Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just an update on this tank.

So after I filled using some precautions mentioned in my previous post I have not had any e-juice come from my top cap, I am very happy!

I want to say that I rebuilt my serpent mini just now with a twisted 27 gauge coil. 1.10 ohm 3mm diameter.

I cannot believe how much flavour this tank has, I have an authentic kayfun 5 sitting right next to me and the serpent mini blows the kayfun 5 out of the ballpark.

I have not experienced this kind of flavour out of a tank in 4 years of vaping.

Now that I have no leaks anywhere, I cant help but rate this tank 11/10.

I just purchased 2 more, and will probably sell my kayfun 5.

Glad you found the problem. It's been a really nice tank for me as well. I keep going between this and my Merlin both with great flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Heartsdelight

jocoxVT

Nov 3, 2015
It's been a really nice tank for me as well. I keep going between this and my Merlin both with great flavor.

Interesting you say that as I am on the cusp of ordering the Merlin. Do you find yourself gravitating to one over the other between the serpent mini and merlin? I picked up an Avocado 24 to team with my Theorem and Serpent Mini but it just sits on the shelf as I dont get nearly the flavor from it as I do my others. Hoping the Merlin will give me comparable flavor with added capacity.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Interesting you say that as I am on the cusp of ordering the Merlin. Do you find yourself gravitating to one over the other between the serpent mini and merlin? I picked up an Avocado 24 to team with my Theorem and Serpent Mini but it just sits on the shelf as I dont get nearly the flavor from it as I do my others. Hoping the Merlin will give me comparable flavor with added capacity.

I use my Merlin for my daily vape with the large volume. The smaller serpent is great for new flavors or flavors I like but not for all day. It is a really nice tank as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Just an update on this tank.

So after I filled using some precautions mentioned in my previous post I have not had any e-juice come from my top cap, I am very happy!

I want to say that I rebuilt my serpent mini just now with a twisted 27 gauge coil. 1.10 ohm 3mm diameter.

I cannot believe how much flavour this tank has, I have an authentic kayfun 5 sitting right next to me and the serpent mini blows the kayfun 5 out of the ballpark.

I have not experienced this kind of flavour out of a tank in 4 years of vaping.

Now that I have no leaks anywhere, I cant help but rate this tank 11/10.

I just purchased 2 more, and will probably sell my kayfun 5.
Wow! That's saying a lot considering the cost of the authentic Kayfun 5 :thumb: I just ordered a clone of the Kayfun 5, we'll see. Glad you got it worked out!

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
I got the Serpent Mini shortly before Svoe Mesto announced the KF5 and was a bit disappointed because I got the SM... do you MTL on both tanks or DTL?

To be honest I was a MTL cigarette smoker but have given up trying to vape this way. So now I look for restricted lung draw on all my tanks.

I am very picky with airflow. If it doesnt feel smooth or has micro-gurgles, I cant vape the device because it drives me crazy. With most MTL setups for me, this usually occurs. I am never satisfied with the draw.

I purchased a kayfun mini v3 for this purpose and was let down because when you tighten down the AFC screw to be extremely restricted, while the draw is perfect for MTL. I couldnt use the device that way anymore due to micro-gurgling from the AFC screw.

That was my last try to get a perfect MTL setup. I might be in the minority though because when I MTL, i need it to be super restricted. Im talking like 0.7mm and under airflow. I cant do MTL on anything remotely open.

The kayfun 5, as i described my preference for MTL, simply cannot get tight enough for me. So the only way for me to use it is with DTL draws. I have not tried the MTL kit from svoemesto. All around the kayfun 5 is a great tank for restricted lung draws. Its just so big compared to my new serpent mini.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Maybe I'm missing something, mine has no outer seal (or o-ring) in the top cap. Bothered me from day one, that they would use metal to metal to seal fill cap.

They don't.
The larger ring sits down inside the center cut-out.
The inside of the top-cap should remain dry.

Not saying it always does... just that's how it's supposed to work. ;)

This is a very interesting RTA. I've been looking for a single coil that doesn't require long wicks and is a short tank.
I'm enjoying this Mage RTA at the moment and I like how I can get the coil low enough so that the center of the coil and the juice hole are not to far off center line. I think that's why the flavor is so good.
I just wish the build quality of the Mage was better and the serpent mini is looking like the one.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
They don't.
The larger ring sits down inside the center cut-out.
The inside of the top-cap should remain dry.

Not saying it always does... just that's how it's supposed to work. ;)

I actually had a hard time seeing those o-rings in the top cap at first glace since they were clear colored. They REALLy blend into the metal. I had to do a triple take in order to finally spot them hahaha.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
My stainless are fine. Sorry to hear of black ones. Taking it slow on the highway!
My stainless is working flawlessly. The blacks afc hangs over the bottom of the tank. When you tighten the tank to the mod, the afc will not turn. At first I hated it. But after a full days use, I got use to it and I kinda like it. Ordered my 3rd yesterday.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
My stainless are fine. Sorry to hear of black ones. Taking it slow on the highway!

I don't think I have the only Black one, and Haylon's is the first mention of an almost stuck AFC when mounted. Mine is fine.

I thought earlier that it may have been assembled just slightly too low.
Can't say that's even possible... just a thought.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
My stainless is working flawlessly. The blacks afc hangs over the bottom of the tank. When you tighten the tank to the mod, the afc will not turn. At first I hated it. But after a full days use, I got use to it and I kinda like it. Ordered my 3rd yesterday.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Ha... crossposting. :p

I only ever move mine from full open when I close it to refill.
If that's not needed with your build... it could be tolerable.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Woot, mine finally came in :banana:

Side by side with the Bachelor Nano:

27946060786_4bc5cfe3eb_b.jpg

27946060186_e0b3dc37e3_b.jpg

27367351234_e4c2d314cc_b.jpg

First impression:

I can't believe how tiny it is! The Bachelor Nano is huge compared to the SM.

It was pretty easy to build on, much roomier than I expected after Jim's description. Right now I have a twisted titanium coil in there made of two strands of 29G grade 1 annealed titanium with an inner diameter of 3,5mm and 8 and a half wraps, comes in at 0,48ohm. But I'm fairly confident that I could get a 4mm 10+ wraps in there if I wanted to.

Wicking was easy too, no leaks on the first try and no dry hits so far (I TC though). Flavor seems a bit muted compared to the Bachelor Nano though, but I'm still working in a fresh coil and wick so that might still improve a bit.

It's pretty airy by the way, definitely not a MTL RTA imo. I use it with a MTL driptip from the Bachelor Nano's MTL kit but it still is a little too airy for my taste and I am not even a MTL guy. If I close the airflow down to where I like it it makes a funny noise though, I might have to try reducing the size of the airhole underneath the coil a bit like I've seen mentioned before but I'll play around with it some more first.

The black finnish is totally rubbish, it is already starting to chip in some places. I don't have the issue that the airflow control won't move when screwing it on the mod tightly with mine though.

Alright, I think that covers it for now. I'll be back with more thoughts after I've ran a couple of tanks through this lovely little dwarf.

edit: I haven't seen this mentioned before; but it is really light as well. Makes it much less noticeable in the pocket on a Nugget compared to the BN, and better balanced in the hand.

Last edited:

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Fantastic OhTheAgony. Mine is in pieces. Dropped it last night on the bathroom counter and dumped half the tank. Everything looks fine. I can't even tell where it got smacked. Glass seemed loose, though no sign of damage, so I put on the spare because it seemed a little tighter, but it still only holds half a tank of juice. Wondering if I damaged the connector pin/afc ring or something. Anyone try taking one apart?

Reactions: OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
Sorry to hear about your problems. It's only thin sheet metal everywhere from the feel of it, I'll be very careful with mine.

As it turns out there was a little more to wicking this RTA right then I initially thought though. Mine vaped very dry so I shortened the wicks a bit so they wouldn't run all the way down in to the juice wells and thinned them out a bit at the ends. I'm getting a nicer, wetter vape now. I hope I didn't overdo it and that it'll start leaking now, but we'll see. If it does I'll find a better balance I'm sure.

Got the airflow dialed in better as well now, taste and cloudage is getting very close to the Bachelor already. I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Reactions: Cirus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread