Yellow Jacket RDA Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Recently got a Yellow Jacket rda and I just get can’t get good flavor from it so I’m figuring my coil placement isn’t right. For those that have one how do you place your coils? I watched a couple tutorials and I tried placing my coils close to the airflow but the flavor is pretty weak. I’m using 24g kanthal round wire coils with an ID of 2.5mm, the set runs .37ohms. Thanks!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
The yellow jacket has a similar airflow design to the bushido 2. The only way to get flavor from that design is to bring the coils up as high as possible without hitting the "umbrella" . The coils also need to be about half way under the "umbrella". It's not a very good design. Also try some fused claptons. That also might help.

Reactions: greek mule

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I’ll try a set of Clapton’s tomorrow...I’ve got a set I’ve been saving. I watched Jai’s video before I got it which is why I went with smaller ID coils but didn’t have any Clapton wire (or any multi strand wire) and my wire wrapping skills are not on par with my paracording skills ha ha.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have 3mm coils in my Bushido 2 and it works very well if you set the coils how I said. I use my claptons. The Bushido and the yellow jacket have the same airflow. The difference is bushido has a velocity style deck and the yellow jacket is a postless style deck. I hope you get it figured out Icepick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread