Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Much like any public arena does(restaraunts, airports, schools, etc...)? vaping is relatively new to the public and many of the effects are not known 1st or 2nd hand. I feel right now it is important that we as "vapors" must follow the rules as written and noticed. This is very important in our reputation and the reputation and education of vaping as an alternative to tobacco use.
I used to wonder why I could not use snuff in areas that asked for no tobacco use on the grounds such as hospitals, as it only affected me. But, I followed the rules even though I didnt agree. I mainly did it out of the respect of other snuff users that were following the rules as well as for the establishment requesting.
We may not agree with the rules but it is important that we respect the rules and not sneek around doing it in the public arena in which we have been asked not to.
Following vaping rules is part of the education process, we are not special with special rights. Our job now is to educate and starting with congress, FDA and other agencies that do not understand the process.
Good Luck!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I can understand the cell phone. There is a valid reason that makes sense to me.
People aren't dogs. We don't like to be told not to do things "Just because". We like reasons that make sense.

Would reasons like…

Possible Legal Litigation
Reduced Funding
Unknown Long Term Effects of Vaping

… be reasons that a Hospital would consider “Reasonable” when considering Banning on e-Cigarettes?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Would reasons like…

Reduced Funding

… be reasons that a Hospital would consider “Reasonable” when considering Banning on e-Cigarettes?

Any excuse can be considered reasonable if you convince yourself of that fact first. Im sure ANTZ could give you a laundry list of reasons not to allow it. How much of that is truth vs B.S? Thats what were talking about here.

20 years ago, when more people were smokers,you could count on them making more educated and sympathetic decisions regarding smoking and anything that looks like smoking. Its hard to understand the addiction if youve never been there yourself.

Now, with all the hate and fear thats been mongered by groups like ANTZ, it is indeed an uphill battle fueled by hate and bias on their side mostly. What youre seeing in this thread are people who have decided they arent going to be subjected to that any more and are fighting back each in their own ways.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Any excuse can be considered reasonable if you convince yourself of that fact first. Im sure ANTZ could give you a laundry list of reasons not to allow it. How much of that is truth vs B.S? Thats what were talking about here.

Now, with all the hate and fear thats been mongered by groups like ANTZ, it is indeed an uphill battle fueled by hate and bias on their side mostly. What youre seeing in this thread are people who have decided they arent going to be subjected to that any more and are fighting back each in their own ways.

Well one thing that is Good.

We always have the ANTZ to blame when things don't go the way we want them to.

;)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Well one thing that is Good.

We always have the ANTZ to blame when things don't go the way we want them to.

;)

I resent that remark on a personal level. If youve ever read any of my posts on this forum you'd know that I advocate everyone taking personal responsibility and accountability for their own problems and issues.

That being said I also believe in giving credit where credit is due.Whose side are you actually on here?

I could have just as easily said ignorant misinformed administrators and hospital staff :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
No disrespect intended.

Just pointing out that ANTZ's can't be Blamed for all the Evils that seem to have befallen upon Vaper's.

Point taken. I think we all agree here that vaping is better for us than smoking but people seem to be polarized on the issue. Some prefer to hide it or just follow the rules while others flaunt it.

Just like most things in life, the real truth probably lies somewhere firmly in the middle of the two extremes. :)

I almost had a hospital stay myself after eating bad chicken sausage from Trader Joes last night, so sorry if Im a little cranky. I just read an article about how their food doesnt have as many preservatives and additives so its best to throw it out after the sell-by date and then I eat it any damned way.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Point taken. I think we all agree here that vaping is better for us than smoking but people seem to be polarized on the issue. Some prefer to hide it or just follow the rules while others flaunt it.

Just like most things in life, the real truth probably lies somewhere firmly in the middle of the two extremes. :)

I almost had a hospital stay myself after eating bad chicken sausage from Trader Joes last night, so sorry if Im a little cranky. I just read an article about how their food doesnt have as many preservatives and additives so its best to throw it out after the sell-by date and then I eat it any damned way.

No problem and I really Wasn't trying to attack you or put you down.

You did make a point that I do Firmly Agree with. That the Truth usually lies more toward the middle of Two Extremes.

Face it. We live in a Society where Anyone can sue Anyone for Anything. Could potential Lawsuits play a role in a Hospital's policy making decisions?

And as Kristin pointed out, there could be Funding issues at stake. I know that some Schools receive State and Federal Funds is they can demonstrate a Proactive Stance on getting students to Stop using Nicotine Products.

And then there is the Big Questions as to just how safe an e-Cigarette really is? There is a HUGE thread on this forum which says that Silica Base Wicks are a Clear and Present Danger. Yet the Overwhelming Majority of Cartos / Attys / Clearos use this type of Wick.

So what makes a Hospital decide to Ban e-Cigerettes? I Dunno. But I can think of Many Very Reasonable Factors that go into such a decision.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
BTW - Both Kristin and DC will tell you. I am just as at home debating either the "Point" or the "Counter-Point" of just about any topic.

So sometimes my Personal view can be misunderstood.

lol no problem, sorry for misunderstanding you.I try to see both views as well most of the times so I can arrive at the truth but its kinda hard to do when I have to consider something that hits so close to home.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Hospitals are kinda at the forefront lately on several issues. My little brother is about to become a radiologist at a Catholic Hospital. They can impose their own rules being part of a religious body and dont have to worry about government approval.

Theyve decided to outlaw nicotine across the board and are also going to be requiring employees to stay within a healthy Body Mass Index ostensibily for insurance reasons.

Im just wondering where they are going to draw the line.

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
-----------------------------------------------
^ Troll Line ^

Everyone above this line got trolled.

you-mad-bro.png

fwellers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2010
Northern Va
photos.fwellers.com
Would reasons like…

Reduced Funding

Really, I won't be vaping in a hospital, unless I am a patient and forced to stay in there for an extended period. But in general, where I think it's ok to vape, I will vape. As far as the unknown Effects of vaping being a reason, I heartily reject that. I think that's a pretty poor reason to limit someone's liberties.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... As far as the unknown Effects of vaping being a reason, I heartily reject that. I think that's a pretty poor reason to limit someone's liberties.

Not exactly sure how you can infer that an e-Cigarettes are Safe.

Seeing that last time I checked, an e-Liquid can contain Anything from Diacetyl to Glow in the Dark Food Colorings. And mixed in a Sterile Environment ranging from a Class 2 Clean Room to a Used 5 Gallon Bucket.

Of course, this is All going to Change soon.

fwellers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2010
Northern Va
photos.fwellers.com
Not exactly sure how you can infer that an e-Cigarettes are Safe.

Seeing that last time I checked, an e-Liquid can contain Anything from Diacetyl to Glow in the Dark Food Colorings. And mixed in a Sterile Environment ranging from a Class 2 Clean Room to a Used 5 Gallon Bucket.

Of course, this is All going to Change soon.

My point is that e-cigs are innocent until proven guilty. You don't get to ban something because you think it "might" be dangerous. I heard that cow farts are dangerous to the ozone layer, let's ban cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread