**Winners of "I'm Thankful for You" Have Been Chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Hey Friends :)

Well, the winners of the "I'm Thankful for You" contest have officially been chosen! I will be sending out email notifications to whoever submitted the nomination over the next hour or so, and will be also sending notifications for those who were not chosen. You will get an email from us either way letting you know the results

The decisions were EXTREMELY difficult, and I honestly wish we could give a kit to every single person who entered! There were some heart breaking and amazing submissions, and I thank you all for taking the time to submit.

As for winner announcements, we decided to do private emails through our ticketing system, as I know some people would not appreciate their names being posted on the internet, so I hope you will all understand. :) Just trying to do what's best for everyone involved!

Again, thanks so much for everyone who participated, and congratulations to all of the winners! :wub:

Carti3r

Feb 20, 2009
California
Wow. I just have to say I can't believe PS is doing this and think that is extremely generous of them. A good group of people.

By the way, the protege I just ordered from you is awesome and seems to be working just fine. Hopefully I can get a video review up soon. Need to find a bit of time first and a bit of money so I can get some juice and atomizers.

Anyways, for those that asked, here is the e-mail I sent them.

I met Jacob through an intense training course in the Air Force. We have become close friends since then; and he now lives down the street. Being in the military we don't make a whole lot of money and he just had a new baby. He needs to quit smoking for the Air Force, Himself, and most importantly for his family. He likes my E-Cig but with his baby cannot seem to spend the money on a kit right now. I don't have enough spare parts to lend him and this would be a great gift for him and the family. Help a broke soldier become a healthy soldier, husband, and father.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Here's mine and I cannot thank Steve and Casey enough. You are wonderful and generous folks! I will be forever grateful.
Crystal is my best friend and has smoked for at least 30 years. I have watched her struggle to quit smoking for 3 years, trying cold turkey and failing each time. She has tried patches and Chantix with no luck.

She wants to quit, her husband is worried about the effects of smoking on her health, but the nicotine demon will not let her go.

She had asked me questions about the ecig and I have explained them to her in the best of my ability, giving personal recommendations but she never took the step to purchase one. I think if she had an opportunity to try one, she would be hooked.

Crystal moved to New York a few months ago due to her husband accepting work in that area. I am consumed with worry about her health and I'm not close enough to help. I wish I had purchased a kit for her while she still lived in this area and could help her through the learning curve.

I'm afraid this is something she won't do for herself and I've recently retired and don't have the extra cash right now to give her the gift of smoke-free living. You do, and I ask you sincerely to consider giving Crystal the gift of a few more years of life without cigarettes.

Thank you for your consideration.

EcA2AcE

ECF Veteran
Ya Know,,,,,,,,,,,, Puresmoker / Steve and Casey could have "NOT" done this contest, Yet they did,,,,,,,, It Really Goes to Show you Alot about them and their Hearts, It is very obvious that these are very Kind and Giving people trying to run a Honest, Fair, Business,,,, especially in the trying economic times we are in, Just Think about this, They did not Award just one but 20, They Gave away 20 in a contest, Most Companies would only give away one if any at all.
Take a Step back if you will and Re Read the Contest "Reason" that Casey posted/Provided for Having this Contest, It is Addressed to Friends and is wrote with Real feelings in Giving back and helping others, WOW, If ya think about it, The Biggest Gift here in my opinion is that they Cared enough about all of us to do this and that we are all very fortunate,,, win or not,,,, to have met these people, WE HAVE ALL WON in one aspect of this, I am Especially Thankful For have coming across Steve and Casey and am Glad My Business is going to be with them, If My Money is going to be spent anywhere it is definately going to be with them,,,,,,,,,,, Marlboro etc. never once did anything kind or offered anything to help me or my family besides taking my money, and trying to kill me. and, I am Just Really Impressed by their Business ethic and the way they keep a personal touch with their clients as well as the clients feelings/needs or problems.

Extremely Impressed I am and I Just Got Here,,,,,WOW!

I say "Lets Ask Not what Pure Smoker can do for us but what WE can Do For Pure Smoker!" :D

Happy Thanksgiving to you both and THANK YOU for being You!

Kenny

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
I did NOT win a PV even though I did enter the contest. I am a good customer, owning 5 PS mods and I submitted a viable option as a nominee. How easy it would have been to say...hey, here is a customer who has spent a considerable amount of money with us, so lets smooze her and let her win. But it didn't happen.

IMO PS did the honorable thing, awarding the prizes to those most in NEED not those who can best benefit PS. Thank you Puresmoker. Your actions in this contest speak volumes about your company and about you as individuals. I don't believe this was ever thought of as a good PR move but as a way to give back to the community. Because I am so impressed with this contest....you have won a customer for life.

I will be buying that ACE starter kit for my nominee as I sincerely want to encourage my son to quit smoking. But I am so happy after reading a couple of the winning submissions that, instead of choosing my entry, you went with the spirit of the contest and gave it to those that deserve it most. Thank you for giving me back the spirit of giving that I seem to have lost somewhere along the way.

robosax

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
ronkonkoma, NY
robosax.com
YAY! my boss won ! I'm sooo thankful for PureSmoker ! :D
here's my letter:

My boss, Tony at Cornet Music, is the greatest. He's the only boss I've had who appreciates the quality I put into my work. Tony is loved and respected by everyone in the store. He's a smoker for 40+ years, and has recently developed some smoking related health issues. We at Cornet Music and his family have been trying to get him to quit for years.

I lent him my Blu and he liked it, but he's not the kind of person to go out and get one himself. Also, I let him try my Prodigy, but I think he's a little intimidated by the non-cigarette approach. A Pure Smoker Ace would be perfect for him! AND his wife, who's a heavy smoker too -- and a nurse!

So many people would be so thankful if Tony won a Pure Smoker Ace. We need him.

My sincerest thanks to Steve & Casey and everyone at PureSmoker.

Happy Thanksgiving & Blessings to you and your families !!!

robosax

My nominee did not get picked but the class and grace of the contest and response has shown me I will not regret getting one.

Steve and Casey thank you for allowing us this contest to show our and your hearts to those that we care about.

My order will be placed as fast as paycheck possible will allow.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Everyone's nominees were just as desrving as another, and Im SURE this was a very TOUGH decision. My mom will be very happy and grateful and I plan on reporting back once she recieves her surprise ;)

Thank you PureSmoker!!!!!!

My entry-

Im nominating my mom. Back in 2004, I was ejected from my Jeep, wearing a seatbelt, thru a hardtop. I broke 19 bones, ribs went thru lungs and fractured my skull in 4 places. My mom, without hesitation, dropped everything and drove (flights took longer) to Fl from NC to be with me. I didnt have health ins at the time so with 2 outfits, she was there to help me. She lost her job and house due to not being able to leave my side and having noone at home to help her. She stayed with me for over a year until I was able to walk again and take care of myself. Together, we moved back to NC and got on our feet again, together. She has alot of health issues herself and is having a hip replacement next wed, yes, the day before Thanksgiving. I am taking my 2 weeks vac to help her recover and she has been wanting to try e-cigs. A smoker of 43 yrs, and seeeing my health problems since my wreck, she wants one but due to her not being able to work
bc if her upcoming surgery, is unable to afford one. I let her have one of mine, but the attys went out and were working together for a fund to get her setup the rt way on ecigs. If she got this from this contest, we would both be very very grateful!!!! Thanks in advance and...Happy Thanksgiiving!!!!!!!! BTW, she was diagnosed with early onnset emphasema and I have been diagnosed w/15 noncalcified pulmonary nodules which we are watching for growth. They may or may not be lung cancer :( This is the reason I started vaping....

EDIT-to be honest, I havent met a soul on ECF that hasnt ttouched me in some way by thier kindness, or helped me along my vaping journey. Since its Thanksgiving and all, just want everyone to know how very grateful I am for each and every one of you....ECF has made my journey not only a smooth one, but fun too!:D So-Thanks EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

awf40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Kansas
Thank you ps for this contest. My sister is one of the winners & boy is she going to be surprised... I agree everybody's nominee is just as deserving as everybody elses. Happy thanksgiving to everyone!!

This is what i sent in:

First off just let me say thank you to you guys for doing this, especially for the thanksgiving holiday. My sister means everything to me & I thank god everyday that she is still here with us.. She has had cancer now for the last year & a half and she struggles with it everyday. She does not let this stop her by any means. She is a very strong person, & very independant. She smokes still & she wants to quit but, we all know, its not that easy to do.. She is interested in the e-cig as I have showed her mine & she tryed it & liked it. She is on a fixed income so money is real tight for her. Her birthday is coming up next month so I was going to see about getting her a e-cig. When I saw this contest I thought this would really be cool if she could win one of these kits. I am going to keep my fingers crossed & hope my sister wins one of these nice looking kits... Thanks

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Thanks to you all for posting your emails. Those are great stories and I can see why you won the contest. PS has been wonderful in doing that and making sure to get them shipped out ASAP.

Crash... Wow, just wow. Best of luck in everything. (I had wondered where your user name came from.)

Thanks, its true what they say "what doesnt kill u makes u stronger" and Im sure every contest entrant feels this as well. It was a rough time, and still is. I still have several bones that refused to heal but all my limbs work and Im thankful everyday bc I know it may not have ended up that way ;)

To the poster whos sis has Cancer- I wish u the best and hope she's able to kick its ...!!! I know what its like and wish u and urs the best...

Each and every one of u will be in my Thanksiving thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread