YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Texas
Got mine in.. With a sense Blazer 200 tank (taking a break from rtas cause I'm feeling lazy) after using my Mad Modder dna200s it's kinda nice to have something this small

I'm in love.
492e0089baac3a2687ce1af7b894f70f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Got mine in.. With a sense Blazer 200 tank (taking a break from rtas cause I'm feeling lazy) after using my Mad Modder dna200s it's kinda nice to have something this small

I'm in love.
492e0089baac3a2687ce1af7b894f70f.jpg

Really. you have the wrong screen and the wrong font. lol I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.. But I am starting to think it is smarter than me.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
So I gave up on waiting for the black leather and instead picked one up in cf at a bit of a discount, I'm going to be taking it apart and stripping off the flaky grey paint... They guy I'm getting it from had an issue with Bluetooth and then an issue with the firmware that required board replacements & sending it back and forth a couple of times... Decided he wasn't too impressed and to sell it.... hopefully this time is the last but they're working on it now. Thing is, I'm not getting it with any crazy expectations, I already know my dna's are going to out perform it in TC but I'm *hoping* that yihi get their stuff together and take advantage of this potentially game changing platform.

Remind me to post pics once I'm done stripping it down.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Did you have the m class with the rattlesnake TC? I had one of those for a bit, I really wanted to like it bc it looked cool, but the TC was garbage... I ended up selling it, the one good thing is people do like them so they hold their value, but between that and the (riddled with problems) DNA40 of the time there wasn't a decent choice. But, right after that the DNA boards came out with custom TFR maps so I finally gave up looking for acceptable TC.

The paint thing is a bit of a common theme though, from what I've seen of them, which is why I'm going to strip mine. One of these days these these guys will figure out how to paint a freaking mod, like the old school buzz pro, I saw one of those a bit ago that looked like it hadn't aged a day, compared with a 30 day old cuboid or alien that looks like it got in a fight with the floor...

Last edited:
Reactions: Car147

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
The M class is not as capable as the 350J V2 and later mods. The board went from 12 to 16 bit ADC which is 16x higher resolution. Also likely why they never added SS mode directly, as it's not quite accurate enough.

Yihi samples at 48kHz - I believe Joyetech RX is 12 bit 1kHz for comparison. (768x less data)

The later boards can hang with any DNA imho. Haven't seen any published specs for their data acquisition but read somewhere it was a 1kHz sampling rate. Anybody know?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Got my G today and discovered they painted the stainless steel on the brown G too. It's a light gray color. I'll post photos later when I get a chance. I also discovered getting it try connect with my phone is a bit tricky. It connected once and then disconnected and I haven't been able to connect it since. Followed the instructions but so far no luck. Has anyone else had a problem connecting?

Last edited:

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
Got my G today and discovered they painted the stainless steel on it too. It's a light gray color. I'll post photos later when I get a chance. I also discovered getting it try connect with my phone is a bit tricky. It connected once and then disconnected and I haven't been able to connect it since. Followed the instructions but so far no luck. Has anyone else had a problem connecting?
Yeah, I found the mod disconnects from BT when the display turns off. Had to do BT Restore (+5 sec fire button) to connect again. I now max the Standby Time when I'm using the app. Software needs polish still.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
The M class is not as capable as the 350J V2 and later mods. The board went from 12 to 16 bit ADC which is 16x higher resolution. Also likely why they never added SS mode directly, as it's not quite accurate enough.

Yihi samples at 48kHz - I believe Joyetech RX is 12 bit 1kHz for comparison. (768x less data)

The later boards can hang with any DNA imho. Haven't seen any published specs for their data acquisition but read somewhere it was a 1kHz sampling rate. Anybody know?
It's not really the the specs on the board, it's just the way it does tc that makes it the best, as long as you have the correct TFR map for the correct material, it just works flawlessly every time... No cotton burn test, no fiddling around with tcr when going in/outside or when the coil gets slightly gunked etc, it just... works. In fact I've even have no trouble with questionable fasttech wires that confuse the hell out of tcr mods... If the wire is *too* far off from the map it has then it will throw you out of TC, but I've had that happen once with a really questionable "316L" clapton from FT, and I've been using them exclusively for a long time now.

Now that doesnt mean that yihi couldn't do it, in fact this board was supposed to have it along with power curve adjustments, but I suspect they will add it later, with this board it'd be stupid not to and it'd be nice to finally have another choice besides dna mods.

For now I'm just gonna use mine in tcr, first tcr mod I've had in a long time but I can't go back to non-TC, just can't. But I'm thinking I'll use a higher tcr wire like nifethal or resistherm and that should make up for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperspace

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
but also to add I think it was one of the texas instruments board that had the best specs I've seen so far on one of these vaping boards. That board had on screen TFR adjustment, ofc you couldn't fine tune it like you can with a dna but it should be still effective.

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I've had a couple of DNA 200 chips toast out on me... And a couple of the 350j v1s

Yeah, there is no such thing as a mod with 0 failures, they all have problems to varying degrees.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States

I am actually more impressed with the 550 chip over the 450 chip I had in the Q Mini. I thought they were supposed to perform the same but that wasn't my experience.

I feel the TC performance of the G Class matches my DNA250 and FSK mods, didn't feel that way with the Q Mini though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Got my G today and discovered they painted the stainless steel on it too. It's a light gray color. I'll post photos later when I get a chance. I also discovered getting it try connect with my phone is a bit tricky. It connected once and then disconnected and I haven't been able to connect it since. Followed the instructions but so far no luck. Has anyone else had a problem connecting?
My one that I bought originally had that problem, my coworker had connected it to my other coworkers iPhone when he first got it and was all excited, except it kept reconnecting and disconnected her earphones. Ended up having the board swapped.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yeah, I found the mod disconnects from BT when the display turns off. Had to do BT Restore (+5 sec fire button) to connect again. I now max the Standby Time when I'm using the app. Software needs polish still.

I finally got it connected. Just kept playing with it and it finally connected. I suspect the software could use some fine tuning. This mod is starting to grow on me now. Compare to the Q class I like having the fire button on the front of the mod instead of the side like the Q. I know some complained about the battery door but I have to say I like it.

After looking at it some more I'd say the stainless steel on the brown G is a titanium color.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowerHead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread