bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
"There is no definitive support of e-cigs playing a cessation role."
New FDA tobacco regulations stir help, harm debate

In the article they made a sincere effort to present the harmful effects of the deeming. I got mad at Zeller all over again. You can read my rather lengthy comment.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

In the article they made a sincere effort to present the harmful effects of the deeming. I got mad at Zeller all over again. You can read my rather lengthy comment.
This is a real pet peeve of mine. Why does the discussion always go back to vaping as smoking cessation? No one in the industry markets them as smoking cessation, but as a viable alternative. If that alternative is safer than smoking, that should be enough.

“If we could get all of those people [who smoke] to completely switch all of their cigarettes to noncombustible cigarettes, it would be good for public health,” Mitch Zeller. That right there should be the only justification needed for allowing vapor products to be freely on the market. Make the alternative available, and let the smokers decide.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
Gonna cruise out of this city
Head down to the sea
Gonna shout out at the ocean
Hey I'm tobacco free!
And I feel like a anecdote
Feel like a anecdote
Feel like a stranger
A stranger in this land
I feel like a anecdote
I'm not a anecdote
I'm not a liar
Dammit I'm a (wo)man
I said I'm a (wo)man

Apologies to Bob Seger, but dammit, I DID quit smoking with ecigs, along with the 10,000 people you referred to!

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
Apologies to Bob Seger, but dammit, I DID quit smoking with ecigs, along with the 10,000 people you referred to!

It's hard to throw a rock and NOT hit someone who quit smoking with e-cigs. They're just choosing to ignore that and/or place artificial limitations on their studies to show otherwise.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Excellent Comment.

In this War of Words that is been waging in the Media, it's Funny how Scientific Data and the Significant Number of Actual User Experiences are throw out by the FDA like week old milk.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Nice comment! :thumbs:
Thank you! We just can't let Zeller's [censored] go unchallenged. A debate between him and Clive Bates would be highly entertaining. But that won't happen. Zeller only issues dictates from on high and preaches to the ANTZ choir.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Excellent Comment.

In this War of Words that is been waging in the Media, it's Funny how Scientific Data and the Significant Number of Actual User Experiences are throw out by the FDA like week old milk.
Thanks! It would be funny if it didn't have tragic consequences. (Couldn't resist--I know you're not using "funny" to mean humorous).

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks! It would be funny if it didn't have tragic consequences. (Couldn't resist--I know you're not using "funny" to mean humorous).

It's Nice when you know someone well enough to Pick Up on the Nuances that plain text can sometimes Obscure.

Once again bigdancehawk, Great Comment to that article. And thank you for Posting it.

Reactions: bigdancehawk

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
This is a real pet peeve of mine. Why does the discussion always go back to vaping as smoking cessation? No one in the industry markets them as smoking cessation, but as a viable alternative. If that alternative is safer than smoking, that should be enough.

“If we could get all of those people [who smoke] to completely switch all of their cigarettes to noncombustible cigarettes, it would be good for public health,” Mitch Zeller. That right there should be the only justification needed for allowing vapor products to be freely on the market. Make the alternative available, and let the smokers decide.
So, per Zeller, it wouldn't be good for "public health" if only many millions of smokers switch, or if some of them smoke a cigarette once in awhile? What about the health of individuals? And who is this "we"? Until now, the vaping market has grown exponentially without help from Zeller and his ilk. He just can't bear to see people manage to quit smoking without being scolded and supervised by the tobacco control industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread