Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
That's the same company that showed over 300 in stock on January 12 and I called them (see my previous post of January 12) they had zero... they update their web page to "out of stock" two days later so it was still just "pre-order....

Seems they done it again.... back to pre-order once again...

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
SXmini G Class - Review
2017-01-25 11.34.28.jpg

In my review of the Q mini I spoke about Yihi improving on a tried and tested formula, each new model from the M class to the Q mini an evolution of the last. The G class bucks the trend and is a big departure in design for YiHi and the SXmini series.
Initial impressions are great, usual quality packaging, comes with a pull out colour manual, warranty card and like the Q mini, a top quality gold plated braided USB cable, although this time it's a USB 3.0 Type C!
2017-01-25 11.28.53.jpg

It feels absolutely grand in the hand. I have the carbon version and you'll be happy to hear it's real carbon fibre not a cheap sticker, it looks and feels great. Fit & finish on this mod is superb, no blemishes, no rattles whatsoever and the screen is perfectly straight. I am surprised how much I like the light up SXmini logo, it looks quality, really sets the mod off a treat. At present there is no option to turn it on or off but maybe that will be added later although I'll be keeping mine on! Even with the bright screen and back lit logo which will be sucking up some precious battery power I've noticed no difference in vaping time to my Q mini.
2017-01-25 13.41.15.jpg

It has a nice weight to it, it's on the heavier side but feels rock solid, here it is with and without batteries...
2017-01-25 11.48.21.jpg

And for a size comparison here it is next to a single 18650 device the Provari Radius and another dual 18650 the Q mini.
2017-01-25 11.39.57.jpg

2017-01-25 11.38.49.jpg

The G Class uses the SX550J board, the specs are very familiar, comparing it to the SX450J-BT it is still 200 Watts powered by dual 18650 batteries, has all the same memory settings, sxi-Q, Bluetooth and is compatible with the new phone app. As you would expect it performs superbly, you get the same quality vape you have got used to from SXmini mods.
2017-01-25 13.39.01.jpg

So what are the big changes? The first thing that jumps out at you is the beautiful colour HD screen, I tried to capture some pics to show off the resolution, a good example is the wallpaper with lots of little SXmini logos in the background. It really is very crisp and can be extremely bright on the highest setting, easily viewable in direct sunlight. Here is a small sample of the wallpapers, there is currently a selection of 30, I hope to be able to add custom screens soon as the option isn't there yet.
2017-01-25 12.22.55.jpg

The next big improvement is a surprise for me, I wasn't sure about the idea of a joystick but wow this thing is awesome, with up/down/left/right and also being a button pressed in, it means you can do most things directly on the main screen with no need to dive in to the extensive menus. Yihi have also done a brilliant job, it's a very solid joystick and super responsive, I really love this new addition to a mod!
2017-01-25 13.48.55.jpg

The menu is very easy to navigate thanks to the joystick and design, it took me a matter of minutes to get used to it and start zooming through the different options. Too much to list but there are some really nice touches, my favourite is the lock screen can be an analogue or digital clock! You can change the style of fonts, although only 2 are present so far I do look forward to being able to really customise all the screens. Also impressive is it comes pre installed with 10 different languages.
2017-01-25 13.35.08.jpg

The fire button took a bit of getting used to, it doesn't have the same stiff click like on previous SXmini mods, a much softer press than before but this suits the style of the mod and the way you hold it. On top we have the same top notch self adjusting deep 510 but this time we have an insanely large 31mm stainless steel plate. You'll have a real job finding anything that will overhang on this beast!

After using a few mods with this style battery door alarm bells rung when I first saw the G class, let's just say I've not been impressed in the past. Yihi nailed it, really solid click when it closes, sprung loaded door and latch and it appears to be extremely well thought out. I'll be interested to see its durability over the coming months.

USB type C is awesome, about time every mod and gadget in general adopted it, the joy of putting in a usb first time haha no wrong way up anymore!

I can say for me, the G class really feels new, it's been a while since I've felt like I'm using something really different, be it Provari, Dicodes or DNA they are all so familiar now, the G class with its joystick, USB type C, extensive menu and beautiful HD colour screen, it just really feels NEW!
Positives
  • Bright, colour HD screen
  • Customisable, wallpapers, fonts etc..
  • Joystick control
  • USB type C with included gold plated, braided cable.
  • 2a Balanced Charging
  • Bluetooth and phone app
  • 31mm top cap/plate
  • The usual suspects, presentation, 510, buttons, no rattle, fit & finish, SX550J board
  • Accuracy, battery life and performance.
Negatives
  • No android app yet, it will be available March though.
  • Cant add custom wallpapers yet.
  • 31mm top cap can dwarf 22mm atties, beauty rings will be on my shopping list.
If your in the UK then the one & only Cremedevape have stock of the G Class right now priced at £199.
YiHi SXmini G-Class - Carbon Fibre - Creme de Vape
Ive read that varitube will have stock very soon for you folks in the States and have only read good things about them, priced at $219
YiHi G-Class 200W Temperature Control Mod

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Nice review @HandsomeStan .

How is the battery life? Does the screen and logo effect it negatively? When I see a big color screen and the logo on the back that lights up, my first thought was, I wonder if that kills the battery life?

PS My smart phone (Android) uses a USB C cord and I like it a lot. The only negative is if you are out and about and need to charge it, almost no one has one. I wish more things used the USB C cord.

Cheers,
Steve

Reactions: HandsomeStan

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Very nice review @HandsomeStan !!
I was really hoping to be able to upload my own wallpapers, a shame that didn't make it out of the gate.....but I am hopefull it will be added in an update.
Was aiming for a black leather one, but those pictures of yours make me doubt again...maybe I should switch to the carbon? Also helps that that one seems to be available first, no sign of the leather ones yet.......we'll see when my local supplier get theirs :)

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Nice review @HandsomeStan .

How is the battery life? Does the screen and logo effect it negatively? When I see a big color screen and the logo on the back that lights up, my first thought was, I wonder if that kills the battery life?

PS My smart phone (Android) uses a USB C cord and I like it a lot. The only negative is if you are out and about and need to charge it, almost no one has one. I wish more things used the USB C cord.

Cheers,
Steve
Cheers Steve, I missed that so did a quick edit ;)

Yeah I was worried too, seriously though I've had my screen set mid way on 5 (scale of 0-10) and timeout on standard and I've not noticed any difference in battery life compared to my Q mini.

I mean it must be stealing some power but vaping at 19-20 Watts dual 18650 lasts me 1.5-2 days and this is equal to that.

Yup usb type c is quality, about time phones, consoles etc... All adopted it! :thumb:

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Very nice review @HandsomeStan !!
I was really hoping to be able to upload my own wallpapers, a shame that didn't make it out of the gate.....but I am hopefull it will be added in an update.
Was aiming for a black leather one, but those pictures of yours make me doubt again...maybe I should switch to the carbon? Also helps that that one seems to be available first, no sign of the leather ones yet.......we'll see when my local supplier get theirs :)
Nice one bud, it's really good quality carbon fibre mate, I should think it will be more durable than leather too. Yeah custom wallpapers is a must, with the hd screen we aill actually be able to add some decnt pics, Id like to be able to pick different layouts of the info too. You might be waiting a bit for leather as its the chinese new year, everything is shut down till early february.

I'm tempted by a leather one, it's such a nice mod that I could do with a back up :lol: I do like how leather ages too, interested in the quality of the leather used, ill keep an eye out for the final version.

Last edited:

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
I really wished they made this mod with triple 18650 or a 3s lipo...@9.5 max volts, for a power VAPER like my self @80-100watts I don't think this mod would last me half a day or less a day... Very nice mod though,it really made the others look OLD...
Good review handsomestan...

[emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I really wished they made this mod with triple 18650 or a 3s lipo...@9.5 max volts, for a power VAPER like my self @80-100watts I don't think this mod would last me half a day or less a day... Very nice mod though,it really made the others look OLD...
Good review handsomestan...

[emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]
I've no experience vaping at those wattages, you'll definitely rinse through the batteries though bud. What I can say is the battery door is really nice to use so changing batts is nice & quick but also the 2a charging is super fast!!

I know we are always warned against charging on a mod but my experience with the Q mini and the G class is the balanced charging works very well. After charging is complete they are either bang on or different by 0.01 volts when stuck on my nitecore or xtar charger.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
@HandsomeStan I have 2 questions:
- you mentioned you had to shop for beauty rings for smaller atties...it didn't come with one?
- could you perhaps post a picture with a black tank, I'm curious how it would look on the Carbon version.....
Yeah still on the hunt for a decent 30mm-22mm that doesn't have any "bling" on it, it doesn't come with a beauty ring although Yihi are going to be selling a 30mm-25mm but it's not to my taste.
I only have the Griffin 25 in black, hope this is helpful?
2017-01-25 17.07.59.jpg

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Yeah still on the hunt for a decent 30mm-22mm that doesn't have any "bling" on it, it doesn't come with a beauty ring although Yihi are going to be selling a 30mm-25mm but it's not to my taste.
View attachment 630791

Very helpful, thanks! looks great with a black tank!
If you fid a beauty ring without bling plz let me know....they all seem to have some sort of gemmie things on them :-( I'll start looking too :)

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
SXmini G Class - Review
View attachment 630717
In my review of the Q mini I spoke about Yihi improving on a tried and tested formula, each new model from the M class to the Q mini an evolution of the last. The G class bucks the trend and is a big departure in design for YiHi and the SXmini series.
Initial impressions are great, usual quality packaging, comes with a pull out colour manual, warranty card and like the Q mini, a top quality gold plated braided USB cable, although this time it's a USB 3.0 Type C!
View attachment 630725
It feels absolutely grand in the hand. I have the carbon version and you'll be happy to hear it's real carbon fibre not a cheap sticker, it looks and feels great. Fit & finish on this mod is superb, no blemishes, no rattles whatsoever and the screen is perfectly straight. I am surprised how much I like the light up SXmini logo, it looks quality, really sets the mod off a treat. At present there is no option to turn it on or off but maybe that will be added later although I'll be keeping mine on! Even with the bright screen and back lit logo which will be sucking up some precious battery power I've noticed no difference in vaping time to my Q mini.
View attachment 630747
It has a nice weight to it, it's on the heavier side but feels rock solid, here it is with and without batteries...
View attachment 630731
And for a size comparison here it is next to a single 18650 device the Provari Radius and another dual 18650 the Q mini.
View attachment 630733
View attachment 630735
The G Class uses the SX550J board, the specs are very familiar, comparing it to the SX450J-BT it is still 200 Watts powered by dual 18650 batteries, has all the same memory settings, sxi-Q, Bluetooth and is compatible with the new phone app. As you would expect it performs superbly, you get the same quality vape you have got used to from SXmini mods.
View attachment 630749
So what are the big changes? The first thing that jumps out at you is the beautiful colour HD screen, I tried to capture some pics to show off the resolution, a good example is the wallpaper with lots of little SXmini logos in the background. It really is very crisp and can be extremely bright on the highest setting, easily viewable in direct sunlight. Here is a small sample of the wallpapers, there is currently a selection of 30, I hope to be able to add custom screens soon as the option isn't there yet.
View attachment 630723
The next big improvement is a surprise for me, I wasn't sure about the idea of a joystick but wow this thing is awesome, with up/down/left/right and also being a button pressed in, it means you can do most things directly on the main screen with no need to dive in to the extensive menus. Yihi have also done a brilliant job, it's a very solid joystick and super responsive, I really love this new addition to a mod!
View attachment 630751
The menu is very easy to navigate thanks to the joystick and design, it took me a matter of minutes to get used to it and start zooming through the different options. Too much to list but there are some really nice touches, my favourite is the lock screen can be an analogue or digital clock! You can change the style of fonts, although only 2 are present so far I do look forward to being able to really customise all the screens. Also impressive is it comes pre installed with 10 different languages.
View attachment 630753
The fire button took a bit of getting used to, it doesn't have the same stiff click like on previous SXmini mods, a much softer press than before but this suits the style of the mod and the way you hold it. On top we have the same top notch self adjusting deep 510 but this time we have an insanely large 31mm stainless steel plate. You'll have a real job finding anything that will overhang on this beast!

After using a few mods with this style battery door alarm bells rung when I first saw the G class, let's just say I've not been impressed in the past. Yihi nailed it, really solid click when it closes, sprung loaded door and latch and it appears to be extremely well thought out. I'll be interested to see its durability over the coming months.

USB type C is awesome, about time every mod and gadget in general adopted it, the joy of putting in a usb first time haha no wrong way up anymore!

I can say for me, the G class really feels new, it's been a while since I've felt like I'm using something really different, be it Provari, Dicodes or DNA they are all so familiar now, the G class with its joystick, USB type C, extensive menu and beautiful HD colour screen, it just really feels NEW!
Positives
  • Joystick control
  • 2a Balanced Charging
  • 31mm top cap/plate
  • The usual suspects, presentation, 510, buttons, no rattle, fit & finish, SX550J board
Negatives
If your in the UK then the one & only Cremedevape have stock of the G Class right now priced at £199.
Ive read that varitube will have stock very soon for you folks in the States and have only read good things about them, priced at $219

Excellent review. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. Sounds like I'll have to wait till February because I want a leather one. :thumb:

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Excellent review. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. Sounds like I'll have to wait till February because I want a leather one. :thumb:
You'll love it mate, it's a quality piece!

Might be worth changing the thread title, the G+ doesn't exist anymore. Talking of which I think they have scrapped the I class too.

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
You'll love it mate, it's a quality piece!

Might be worth changing the thread title, the G+ doesn't exist anymore. Talking of which I think they have scrapped the I class too.

Yeah I guess I should get a moderator to change the title. I heard the scrapped the I class. I guess there wasn't enough interest in it. That's OK, I wasn't interested either. lol

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
View attachment 630791
I have a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme in Gunmetal. I bet it would look great on that mod.

PS If the picture of the mods bothers anyone here, I can try to edit/crop the photo so only the RTA's are shown. It's the only picture I have with the Gunmetal and Black together.

Gunmetal on the Left, Black on the Right.
IMG_20170119_204746_zpshqnz7yi0.jpg

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
I have a 25mm Aromamizer Supreme in Gunmetal. I bet it would look great on that mod.

PS If the picture of the mods bothers anyone here, I can try to edit/crop the photo so only the RTA's are shown. It's the only picture I have with the Gunmetal and Black together.

Gunmetal on the Left, Black on the Right.
IMG_20170119_204746_zpshqnz7yi0.jpg
Nothing wrong with other mods popping up imo, the therion and flask are both great bits of kit!
Yeah that gunmetal colour is spot on, would look awesome, and there is the new 30mm version which is a match made in heaven for the G class! (I have that abalone, drip tip good taste my friend ;))

SXmini G Class - Review
View attachment 630717
View attachment 630725
View attachment 630747
View attachment 630731
View attachment 630733
View attachment 630735
View attachment 630749
View attachment 630723
View attachment 630751
View attachment 630753

Positives
  • Joystick control
  • 2a Balanced Charging
  • 31mm top cap/plate
Negatives
I'd like to add a few negatives I've found that are all software related that could be addressed in next update.
1. YIHI needs to install Novice operation feature, it's a excellent feature for those who need a basic operation.
2. YIHI needs to fix display, when in wattage/power mode, screen also displays all temp control settings.
3. YIHI needs to adjust font sizes on display, especially joule counter.
4. YIHI needs to lower display timer from 30 sec, to 0 sec. Also like to have option to shut off LED logo.
These above items I mentioned I feel would make this amazing device that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread