Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
For someone who offers a futon to a guest, yes you are disingenuous. We will be having a vote soon.

:lol:

I only offered the futon because I care; and because I'm that kinda guy, don'tchya know. And loyalty, if I must remind you, I've never pledged (to a mod). My love is such that it can be spread out, equally and unwavering.

And I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE this mod. I'm surprised you don't too, given what appears to be portability rivaled by only a rare few. 150 grams, only slightly larger than a Billet Box, and with the ability to use most toppers (including your beloved Kayfuns) without skipping a beat.

Imagine it in your pocket as you walk the dog-legged fairway. Barely noticeable, yet powerful. Heck - I'd almost bet anything that it shaves a stroke or two off your game!

I will admit my infatuation, and stand proudly before the voting body. Taking absolutely nothing away from my other beloved devices, this one will almost surely be added to the collection. And I'm not ashamed to say it. No I'm not.

:banana::rickroll::vapor:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
:lol:

I only offered the futon because I care; and because I'm that kinda guy, don'tchya know. And loyalty, if I must remind you, I've never pledged (to a mod). My love is such that it can be spread out, equally and unwavering.

And I can already tell that I'm going to LOVE this mod. I'm surprised you don't too, given what appears to be portability rivaled by only a rare few. 150 grams, only slightly larger than a Billet Box, and with the ability to use most toppers (including your beloved Kayfuns) without skipping a beat.

Imagine it in your pocket as you walk the dog-legged fairway. Barely noticeable, yet powerful. Heck - I'd almost bet anything that it shaves a stroke or two off your game!

I will admit my infatuation, and stand proudly before the voting body. Taking absolutely nothing away from my other beloved devices, this one will almost surely be added to the collection. And I'm not ashamed to say it. No I'm not.

:banana::rickroll::vapor:

DP, I watched a video and of course he used a Kayfun with it. It's just not for me. DNA 40 with TC is way above my needs and desires. You can always buy the clone a few weeks after it's released. I see FT has a link about it already.

I might and try to sell my satin silver P3 and buy another P3 TI. I'm in heaven or there abouts with my TI. :party:

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DP, I watched a video and of course he used a Kayfun with it. It's just not for me. DNA 40 with TC is way above my needs and desires. You can always buy the clone a few weeks after it's released. I see FT has a link about it already.

I might and try to sell my satin silver P3 and buy another P3 TI. I'm in heaven or there abouts with my TI. [emoji14]arty:
Nothing to do with the power, but all about the form. No clones here, TYVM.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

I might and try to sell my satin silver P3 and buy another P3 TI. I'm in heaven or there abouts with my TI. :party:

Pingspeed, we love on the Ti as well, but I think that's discussed in a thread over yonder. This one is about the zzzzccchhhhvvvvoooo... I am kurious why you think we'd be interested in a clone. Nuh uh. But I have a feeling you already knew that. ;)

Definitely the least fun....

Altho, when combined with others....

I miss Kata. Always the master of proclivities, him.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Pingspeed, we love on the Ti as well, but I think that's discussed in a thread over yonder. This one is about the zzzzccchhhhvvvvoooo..

No one can pronounce it Kat, so how will you tell anyone what it is?? I'm out of that thread as some silly girl from cali said something about wanting my balls. I'm shocked... Yes I am!!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say it isn't so, Pingness!!!!!!!! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welp, how will I tell people what it is? We just have to force feed the Americanized pronunciation onto the world. Sigh sigh, it will just have to be the X-vo Stick. Maybe it'll just end up the X-Stick, which sounds like......

That's it!!!!! It's the Eggs Stick. Butter and AP free. <grin>

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
elp, how will I tell people what it is? We just have to force feed the Americanized pronunciation onto the world. Sigh sigh, it will just have to be the X-vo Stick. Maybe it'll just end up the X-Stick, which sounds like....

One of the videos in the comments section a guy said the X in Russian is a H. So that makes your mod the Hoe stick? :party:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Calling on @vakaion here, so as not to clutter up the High-End thread.

Vak - please excuse the interruption but K&I and very curious as to your initial impressions with the Xvo. We have some obvious concerns, mainly regarding hand-feel and button placement, but don't know if there's any validity to those concerns.

I know it's very early to even be asking, but we're doing so anyway. :)

@volm, please also feel free to add in your opinions, since I believe you've got one too.

Thanks (in advance)!

DP~

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

And @Pinggolfer , that clone you saw was not this. It was for the original MicroStick (unregulated and well over two years on the market). Just as a FYI ;)

Reactions: Katdarling

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
@DPLongo22 haha no worries, I can give a few impressions.

Well for starters it feels solid, it has some weight to it. Definitely doesn't feel cheap when in the hand, except...

...for those damn buttons! lol
I'm sorry! As I've said before on other threads the buttons are okay, they just don't have that premium-like tactile feel I'm used to.
I'm sure some people will like them, others hate them. Me, I'm just "meh, they work..." when it comes to them.

Placement/ergonomics etc etc etc?
A lot will depend on hand size I guess.
I have reasonably large hands, long fingers. My most comfortable holding position (I'm a lefty :p) has the pinky under the XvoStick supporting the mod, other three fingers wrapped around (index where the atty "cut-out" is, ring finger at the bottom, middle finger on the fire button). I like it, the rounded sides make it feel less "box-like".
Sometimes I do find myself firing with my ring finger instead too, so lets just say it's easy to hold and fire barring anyone who absolutely must press with their thumb or index finger. lol

The up/down buttons are a different story somewhat. I've had no accidental presses while vaping (I don't usually lock the wattage setting), but they are close together and near the fire button which could be an annoyance for some.

The 510 depth adjuster is unusual (loosen a grub screw and turn the outer "disc") but works fine. Those with atomizers that have a fixed positive pin should be fine.

Forget about adjusting AFCs on attys while they're screwed on the XvoStick, it ain't gonna happen! That protective cut-out block you from doing that.

On the subject of airflow, for 22mm attys I find the slight, and I mean slight, of restriction of air. 23mm ones may find a bigger difference, but for smaller than that I can't see an issue there. One bonus though is it stopped my Ubertoot from whistling! lol

I have more to add, but I'll post this first so y'all have something to start with.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
On the topic of batteries. I have used Samsung 25r and LG HE2 (I think that's the ones lol). They fit okay... now.
Initially my 25Rs wouldn't go in. I found the top and bottom halves of the XvoStick were slightly misaligned leaving a ridge in the battery tube.
Undoing the three allen screws on the bottom, removing the base plate, loosening the two "outer" phillips screws a turn, and wiggling the halves lightly fixed it. Just an FYI if anyone else stumbles across that, the tolerances in the tube are tight!
(shine a torch down the tube when you get it and you'll see instantly if there will be a problem)
The DNA screen just sits on the base plate too, so be gentle removing it. ;)

The battery cap is smooth, and easy to undo. It has faint little circle marks in the finger grooves though, I'm not sure if it's decoration or machine marks. Either way I don't like them, I'll polish them out one day. :p

The Xvostick itself seems to have fairly solid connections thus far. To give you an example of the same atty on three different dna mods, all checked multiple times:
Twotonian: always 0.14
XvoStick: always 0.15
rDNA40: varies 0.16-0.17
Up until I got my TT I thought my rDNA had solid readings. >_<

Anyway, to do a TLDR wrap-up?
It's solid, compact and I am glad I got one, but there are some minor quibbles.

Anything else you want to know? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread