Ye ole 317L wire who's using it regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony M

Nov 18, 2013
Oklahoma City, Ok
First I will explain that I have used almost nothing but 317L wire exclusively since 2014. Not because I got cheated by G-plat back in its day, but because a local vape store employee back then was using it and turned me on to some, claiming it to be the best flavor wire he knew of.

He gave me about a 6 inch strip of 22 ga so I went home, coiled it up and in short, haven't looked back since. Flavor hammered from the git go. Though for me, 22 gauge made the vape to hot.

Today I make coils out of it from simple Clapton's to fused staple. The big scare that some put out, said it to be bad and carcinogenic due to chromium or some such thing. I yelled BS back then and still do today, being I just recently (well last month) had my annual chest xray with my physical (along with 4 tubes of blood for blood test.. I'm a Vietnam vet with full medical from the VA and this is what they do to me every year). I'm clean as a new baby... yippy!

Now that I regressed.
I find 317L wire the best wire there is for flavor. it has a little more ramp up time then kanthal but that just takes a little more umph put into it from a vv/vw mod. I use it in temp control on my dna 200s and 250s. Generally I use simple Clapton wire I make on things like a big baby beast rba and many others like it. On my ammit, and Kaylin and others like them, I use fused or staple Clapton's I make. Anyway, just wondering if there is anyone else out there using it like I do.

Sure wish someone was more enthusiastic than I am who would make the exotics using 317L for those that don't know how to make em or are too lazy to do it on their own. Many places you can find and get exotics in kanthal, ni80 and 316. It's not any more work to do 317L. Nothing compares to 317L and around my neck of the woods, EVERYONE I've turned on to 317L hasn't used anything else since... as far as they tell me. There isn't a thing dangerous about it, Well any more dangerous than the other wires we vapers use, if they are at all.

317L for the win

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Tony M

Nov 18, 2013
Oklahoma City, Ok
Nod 316 is okay, but flavor wise, it doesn't hold a candle to 317L . I'd claim it might just be my taste buds, but I've turned so many others on to 317L that make the same remark to me about it, that I can't say it's just my taste buds making me say it. If you haven't tried it, you should. You'd notice a difference in favor real fast, A cleaner and more robust set of flavors come from it. Thanks for your reply Wraith504

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread