Why use a Pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I can't comment on the smaller pods, but I have just worked with Aspire's Mulus for week - which depending on how you define it could either be said to be a poor man's Billet Box or some sort of Pod System.

It has refillable pods and can take Nautilus Mini coils - I've just posted a review on it but in summary the vape is like that from a Nautilus Mini only slightly warmer as the pod/tank is enclosed, coil life and performance so far is again very similar to that of a Nauti Mini.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The product has to benefit the end user. Some are willing to trade off say battery life for size, or convenience for cost. It may not be all about getting the absolute best flavour or vapor production, but enough satisfaction out of the product to keep you off cigarettes.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
My travel kit now
IMG_20190425_212545.jpg

Vs mod, atty, coil, wire, coil jah,c cutter, scissor, charger, battery n ...... Imagine pls

Mophie

Multiple ID Suspension
Nov 28, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Mophie

Multiple ID Suspension
Nov 28, 2019
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Timely thread for me, trying to work out if it has any benefits for me.
I went away for two nights, the only vape gear I took was a VV pulse x and VF Galaxy rdta.
Between the Pulse X and the rdta I had about 10ml of juice which is about 4days.
The mod uses the same charger as my phone
A couple of times while I was away and a couple of times since being back Ive wondered to my self if I could travel lighter vape wise.
LOL. Just kidding.
All my mods and rta set ups are only marginally bigger than a pod and smaller than a 50g pack of tobacco, 100 papers and filters plus lighter.
Traveling overseas next week Im taking a Zenith D22 on Pico75 with 5 coils. Its a set up not much larger than some pods.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have to agree.

I've been travelling a lot lately and I picked up a small pod system at a convenience store just so I could have one in my pocket. It works... ok. I'm not really MTL, but it does stave off the cravings. I still carry a regular mod around for sitting in the hotel room, etc. I don't like buying their cartridges, and would prefer to make my own juice anyway. I suppose I could live with prefab coils, if I had to, although I like building my coils as well.

So, pod users, which one am I looking for?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I have to agree.

I've been travelling a lot lately and I picked up a small pod system at a convenience store just so I could have one in my pocket. It works... ok. I'm not really MTL, but it does stave off the cravings. I still carry a regular mod around for sitting in the hotel room, etc. I don't like buying their cartridges, and would prefer to make my own juice anyway. I suppose I could live with prefab coils, if I had to, although I like building my coils as well.

So, pod users, which one am I looking for?

My current pods setup is rpm40 + fetch + 4 rba + 1 extra cartridge it ..... If I travel, I setup all 4 rba with cotton ready, refill and swap if any coil go wrong .......

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Makes sense, how would you compare coil life and flavor to a MTL or DL type RBA setup?

I use DIY unflavored freebase. Just PG/VG and nic. So the flavor is not a real issue for me. I go for a hit that satisfies (MTL). Just like with mods and Squonks it took a while to find what works for me. Once I found them, all was good. I’m 100% Pod now, and very satisfied.

since I use unflavored, my coils last a long time. In my Breeze nxt for example, I get 15-20 refills on the 5.5 ml pods (around 100 ml of juice)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Why use a pod?
Lots of "stealthy" reasons.

I am meeting more and more people who vape instead of smoking and most use pods. Especially at work. Portability is probably the overwhelmingly largest reason.

Often I ask pod users if they use a mod and most say "used to but not anymore". "How come?" I ask and usually get "these things are more like smoking". I respond jokingly with "bubble gum cigarettes for adults,huh?" and get "it's better than smoking" in response to that.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I like a well-rounded assortment of gear. I have a couple pods because they’re tiny and pocket friendly and cheap, so if I lose it in the park walking the dogs or drop it and run it over with the lawnmower, it’s no big deal. Plus walking or mowing etc, I don’t have a free hand to just vape as I would like. A couple puffs and I’m good, tuck that pod in my pocket and it doesn’t make my drawers droopy.

Of course battery life can’t compete with a two battery mod, or even a single, but they’re not much worse really.

Not as much flavor, and they’re mtl, and the cost of coils or pods is more than wire and cotton. It’s a trade off. I prefer my other devices better and use them most of the time, but the upkeep is time consuming and I could understand if someone just didn’t feel like fiddling with it all the time. Pretty easy to charge, fill, and be done with it.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Two days it took me to realize I wasn't addicted to nicotine. Even less to resolve I'd never again inhale anything I couldn't identify or control.

Good luck all. :)

It's not the choices I know that concern me. It's those we're not allowed.

…The hardest thing in vaping is trying to explain to folks they could have a better vape because they are so damned pleased to get what they have and frankly petrified of going backwards to what they had.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I recall the days of the ego c setup smaller battery made it shirt pocket friendly. Think the battery was a 650mah or 450 mah forget the Mrs still has them stashed somewhere if she did not throw them out.
Perhaps the pen style types will make a come back ?

I know a couple people who’d be all over those like white on rice. I still have a couple Aspire K1s with ego threading, and a friend who keeps reminding me to pass them to her when I’m ready to let them go, lol.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
when I'm out for the day at a meeting or traveling inter-state or overseas, all I take are a few pods (an Orion and a Suorin Drop mostly) Stealth is my main reason, I can vape it anywhere (I just don't exhale vapor if I'm somewhere I shouldn't be vaping) Between the 2 pods I get enough vape time until I get back home or to the hotel where I can recharge and keep vaping

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Simple, small, doesn’t look ridiculous, take anywhere, overall lower cost (some are even RBA), always have your vape handy... some of my personal reasons.
The product has to benefit the end user. Some are willing to trade off say battery life for size, or convenience for cost. It may not be all about getting the absolute best flavour or vapor production, but enough satisfaction out of the product to keep you off cigarettes.
Agree with above. There are pro's and con's to every type of device and system. Use whatever setup that suits your preference.

I use a single battery regulated mod with a factory-made coil atomizer tank for my daily driver. There are situations where I prefer using a pod setup for stealth vaping, for example while attending a full day of basketball games when I'll be indoors for most of the day. The high nic salts and minimal vapor comes in quite handy in that situation.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I started by trying one for when out and about. I liked it and then looked around my home and office and noticed it was taken over by mods and eliquid. I had bottles and mods in every room. I started buying a few pods here and there and then realized I liked them, not as flavorful but were satisfying nonetheless. I was able to keep my vape stuff in my pocket (for the most part, not so much when in my office). I was able to keep my eliquid put away as these things only need filling like once a day; most times it's like once a week as I use multiple devices. This helps as I have a 2 year old great niece who lives with me and the vape stuff is out of sight, high up in the air, so out of mind. I traded flavor for piece of mind I guess.

Fast forward to the past few months. Pods/AIO's have gotten much better. I still like my MTL but these new generation provide a decent DL vape with awesome flavor. Using the Vinci, RPM40, Ageis Boost, Grimm Kit, and Fetch mostly nowadays (have a couple Vinci X's coming to put away for later). I do have a mini Proton W/Ajax tank as well. The flavors from these pods/AIOs are on par with the Ajax tank. So I still get to keep my stuff out of sight for the most part but the flavor is freakin good now. That was the trade off from switching to pods from mods, flavor. Now I get the best of both worlds and am a happy Vicman. That said, my uncloudy home has become a little more cloudy lately due to the amount of vapor they produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread