Wizard Labs VG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started DIY ejuice and I've ordered all the liquid ingredients from Wizard Labs. I ordered:
- 18mg 120ml PG nic blend
- 250ml VG
- and a few TFA flavorings.
My question is what is your opinion on Wizard Labs VG because my first 3 batches of DIY ejuice went horrible and I'm really trying to succeed with DIY eJuice. The first two batches I made I mixed the 18mg PG nic blend with the VG and Flavoring and I got a weird chemically taste. So I thought I had put to much nicotine so I tried mixing up just the VG and flavoring for the 3rd batch and sadly I still got the chemical taste. Does this just mean that I need to steep my juice for 2 weeks or am I doing something wrong? Below is the exact ingredients I used for making the 3rd batch (10ml). 8.3ml of Pure VG, .5ml of distilled water, and 1.2ml of Strawberry Cream Flavoring (TFA). So this is making me think that I'm either putting too much or too less of flavoring, or that im doing something wrong, or its the Wizard labs VG. Any suggestions, help, or opinions would be wonderful. (Sorry for the small picture)

Calc.jpg

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Sounds like it's the flavoring, TFA tends to have a chemical taste expecially if you over flavor the mix. Steeping may help. If your unsure if it's the flavoring or VG you can vape the VG by itself and see if it has that taste but I would bet it's the flavoring. Try cutting back on the flavoring to about 3 - 5% and see if that makes a difference. 1.2ml's is like 12% and that seems like a bit to much. Or take 3mls of what you've already made and dilute that with 7ml's of VG, that will bring it down to about 3.5%. If it still taste chemical let it sit about 3 days because anything with a cream in it needs some time to mature.

If you need some further general mixing tips here's some recommended reading.

Read my blogs

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/

then read hoosier's blogs.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/hoosier/

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

dycero

Jul 31, 2014
SC, USA
I am using the TFA flavors but I used the VG nicotine 12mg I have made 3 batches and just added distilled water to cut mine. At first it had a weird taste. After 12 steep I tried it again today and it tasted a lot better. I am using 15% distilled water and 5% flavoring. Just doing single flavors for now. Let it steep for a few hours shake it up and try again

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
It looks like in the upper box that you do not have your nicotine in there. Looks like you bought PG Nic at 18mg. Set the calculator to 100% PG then put in 18 where the mg is.

Also you need to set the target for what you want your nicotine to....3mg, 6mg, 9mg, 12mg, 18mg.....

Good Luck to You!!!

Last edited:

dycero

Jul 31, 2014
SC, USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: There is no buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds

dycero

Jul 31, 2014
SC, USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: There is no buying, selling or trading outside of the classifieds

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
Yeah your formula is way off. You're putting in more flavoring then anything else. You didn't notice from the pic you posted that it required no nicotine? When I get down to my ”DIY lab” I'll post a recipe for you to try.

Edit: I just notice your pic does have more vg listed than I thought. The small pic was hard to make out.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
I'm probably one of the few here that doesn't find anything from WL to my liking. I made one order from them...nic/pg/vg...I mixed a few of my go to recipes and immediately noticed a nasty metallic taste to my juice. I dipped my finger in the vg and it had an artificial sweetener taste to me. I knew something was wrong, not what I was accustomed to tasting, just didn't know the culprit. I made 3-4 more test mixes lowering my nic level on each from 18mg down to 6mg before the metallic taste was lessened somewhat.

I went back to using my MFS nic/pg/vg at the time and shortly afterwards started using VT nic. I still have plenty pg/vg from MFS so that's what I'm using...no complaints there. I dunno, me and WL got off on the wrong foot from the get-go. I gave the nic away and stuck the WL pg/vg away. For the flavors I like, I don't care for tfa/tpa and especially not lorann...but then I reckon that's why we all have choices...to each his own.

Last edited:

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
I think the biggest problem you're having is the strawberry flavoring from TFA. It seems to always have a weird taste to it. After trying several batch combo's a little bit ago I now remember why I stopped using it. The only way I can use their strawberry is to add some banana to it. But if you want, you can take this one I whipped up a minute ago & tweak it to what suits you.

Strawberry_zpsa951ca5e.png

Attachments

• Strawberry.jpg
    Strawberry.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
I already ordered and recieved my nic from WL but have yet to buy flavor or VB and PG. What does MFS stand for? For us newbies it would be helpful to put the whole name in there so we know where to go to get the good stuff. Thanks. I'd also want a failed safe recipe if you have one. Want to start this process out slow.
MFS is MyFreedomSmokes

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread