Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Good morning everyone.... Welcome Shari. Your choices sound good to me. I have a couple of spinners. I am a chain vaper though and I kinda burn out those spinners quickly So just make sure the other one is always charged. I just started using the evod and like it. It doesn't hold a lot of juice tho so you may be refilling it. The protank seems to be the same but holds more. I didn't read anything about madvapes getting hacked but there has been a lot of credit card fraud. Not just on the forums everywhere. Some started blaming venders... If that is it ignore it. I have placed many orders thru madvapes with no problems. Juices are subjective. Everyone likes something different. Try sample or small amounts of different type of stuff. Because of your allergy you may want to chose with a VG juice rather than PG or at least more VG than most as it is a bit healthier IMO. Also the favors that can melt tanks don't seem to do that anymore but I stay away from the cinnamon and the citrus'. I don't believe in testing fate when a person already has allergies. Good luck girl!!

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Dale and Shari, Aroma's juice with WTA comes in other flavors besides tobacco. Here's a linky. If your order is over $30 the discount code ECF will get you 10% off. Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid All their juice contains PG, though.

Welcome Shari, sounds like you have a plan, hope you have success with it! I love my EVOD.

Crappy day at work so far, feeling sick and have a horrible stomach ache. Might take sick leave, go home, get back in bed. Nah! There's kids at home!

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    If anyone is interested I have some 12mg fruit juices I want to donate to someone here. Grape, strawberry kiwi, and pina colada. Send PM.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Good deal! None for me tho'; I've got juice running outta my ears from all the stuff I had ordered before I came down with the Oral Shingles. Think I'm probably set for juice for the next year or so! :blink: :laugh:

FL Lori

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2012
    Port St Lucie, Florida
    If anyone is interested I have some 12mg fruit juices I want to donate to someone here. Grape, strawberry kiwi, and pina colada. Send PM.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.
    That is very nice of you. Are you changing your nic level level or not fond of fruit flavors?

PaulB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2010
    Virginia
    Dale and Shari, Aroma's juice with WTA comes in other flavors besides tobacco. Here's a linky. If your order is over $30 the discount code ECF will get you 10% off. Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid All their juice contains PG, though.

Yow-- $12 for 10ML! My own DIY mix comes in at something like a dime per ml. Curious as I am to try WTA (very!), those are some powerful prices, even with a 10% coupon. I'm not saying they might be worth it, but it would kick up my liquid costs about 1000% percent. Plus, nothing available over 18mg (I'd probably want 24mg.), and most of the tobaccos that look interesting to me are out of stock.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Yow-- $12 for 10ML! My own DIY mix comes in at something like a dime per ml. Curious as I am to try WTA (very!), those are some powerful prices, even with a 10% coupon. I'm not saying they might be worth it, but it would kick up my liquid costs about 1000% percent. Plus, nothing available over 18mg (I'd probably want 24mg.), and most of the tobaccos that look interesting to me are out of stock.

Give one bottle a shot--I don't think it's necessarily meant for 24/7 use, although you could if you can afford it. I use mine 3x a day (upon waking, after lunch, and before bed) and normal nic juice the rest of the day. It keeps me feeling even-keeled and satisfied without the antsy, jittery feeling that high nic gives me.

Now, I'm doing 18mg normal juice and 12mg WTA and feeling absolutely great!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Hello everyone and welcome to the thread, Shari! I just got home from 2 days of jury duty on a case involving controlled drugs and guns...Yikes! It was interesting to say the least.

I couldn't take my cell phone or PV with me (they don't allow batteries inside the courthouse), or even a lighter for real cigs. We got pretty regular breaks and they even provided lighters to smokers when they went out for a break. Needless to say, I've been smoking instead of vaping mostly for the last 2 days.

I must say it's hard to get back into the vaping habit once you've been only smoking all day. But tonight I'm getting back on the wagon and planning to do the vaping thing as much as possible. I got a couple of new juices, but of course they need to steep.

I HATE steeping!!!!!

Shari, I think your choices of gear are good. I love Evods and ProTanks. Bottom coil is the way to go in my opinion. I hate having to tip and twirl the Vivi Nova. But you'll soon discover that everyone is different and what works for some doesn't do the trick for others. Good luck!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    I stayed up all night reading this thread. It's nice to meet a lot of real people on here. I bought a Blu disposable last week. It did not do the job for me, but got me interested in looking into vaping. I read as much of the newcomers info that I could and read lots of info on many threads and joined ECF last week. I have been a 1.5 to 2 pack a day smoker for over 40 years. I started when I was 11 and loved it. Now it is a love/hate relationship. I did the normal stop stuff: the patches, gum and the current holy grail (chantix). The chantix worked for me the first time. Yup, I quit for six months and was thrilled. Then I had to have major surgery and smoked 3 cigarettes on the drive to the hospital and it was game on. I am pushing 2 pad now. Went back on chantix again and I swear I was suicidal and having bad dreams all the time and it did not work. I got scared and stopped it. I feel like myself again but still smoking up a storm. So I made up my mind that I am going to vape. I researched and think I know what may work for me for my first setup but if you all don't mind I would like your input before I buy it. I don't have a lot of money to spend so I don't want to waste it on stuff that will set me up to fail. I know it is off thread but from what I read here I think I trust your opinions more here than in some of the other areas right now. I don't want to be sold on the latest-greatest dodad. Well, here goes,

1300 Spinner 2 of them
    Kanger T3 and Evod
    This is a kit from Madvapes and comes with a charger.

Kanger ProTank for all the plastic melting juices I want to try. Madvapes also claims to have a pyrex Mini Vivi Nova. Which is better?
    Also, I just read that Madvapes just got hacked. Is it safe to order from them now?

Juices from Mt. Baker Vapor and WTA stuff that you have been talking about. Where you getting that stuff?

I would like to do the dripping for all the different flavors but is that too complicated? I am not technically inclined but it looks like I may have to learn to be successful at this.

I would love your suggestions and feedback. I would like to order this stuff this week so I can get started. I am excited about this and finding this thread and all of you. Thank you for letting me go on.

Nice to meet you and welcome to the vapers club! :) The spinner/twist/evod combo is a really good one--I have the 1300 mAh spinner/evods and they are perfect for me. Easy peasy, no fuss no muss.

I wish you the best of luck on this journey--you may surprise yourself and be done with smokes within a day or two, but like many of us you may not. Depending on what your goals are, vaping definitely is a great alternative whether you want to reduce your smoking or quit altogether. Everyone here is great and we all have different perspectives on this, so if you need anyting just holler. :vapor:

ShariR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Thank you all for the quick feedback. I am feeling pretty pleased with myself that the choices I am making have not gotten any "oh no! don't do that!" feedback. The constant reading really helps. I am a stress smoker and having been dealing with a triple dose lately. I have smoke 2 packs in the last day and a half just trying to decide what to buy. If I get one each of the Evod, T3 and Vivi Nova how many extra heads should I buy for each? How long do these things tend to last? I don't want to get everything and in a week find I broke the stuff and have no backup. Now off on the hunt for juice. Did most of you start with 18 or 24% nic? Or should I get both, just in case.

I can't wait to start vaping so I can actually talk about something other than this. My head is so full of new info and my DH thinks I am literally connected to the computer. So far he has the patience of a saint, wait until the credit card bill comes in!!! I had better start making him some nicer dinners and give him a couple of backrubs - ha ha.

Dale, I hope your mouth is getting better. I had a family member with shingles and she said it was one of the most painful things she ever had. And some doctors don't want to help people with pain anymore with all the paperwork and regulations over anything more than an advil. My dentist broke my bottom denture the day before we had to fly out for DH father's funeral last month and I have been a toothless wonder for a while. You would think I would lose some weight because I can't eat hardly anything. No way. I just eat all the soft crap that is fattening. Afraid to go back to him for the permanent dentures since he screwed up the temporaries so bad. And he won't give us back our money either. You should have seen me at that funeral with 150 people that don't know me and family members we haven't seen for over a year. And a sit down dinner - ha. I went and ate in another room so no one could see me struggle. But I smiled at their comments and just kept on keeping on. And smoked up a storm. Thank goodness I don't drink, that would have been a sight.

Lori, cancer is a _itch. That's what we lost Dad to last month. And we have two others at various stages. I truly feel for you and your pain and small joys. It's so hard to see someone you love suffer and I know you suffer with him. PM me if you need to vent.

FL Lori

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 8, 2012
    Port St Lucie, Florida
    Thank you all for the quick feedback. I am feeling pretty pleased with myself that the choices I am making have not gotten any "oh no! don't do that!" feedback. The constant reading really helps. I am a stress smoker and having been dealing with a triple dose lately. I have smoke 2 packs in the last day and a half just trying to decide what to buy. If I get one each of the Evod, T3 and Vivi Nova how many extra heads should I buy for each? How long do these things tend to last? I don't want to get everything and in a week find I broke the stuff and have no backup. Now off on the hunt for juice. Did most of you start with 18 or 24% nic? Or should I get both, just in case.

I can't wait to start vaping so I can actually talk about something other than this. My head is so full of new info and my DH thinks I am literally connected to the computer. So far he has the patience of a saint, wait until the credit card bill comes in!!! I had better start making him some nicer dinners and give him a couple of backrubs - ha ha.

Dale, I hope your mouth is getting better. I had a family member with shingles and she said it was one of the most painful things she ever had. And some doctors don't want to help people with pain anymore with all the paperwork and regulations over anything more than an advil. My dentist broke my bottom denture the day before we had to fly out for DH father's funeral last month and I have been a toothless wonder for a while. You would think I would lose some weight because I can't eat hardly anything. No way. I just eat all the soft crap that is fattening. Afraid to go back to him for the permanent dentures since he screwed up the temporaries so bad. And he won't give us back our money either. You should have seen me at that funeral with 150 people that don't know me and family members we haven't seen for over a year. And a sit down dinner - ha. I went and ate in another room so no one could see me struggle. But I smiled at their comments and just kept on keeping on. And smoked up a storm. Thank goodness I don't drink, that would have been a sight.

Lori, cancer is a _itch. That's what we lost Dad to last month. And we have two others at various stages. I truly feel for you and your pain and small joys. It's so hard to see someone you love suffer and I know you suffer with him. PM me if you need to vent.

Thank you Shari. that's very nice of you. Needless to say I am sorry both for your loss and continued worry. Now go place some orders. :D I usually buy 3 extra atomizers for every tank. The. better daily care they get the longer they last. Rinse them between fills so they don't get too (technical term coming) goopy. ;)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    ShariR, what do you smoke? 18 & 24mg is pretty high up there. That's pretty much a full fledge cig:)
    I smoked ultra lights & lights, all my juices are 6mg & 12mg. Figure a week on the heads unless you're planning on a lot of dark juices, then it might be less:( I really don't know, mine seem to last longer than most people say so wait until someone else comments!:unsure:

Thank you for the good wishes:)

That's a hoot about your denture's .... yep! You're gonna fit in quite nicely with this crowd!:D

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hello everyone and welcome to the thread, Shari! I just got home from 2 days of jury duty on a case involving controlled drugs and guns...Yikes! It was interesting to say the least.

I must say it's hard to get back into the vaping habit once you've been only smoking all day. But tonight I'm getting back on the wagon and planning to do the vaping thing as much as possible. I got a couple of new juices, but of course they need to steep.

!

Now ain't that the truth!!! :laugh:

ShariR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    So for your entertainment - the cigarette gods are out in full force today. Or maybe I am catching some of that karma from poor Jesus flying under the front seat - idk. I had the wrong website for the Spinners but I found the right one, MyVaporStore. You'll never guess....
    Yup. They are closed until at least the 23rd because they are moving. So, I guess it's next week for the big switch. Lot's of other places are out of the Spinner and I don't want to order from 10 different places. I won't order the other stuff until I know I am getting the Spinners. It would kill me to get my juices and Mini Nova and not be able to use it. And then I will go to my local shop and buy a device I do not want. So we wait............ and I smoke.................... and I look around here and get myself more confused.

I smoke Marlboro Gold 100s. Can't get the lights here anymore. Found a link that list the nicotine, tar and other something in all the major brands. The link is: www.pw1.netcom.com/rdavis2/cigra.html. Right before the rdavis is what looks like a squiggly hyphen. Marlboro is sneaky. On their website I tried to look it up and they say that since the Fed Govt does not require them to provide that info for the past few years, they will not provide it on any of their products. On the site I listed the Lights were .8 mg nic, the Golds are 1.2 mg nic. No wonder they refuse to let people see that info any more. So it looks like I've been smoking full strength cigs for the last couple of years. Just kill me quicker now. God only knows what else they are putting in there since they don't have to disclose info anymore.

DH is bouncing off the walls all day (and night now). Our airconditioner stopped participating in normal airconditioner activities. So the get comes out and fixes it today and tells DH they the whole unit may not make it to winter. It's hit it's normal life span and it's $6k to replace it. Wow! So I stay out of his way for a few hours and make him (the DH not the airconditioner guy :laugh:) and start telling him about my experiences on ECF and the variety of people I am meeting and how I want to show him some pics of the different setups and to watch a Pbusardo video (I think he's a hoot)... So, what does he do? He starts laughing so hard he spits food out of his mouth and says that maybe he should take me to a head shop and buy me a ...., etc. I was shocked. I really thought he was going to give me a hard time about this because I told him this wouldn't be cheap. Then again, I started asking him about what kind of tools he has on his workbench in the garage and if he still has that dremel I gave him for Christmas 5 years ago. And he was going to have to buy me a big magnifier that I could put on a vise on HIS workbench so I could rebuild my Evods, etc. Well. I think he thinks I am cute because he thinks I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag. I told him he was going to have to find a new place to drink his beer and listen to his music because I was going to be needing to use his workbench. He is getting a kick out of all this. Now I am on a mission. I will learn how to do that stuff. I can do that stuff if I could just see it. I'll have to cut my fingernails off so I can grip the little stuff properly. Did you know that there's some people on here that are building wicks out of cotton balls? He almost fell on the floor. Says I've lost it. But I got him laughing. So my vaping career is looking better than I thought. Isn't old age lovely.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Sound like you've got a great hubby! Mine asked me not to "make him" vape any more and pretty much leaves me to my own devices. Except to ask how much all this is costing :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the smoke gods giving you grief....you can think of it this way: You've been smoking how many years? A couple of weeks more and you can give those buggers the finger. :ohmy:

ShariR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    But i HATE waiting. And I love shopping. You should see me when I get those $10 Kohls cards in the mail. I am there for a couple of hours and I always come home with something that costs me less than $2 after taxes. Sometimes it's a tshirt for DH, sometimes a new kitchen utensil or a new top for myself. They are losing money on me. And I have lots of cotton balls! This gonna be fun.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    But i HATE waiting. And I love shopping. You should see me when I get those $10 Kohls cards in the mail. I am there for a couple of hours and I always come home with something that costs me less than $2 after taxes. Sometimes it's a tshirt for DH, sometimes a new kitchen utensil or a new top for myself. They are losing money on me. And I have lots of cotton balls! This gonna be fun.

I love your sense of humor Shari! Keep up the good work:laugh:
    Sorry about those Spinner's tho' :( Do you have it set up to be notified when they get more?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread