Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Ya, this. I have a lot of Dicodes, In The Beginning, I was never gonna take the #6 out with me, these days it's also rattling around in Jeep's cup-holder as I drive. I was gonna order a case/leather wrap for it about 15 times, but it's always hurry up and wait in endless private facebook groups; I was gonna order some cup-holder that fit the #6, but never got around to it either, and TBH I've done pretty much nothing, it gets treated with not the greatest care, and nothing bad has ever happened to it, despite being dropped a bunch of times (hello, gravity, meet Heavy metaL. BoOM cr4SH). The bottom laser-etched dicodes Germany is starting to fade across the top of the font a little bit from coming into contact with my fingers about 50,000 times, but that's about it. Same story with every Dicodes devices I have, Dani box, Dani extreme, etc, etc. They take a lot of abuse and just keep working.

View attachment 637081

I want to get the G, not so much to use it, but just to collect it; my vaping needs are easily met by 60watts. I'm thinking I'll wait a few months until the G mostly works a little bit better, cuz the reviews and these comments are not super-awesome.
yeah hers is the non-26650 one, other than some scuffs and whatnot it looks new. I personally don't use them anymore but I appreciate that they're one of the few mods that "you get what you pay for" is actually true. pretty sure the dani box could give the radius a run for its money for most durable mod.

as far as the G class, the little voice in my head is telling me to run out and buy one but I just need it to do more tbh, rn the two best things about it are just for show. I tried the q 450, and I was impressed on the tc over the m 350 (last one I had, terrible rattlesnake TC mode). this is a situation where you could actualy do much more without having to plug into a PC, ex. custom power range, on the fly preheat adjustment, custom tfr ranges. tfr range is an important one for me, I don't TC without it, unfortunately dna boards remain the only ones to do it properly... anyways once yihi decide to actually take advantage of this board's potential, i'll def. buy one... I know they promised all that stuff, just want to be sure they actually have it in the works

Reactions: Eskie

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yihi replied, and I sent them a link to the video. As everything else is working, I'm really hoping they can fix this without sending it back. I've already grown attached to it :D I guess I'm getting ready to see how good they are for CS. So far so good. :)

I do like the iPhone app. Adjusting the parameters are a snap. The power curve software was a little to get used to ( about 10 mins ), but I got it down. It feels more like the DNA preheat now.

And yeah, that battery door.. At first I was a little put off, but if it were a snap type it would wear down. I would likely close it the same way as I do now anyway.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
LOL, or I'd have a good excuse :)
question, when you get the time would you do me a favor and look in your owners manual. I notice on varitubes sight it says the ohms for tc is 1.0, yihiecigar sight says .3 just curious because I would think that would make a difference on how well it works. thanks

Reactions: RANGERmsr

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Ummm...they're both "wrong"

IMG_3343.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I call misprint. Kinda like the TFT ips HD screen. Someone should really have taken a little more time proofreading.

What I truly don't understand is why any of these companies, whether a high volume low price, or a high end low run manufacturer can't spend an extra few bucks on a proper translator to review their stuff before it's out the door (and Google Translate doesn't count).

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
mongo74 beat me to it. Nice :D

I read that too, and I was a little shocked TBH. I am currently running a build @ .33 SS so not so sure this info is correct. I may put a higher ohm build in it later this evening to test that theory, but I call misprint too. More likely Varitube got it right :) Maybe they actually tested it? lol

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I've run 1.8ohm SS430 builds on a SX350JV1 with Joules. The key here is that the higher the resistance of the coil the lower the available wattage. The displayed chart is from the days of Ni200.

The YiHi chips do have a fairly high maximum output voltage of 9.5V.

(YiHi really ought to update this stuff. It ain't like its a inexpensive mod)

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.
    I call misprint. Kinda like the TFT ips HD screen. Someone should really have taken a little more time proofreading.

What I truly don't understand is why any of these companies, whether a high volume low price, or a high end low run manufacturer can't spend an extra few bucks on a proper translator to review their stuff before it's out the door (and Google Translate doesn't count).
    go to yihi websight .3 is what it says for joules

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.

yihiecigar (manufacturer) says .3

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    yihiecigar (manufacturer) says .3

Just because they say so doesn't necessarily make it true. It should, but sadly doesn't. A high end mod that can't handle a TC coil with a resistance of greater than 0.3 ohm couldn't, and shouldn't, be offering it for sale and should be deeply ashamed at such a limitation.

Yeah, sounds like the old Ni figures that just carried over. Not the worst error in editing, but it is if it's true.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread