Wizard Labs flavors- Some descibed as enhancers only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ordered a lot of flavors from WL and noticed that some have a description as being an enhancer.
Below is a sample of what I mean-

Commercial Tobacco Flavor Concentrate (SM)

"Concentrated Commercial tobacco flavoring by Seedman.
Adds a commercial type tobacco note to any mix.
This is an enhancer for flavoring traditional tobacco, not an FDA approved food flavoring.
Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavor, Propylene Glycol, ethyl alcohol, citric acid, dextrose"

I like the taste of this but does it mean I must/should use a primary flavor as well?
Also, some say FDA approved some say not. I'm not worried but is it a concern?

Thanks
Charlie

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I'd recommend posing your question direct to Wizard Labs via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the WL home page; they are great at responding to questions. I don't want to speak for WL, but my understanding is that the "enhancer" term is from Seedman's, not Wizard Labs. If you visit the Seedman's site, you'll understand more about what I mean ...

As for your question about whether or not you use these Seedman flavor notes as stand-alone flavors in their own right, or if you first make a tobacco base using Tobacco Absolute and then lay the Seedman's "enhancers" over the top ... that's a great question, and I wish I knew the answer! If you find out, please post. I'm getting ready to do some serious DIY, and that's a question I've been asking myself ...

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
According to the Seedman's website, the enhancers are made to spray on home grown tobacco leaves to boost or alter the overall flavor profile...
Tobacco Flavorings for Home Grown Tobacco
Smoking Tobacco Flavorings for Cigarettes, Cigars and Pipe Tobaccos

The secret to great tasting tobacco is in the flavoring. The commercial companies use flavorings to smooth out tobacco, remove harshness and stinging and deliver a mellow flavored tobacco. Now you can do the same at home with our Tobacco Flavorings.
We offer two types of flavorings, Tobacco Enhancers which work to generally smooth out tobacco and remove harsh tones and Top Note Flavors which are absorbed by the tobacco to create a pleasing taste and aroma.

We suggest applying a Flavor Enhancer to all home grown tobacco, allowing it to fully dry and then applying a Top Note Flavor for best results. Applying our flavors is a very simple process:
1. After tobacco has dried and cured properly ( Consult Alan Daly's Tobacco: Easier than you Thought guide for curing information ), removes stems and shred tobacco into the size you will use when smoking.
2. Place a pound of shredded tobacco into a large open tray and start misting the tobacco with the flavoring while stirring the tobacco thoroughly. 2 ounces of our pre-mixed flavoring will flavor one pound of tobacco.
3. After flavoring has been applied, cover container for 3-4 hours to allow tobacco to fully absorb flavoring, then spread tobacco out on a table or shelf to dry. Stir the tobacco every 4 hours or so to facilitate drying.
4. After 24 hours, tobacco should be ready to use. We recommend sampling a batch to insure that it has dried adequately, if it has not, allow to dry until burns evenly when lit.

Store bought tobacco that has been allowed to dry out and would no longer be smokeable can be given new life simply by adding our flavorings, using the above process.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I just ordered some flavors from WL as well and didn't order some that I thought I might like because of that note. Let us know how things go for you, the search for that "perfect" tobacco flavor is a long one!

Tobacco flavors really ARE a .....! If I relied on DIY tobacco for my vapes, I'd be totally out of luck!

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wizards labs has awesome customer service!! glad you posted the results!

Yes they do! And it's nice to see someone else in south florida on these pages........

Spoke to John again yesterday, he's really a heck of a nice guy.
Not many of us around :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread