Wondering what is THE BEST Automatic E-cig that looks like a real cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilaf424

Jul 16, 2011
Staten island
I'm just looking for any input on your personal favorites of automatic e-cigs, that aren't big and clunky like a riva 510. I'm looking for a real feel, something similar to Blucigs, except a lot cheaper, around the $40 range, I saw 808's, but I have no clue about those, but I heard they were decent enough to try.

Any input, your personal favorites, your reasons why it's good, I'm looking for something with a relatively LONG battery life, some sort of charging pack if that's possible.

Also, I'm looking for a really good menthol juice, comparable to a Newport, thanks.

Reactions: scroungehound

kookycole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Newark, OH
I prefer the manual batteries, but the Volt from Smokeless Image has sealed automatic batteries (they make it harder for juice to get into the battery). They have portable carrying cases that you can buy, and the battery lasts about 3-4 hours of continuous vaping. That's long for a small battery. I like it because it isn't very expensive, it's a quality product, and smokeless image has good customer service. It is an 808, by the way. Coupon code voltsave will save you 16%, but you could check and see if they have any new codes for memorial day. They also have a promotion on ECF called "faces of volt" where you can get a free battery by taking a pic of yourself with your volt.

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
The Volt. I've not tried it personally, but it has a very good track record around here. I would strongly suggest you get the starter kit with two batteries. That way you still have something to use while the other battery is charging. I would also strongly suggest you get the MANUAL batteries...Why? Because you'll be able to go longer between charges. You also can get some menthol juice with this starter kit...and it's in the $40 range.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Standard Starter Kit - Starter Kits

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Welcome to ECF, Pilaf424!

For my biased and personal opinion, the best 808 style battery is the Volt from Smokeless Image. The battery life is average to better than most of the look-of-cigarette batteries, and can last 2 to 3 hours for charge depending upon your own personal vaping style. The Volt has a nice rubberized finish (except for the gold and silver finishes) and some nice, modest bling features in the way of different colors, different led tip colors, different "ash" tips, etc.

Their customer service is second to none other. They will treat you right, the first time.

The kit you would want is the Pro Starter Kit, which includes a PCC (personal charging case), in addition to two batteries and a choice of cartomizers. You get a choice of style of the PCC, I personally chose the Mega v2 style, and I have not been disappointed with it. I would recommend, however, that when choosing the Pro Starter Kit, you also choose a usb charger and a wall adapter from the "extras" section just below the main choices, as these prices are a little better than going with separate accessories, and it gives you one more charging option than just the pcc. And yes, adding to your cart, I would also encourage getting one additional battery as a "just in case" battery. Then you are set.

If you want to stick with around $45 and just a standard charging option, then go with the Standard Starter Kit, which is the very best value for your money, in my opinion.

For your choice of pack of cartomizers with your kit, maybe you want to try the Strong Sampler. This sampler includes SI's Ice Menthol, Menthol Burst, Mint, Cappuccino, and Classic Grape. I have no idea what the Newport menthol tastes like, so maybe one of SI's menthols will appeal to you. I couldn't resist adding the other two sample packs to my cart, as well, when I got my first kit. Those are the Smooth (tobacco flavors) and Sweet Samplers.

To help you along with your choices, this weekend you can use the coupon code memorial2012 to receive a 21% discount off all the items you've added to your cart.

All that promo stuff aside, I happen to be a very big fan of the Volt batteries, including their new mid size battery, the X2. I have multiples of all the batteries, and the pcc's, and I carry a pcc and two Volt cases with 4 65mm Volt batteries and a usb charger each with me everywhere I go. This is because I have 8 different colors and 10 different flavors of carts and lots of variety for my day, and I don't usually run my batteries out during the day because I'm so into the variety! I do "top off" those which I use most during the day in the evening when I get home, even though I have not run the charge out. Have I ever run the batteries out of charge? Oh yeah, so I don't want you to think this won't happen, it will. So, one battery to vape while the other charges is always the rule. I.just.like.more. :) And yes, I do like the Volt.

By the way, did I mention their customer service is second to none? I am not lying.

Now, for playing with liquid choices, yes, Smokeless Image's liquids are great. I do like a couple of them quite well. However, http://www.ecblendflavors.com/ lets you experiment with liquids to the nth degree! You can get 5ml samples starting at about $2.50, which gives you a lot of choice for not so much cash. You can create your own blends or try a few of their many. And they have an ongoing coupon code of 10020 for 20% off the liquids in your order.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The Volt. Hands down. I would also forget the automatic batteries, or at least get one of each to experience the difference. If you do, the next replacement battery you get will be a manual one.

Everybody wants an automatic in the beginning. Almost nobody wants one for long. That's why none of the more advanced and high end e-cigs have them. It's not a coincidence.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Also, I'm looking for a really good menthol juice, comparable to a Newport, thanks.

Hm, as I noted before, I do not know the flavor of Newport menthol. However, I did note today on ECBlend's site that they have added a flavor called New Harbor, which is supposed to be the flavor of Newport menthol. I haven't tried it, so I can't say whether the claim is true.

t.d

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
SoCal
I'm not gonna lie, I liked my 510's, but I had to carry 2 complete e-cigs to get through work, including 1.5 hrs of driving. I recently bought the EGO-T kit and use a cone with my 510 Attys and I havn't gotten one complaint about the fatter EGO anywhere including public. They last me about 3 days and carry a decent amount of juice in the standard tanks.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I suggest the volt pro starter kit from smokeless image. It is a little more at $65 but you can use the code"memorial2012" for a 21% discount. The reason I say to get that one is because you get a lot more. You get 2 batteries, a personal charging case(your choice of the slider or mega, I recommend the mega). A USB charger and a pack of cartos. Also, with a $55 purchase you get free shipping. The extra $15 is worth it. If you ever want the pcc, it is $30 on its own.

SI has the best customer service. They are also very fast shippers. Generally orders go out the same day and even with standard shipping, every order I have made Has been at my door within 2 to 3 days. You can also get a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos with their faces of volt promo on their subforum here.

If you like menthol, get their strong sampler. They have 3 menthols and they are all good. All 3 are in the sampler. Personally I like the ice menthol and the mint the best. The mint is like a spearmint lifesaver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
By the way, I have the volt and love it. Their battery lasts a long time for a cig style. Generally I get about 3 hours on constant vaping. Any other I have tried only gave me an hour. Plus their cartomizers work with their x2 so when you upgrade, everything you have works with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Interesting. Would any of you Volt users rate the Volt battery and cartomizer above a Joye 510 battery with a boge cartomizer in terms or flavor, throat hit, vapor production, battery life, etc? I'm happy with the 510, but the Volt is even smaller which I like, so if it performs better as well I may need to try it.

Carto-miser.
I have tried others and what I like about the volt is this: their auto batteries don't seem to be as finicky. I am a landscaper, and even while running a mower in the wind, or driving with the window open, they don't activate. Second, their cartos are the best 808 bar none. I have tried several 501 and 808 and my experience with these is the best. I have never burnt one, even when smoking till dry. The ones who have the atomizer run up the length of the tube like on the v4l ones, have given me trouble. In addition, I have been able to have most of my cartomizers go for at least 15-20 refills.

And yes, their battery lasts a very long time for some reason. I don't know why, but I can hang an auto from my mouth and continually vape for 2-3 hours before it runs out. The manuals last even longer and forget about the x2, the battery life on that is great. I use my 900x2 at night when I am home for about 5 hours a night. I am going on my 3rd day of use without recharging it.

I know a lot of people like the 501 threading because of all the accessories, but the volt is incredible, plus all of their clearomizers, cartomizers, standard batteries and x2s re interchangeable. This makes it easier to go to bigger batteries without having to buy a lot of new stuff. It's no wonder why steeljan, who everyone would agree is awesome when reviewing things praises the volt. On many of her videos she even says that with all of her mods and big kits, she finds herself going to the volt for everyday vaping. You should check it out.

And as everyone has said, their customer service is second to none. If you have an exchange or problem with an order, they take care of it the same day. I recently decided that I wanted an extra 78mm auto battery instead of a 65mm that I had for about 2 weeks. I called them, they sent me the 78mm battery the same day they got the 65mm from me and didn't even charge shipping. 4 days after I put my battery in the mail the new one was at my door. What other company does that, inside or outside of the vaping world. I have been waiting for a refund from Blu cigs for almost 5 weeks and that is more the norm in returns and exchanges. Every time I call them, the say next week

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I suggest the volt pro starter kit from smokeless image. It is a little more at $65 but you can use the code"memorial2012" for a 21% discount. The reason I say to get that one is because you get a lot more. You get 2 batteries, a personal charging case(your choice of the slider or mega, I recommend the mega). A USB charger and a pack of cartos. Also, with a $55 purchase you get free shipping. The extra $15 is worth it. If you ever want the pcc, it is $30 on its own.

SI has the best customer service. They are also very fast shippers. Generally orders go out the same day and even with standard shipping, every order I have made Has been at my door within 2 to 3 days. You can also get a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos with their faces of volt promo on their subforum here.

If you like menthol, get their strong sampler. They have 3 menthols and they are all good. All 3 are in the sampler. Personally I like the ice menthol and the mint the best. The mint is like a spearmint lifesaver

21% is a good promotion. How long is that promotion going to last?
I usually use a Kgo, but like to keep a cig-like pv in my pocket for emergency backup and other situations.
I don't really "need" another e-cig like pv, but have heard such glowing reports about the Volt, that I'm really tempted to try it out.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
21% is a good promotion. How long is that promotion going to last?
I usually use a Kgo, but like to keep a cig-like pv in my pocket for emergency backup and other situations.
I don't really "need" another e-cig like pv, but have heard such glowing reports about the Volt, that I'm really tempted to try it out.

Through Monday. You will be pleased. It's a great backup, especially for when you are on the go. And like I said, super fast shipping. I placed an order sat night at 11pm, it was already shipped by 10 am this morning.

Pilaf424

Jul 16, 2011
Staten island
I just wanna thank everyone for their input, I'll be ordering the Volt from SI, the 21% promo code is an amazing savings, I'm saying about $25 dollars, a $130 order for $98 ( not exact numbers, i forgot the prices ) Either way, it's great savings. I'm getting tons of new flavors too, and even some clear cartos to use up the remaining juice I have in stock. Again, thanks everyone for all the help. I got one manual and one auto to satisfy my curiosity of automatic batteries, I hope I'm not disappointed.

One last question: What does the purchase show as on a credit card statement? I may have to borrow a friends and pay him back, but I don't want him knowing that I smoke in the first place, even if this is just 'water vapor'

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
It shows up on statements as Smokeless Image Middleburg or somesuch, if I recall correctly. As for not wanting someone to know you smoke, hey. Just remember you are ditching the tobacco cigarettes for a much healthier alternative. Don't be ashamed to admit you are changing your life for the better. Besides, as much as we try to kid ourselves, smoking is something we don't hide well. Stick to your resolve, you can get through the cravings (remember you have a willing support group here), and you'll be smoke free. The sale is great, admittedly, but Smokeless Image also has a nice 16% off code for the rest of the time, so if you have to wait to pick up a thing or two, it's ok. Besides, the 4th of July isn't far off. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread