Why do we allow this as vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
National Park Service Bans The Use Of E-Cigarettes Anywhere Smoking Is Prohibited – Consumerist

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but I have one question for you all.

Why are we willingly allowing ourselves to be relegated to some dark, smelly, unhealthy corner with the smokers?

There have been no credible studies that show that there is any danger at all from second hand vapor.

NOT true with cigarette smoke. There is a massive amount of evidence that shows that second hand smoke is bad for us, up to and including causing cancer.

Why should we be forced to put our health in jeopardy because some ill-informed idiots see vaping and smoking as virtually the same thing?

They arent.

One is imminently more healthy than the other. Both anecdotal evidence from this very forum and peer reviewed research studies show this rather conclusively.

So does basic math. A handful of chemicals in vaping has to better for us than over 4000 from smoking....especially when 69 of the chemicals found in cigarette smoke are known carcinogens.

Even an idiot should be able to see the simple truth of this statement.

CASAA and this forum have been strong advocates for vaping as harm reduction versus more traditional methods of tobacco usage and nicotine delivery.

How much of that harm reduction is negated by breathing in the nasty cigarette smoke that most of us had sense enough to walk away from?

After being completely cigarette free for almost 3 years now, the stench of cigarettes makes me nauseous and steals my breath away. I am sure I am not alone in this as well. Not by a long shot.

If they want to enforce no vaping in state parks or other areas then they need to provide areas for vapers that are separate from smokers.

As vapers we need to fight to separate and distance ourselves from smokers or we share the same fate!

We arent the same...but if we allow ourselves to be treated the same then ultimately we have no one else to blame but ourselves.

End rant.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do You Vape? Not In U.S. National Parks!

I agree with you on principle. But how do you propose to change their minds?

Many businesses prohibit both smoking and vaping. For example, Starbucks. I read that they recognized that vaping may be less harmful than smoking, but didn't want to have to explain to smokers why vaping was allowed, so they banned both. City parks in Cincinnati have enacted laws to prohibit vaping where smoking is denied, and this is probably the case in other places too.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
I agree with you on principle. But how do you propose to change their minds?

Many businesses prohibit both smoking and vaping. For example, Starbucks. I read that they recognized that vaping may be less harmful than smoking, but didn't want to have to explain to smokers why vaping was allowed, so they banned both. City parks in Cincinnati have enacted laws to prohibit vaping where smoking is denied, and this is probably the case in other places too.

The National Park service differs from Starbucks in that it actually sets aside spaces for smokers and vapers.Together.

So it isnt an outright ban.

A lot of other places, like amusement parks are also doing the same thing.

My point is that if they are going to restrict vaping to certain areas then they should realize many of us dont want to be around the smokers any more than the non smokers do.

I made a conscious decision years ago to switch to a lifestyle that I believe is healthier.Why would I want to willingly subject myself to that foulness again by being forced into the smoking area?

They have zero right to throw me or anyone else right back into that old lifestyle again just because they see them as similar.

We should be fighting for our own space in instances like this......our own vaping area, separate and apart from the smoking areas...partly for our own health but also to show them that there is a big difference between the two groups.

If the general public is always seeing vapers and smokers together then what do you think they will conclude?

Last edited:
Reactions: ENAUD

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
The National Park service differs from Starbucks in that it actually sets aside spaces for smokers and vapers.Together.

So it isnt an outright ban.

A lot of other places, like amusement parks are doing the same thing.

My point is that if they are going to restrict vaping to certain areas then they should realize many of us dont want to be around the smokers any more than the non smokers do.

I made a conscious decision years ago to switch to a lifestyle that I believe is healthier.Why would I want to willingly subject myself to that foulness again by being forced into the smoking area?

They have zero right to throw me or anyone else right back into that old lifestyle again just because they see them as similar.

We should be fighting for our own space in instances like this...partly for our own health but also to show them that there is a big difference between the two groups.

You make a conscious decision to not be around smokers. What about non smoker and non vapers that don't want to be around vapers.

Then were does it stop?

Did you really read where and when a person can smoke in national park? Read the Yosemite website.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
You make a conscious decision to not be around smokers. What about non smoker and non vapers that don't want to be around vapers.

Then were does it stop?

Did you really read where and when a person can smoke in national park? Read the Yosemite website.

Evidently I spent more time reading about where and when you can smoke and/or vape in national parks than you spent in reading my post before replying to it.

What part about vaping areas that are separate from smokers did you not understand?

Nowhere in any of my posts above did I advocate or even mention people vaping wherever they choose....and especially not around non-vapers and non-smokers.

I think you missed the point entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread