Wotofo Recurve RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
I just got this! Gunmetal, even (which was hard to find). And, I ordered the Pulse 80w --- Both are firsts for me. Never had an rda, nor a squonk mod. I am holding out for the squonk mod to come in the mail... I have some of that COTN that DJLSB uses, too (I needed to make it easy). I'm so excited to try this thing I can't stand it (yes I could put it on one my regular mods but I don't want to, given that literally everyone says this "shines" in squonk mode).

(On a completely un-related note - I ran into another vaper today - tried to talk vape gear (I recognized his tank and mod) and he just wasn't interested at all. It was just a functional device for him. No passion at all, lol. Boo :p Clearly I'm way too into this stuff, haha :lol: )

Reactions: fitchy

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I just got this! Gunmetal, even (which was hard to find). And, I ordered the Pulse 80w --- Both are firsts for me. Never had an RDA, nor a squonk mod. I am holding out for the squonk mod to come in the mail... I have some of that COTN that DJLSB uses, too (I needed to make it easy). I'm so excited to try this thing I can't stand it (yes I could put it on one my regular mods but I don't want to, given that literally everyone says this "shines" in squonk mode).

(On a completely un-related note - I ran into another vaper today - tried to talk vape gear (I recognized his tank and mod) and he just wasn't interested at all. It was just a functional device for him. No passion at all, lol. Boo :p Clearly I'm way too into this stuff, haha :lol: )

Performance won't be any less using a regular mod with the Recurve. It just doesn't have a deep juice well to hold more juice for dripping thus it's more functional using it with a squonking mod. You just have to redrip more compared to other RDAs with deeper juice wells. Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Monday so I'm looking forward to checking out what all the hype is about.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Performance won't be any less using a regular mod with the Recurve. It just doesn't have a deep juice well to hold more juice for dripping thus it's more functional using it with a squonking mod. You just have to redrip more compared to other RDAs with deeper juice wells. Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Monday so I'm looking forward to checking out what all the hype is about.
If I use it as a regular RDA, then decide to change the pin to the squonk pin - I don't really need to do anything much, right? just make sure the juice well isn't full of tons of juice? ...I have zero idea how long I can expect the wicks to last (Prob a completely different question).

I am guessing that you can't just throw an RDA into your bag or whatever, like you can a mod with a tank....

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
If I use it as a regular RDA, then decide to change the pin to the squonk pin - I don't really need to do anything much, right? just make sure the juice well isn't full of tons of juice? ...I have zero idea how long I can expect the wicks to last (Prob a completely different question).

I am guessing that you can't just throw an RDA into your bag or whatever, like you can a mod with a tank....

Yep all you have to do is swap the squonk pin back in (it comes pre-installed with the squonk pin). What a lot of people do is get extra squonk bottles and use a battery case in which you can put a battery and an extra squonk bottle in to have extra power and juice on the go in a small convenient case.

Reactions: LyLyV

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Juice well is next to nothing. Good for a couple good rips.
Yeah, it really is meant for squonking. Not too big of a transition to me when switching back/forth with the Nudge 22 on my squonks. The Nudge doesn't have a large juice well either, but they both squonk great.

The Recurve hasn't made me shelf my Nudges yet, but I do use both of them regularly.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
Hell, it requires constant attention as a squonker.
Agreed It dose need lots of upkeep to maintain even as a squonk. I don't think it's a bad RSA but it dose seem over hyped/rated. The main thing thought pulled me in was the "Amazing flavor" etc. Really the flavor is pretty good, but not as good as with some of the super small chamber RDA/RSA's out there. It needs to be perfectly vertical pretty much to not leak if you over squonk. On my personal recurve the 810 o-ring had like 0 tension, once it had juice on it. The cotton wells are almost to small for a 3mm ID coil.

Overall it's not a bad RSA even more so for the price. It's just easy to find small things to nitpick when something is so highly hyped up.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I think it's a pretty decent RDA but it has been definitely over hyped. It can be over squonked and I'm using 80VG liquid so I don't get all of those reviews praising no leaking. The airflow is great and the flavor is good and I actually do like the included 810 drip tips (I generally prefer 510s). Used the included coil for a bottle and swapped out for a SS one because this RDA is definitely a candidate for TC with the small juice well and lack of room for cotton.

I ordered this because I thought my SXK Basic RDA got lost in the mail after being parked in Chicago for over 2 weeks and I needed vape mail :w00t: ... and I gave in to the hype. Could have bought 3 more of those for the price of the Recurve with no leaking and better flavor.

Reactions: TraderX

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Those are fair assessments, however, it is a small, single coil RDA. The reviews note if I recall about the small juice well and not tipping it if over squonked.

I've only been squonking for maybe 4 months. Anyways, I started with the Wasp Nano and Nudge 22, and I find this in the same category as far as juice well size, over squonking, etc. Probably less leak prone than those. Folks who are used to squonking with an atty like that will have no problems with the Recurve. It's not like squonking with a Bonza or a larger RDA for sure. ;) The deck on the Recurve really is a 22mm style deck, it's the thick top cap that makes it look like a 24mm. It's not a big deck.

Different strokes, for different folks. I've only even squonked with similar size RDAs, so it's nothing out of the ordinary for me. I'm usually finding I get about 5 pulls out before requonking, but have yet to make mine leak unless I squonk it good and put it in my pocket without taking a few pulls on it.

YMMV....

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hmm.....I've been nothing but happy with it. It hasn't leaked, the flavor is great and the airflow is smooth. The only things I don't like about it are the designer and the manufacturer. But, I feel they both did a great job on this one. It's the first RDA to bump my beloved nardas and NarCAs .

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States
Agreed It dose need lots of upkeep to maintain even as a squonk. I don't think it's a bad RSA but it dose seem over hyped/rated. The main thing thought pulled me in was the "Amazing flavor" etc. Really the flavor is pretty good, but not as good as with some of the super small chamber RDA/RSA's out there. It needs to be perfectly vertical pretty much to not leak if you over squonk. On my personal recurve the 810 o-ring had like 0 tension, once it had juice on it. The cotton wells are almost to small for a 3mm ID coil.

Overall it's not a bad RSA even more so for the price. It's just easy to find small things to nitpick when something is so highly hyped up.

Thank you... based on reviewers I thought it was just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread