype epods. Keep them in my belt case with my cell phone. On service calls my mod stays in the truck. I used to always take 2 mods with me but because of the pods I only take one mod and tank with me. Pods certainly have their place and time. They are my stealth vapes also. CHEERS!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I know this is maybe a dumb question, anyway following recent UT vids, pods and AIO systems have become popular and being a MTL RBA type of vaper I am not sure what the attractions are, size, convenience, cost or taste? Why would someone change or prefer this system over a mod and atty?

Nothing new under the sun. Pod systems are basically egos and cigalikes with better batteries, proprietary connections and the ability to more safely vape at lower ohms than a ciglike/ego.

They're also made to look stylish and flashy and not so much like a cigarette or cigar (although some kinda do). In fact, most look like Happy Meal toys. I'm not saying this is not a coincidence, but...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread