Not open for further replies.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
but yeah I gotta be able to vape my tanks down to nothing or I can't vape with cotton, bc it's going to happen regardless... I'm too add and too busy during the day.

rn dna or joye/wismec w/ a ArcticFox flash are the best option for me to take w/ me for work. As long as I have a csv loaded for the wire type and batteries it will work no matter where I take it and last me a good long time. The dna boards, as long as they're put in a good enclosure that's had case analyzer ran on it & good thick wiring/stable 510 literally let me vape it down to the last drop, like the wick is totally dry but somehow has no burn marks. I never have to touch anything but the fire button.

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah i do the cotton burn test when I get new wire to find out the TCR and it works fine as long as I stay in the same room.

Yihi are not ever going to help me if something goes wrong bc they're a bunch of douchenozzles, and my mod is second hand, plus they didn't like the fact I took it apart to find out what was going on w/ the Bluetooth thing (they wanted it back for the 3rd time but it fixed itself somehow after I resoldered the little red wire) and to scrape some paint off & see what was underneath.

That just means that you got a bad 510 without a lot of travel, hcigar is famous for really bad 510 connections and thin wiring... they sometimes try to be all clever w/ how they do things but it's just dumb. The Lost Vape 510's are all the same they're pretty good, provides a stable connection for TC & exactly the same as the one on the G Class & soldered the same way, just two extra screws on top.
ph yeah, all THREE of my DNA's have bad 510's.. Right.

NOT.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Yeah i do the cotton burn test when I get new wire to find out the TCR and it works fine as long as I stay in the same room.

When you lock in the resistance on a YiHi the target (at temperature) resistance does not change. Nor does the cold resistance. On YiHi's the resistance read and "lock" are all the same function. Once a resistance is locked in it will use THAT as the cold baseline no matter how many or which tanks you have mounted/unmounted (or what resistance they are). I regularly go in/outside between cold/hot and not have any issues.

What you are describing is how DNA's work.

It sounds like you ether have a very faulty "G" or a tank with very intermittent resistance.

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    When you lock in the resistance on a YiHi the target (at temperature) resistance does not change. Nor does the cold resistance. On YiHi's the resistance read and "lock" are all the same function. Once a resistance is locked in it will use THAT as the cold baseline no matter how many or which tanks you have mounted/unmounted (or what resistance they are). I regularly go in/outside between cold/hot and not have any issues.

What you are describing is how DNA's work.

It sounds like you ether have a very faulty "G" or a tank with very intermittent resistance.
    No on a dna it will continue to read the resistance while it's being used until it settles on a baseline resistance, if that happens to change it will settle on a new one and if you put a new tank on it will ask you and read a new baseline, but continue to adapt if necessary. On the 550 I was hoping they'd have something more like this, but it still functions in TC like the m-class I used to have.

It's not the tank either, no tank is perfect so there will be little slight variations but I have never had any problems using any of my tanks w/ other mods. Never had a burnt wick before.

About a week ago I noticed my gf's wicks were roasted so I decided to do a little test... put on a simple dripper with a dry wick, set everything temp to 400 and fire it, acts like it should no burning, leave it as-is for like 5 min take it outside and fire it, and half the time it starts to toast the wick. Took it to work with me this week and I have a burnt wick at the end of the day.

ph yeah, all THREE of my DNA's have bad 510's.. Right.

NOT.
    that's exactly what it means, your + pin is not making contact. Too short on male or not enough travel on + pin on female. Imo almost all of them have bad 510's, not to mention shoddy construction, thin wiring, etc. with only a few exceptions but ymmv

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    No on a dna it will continue to read the resistance while it's being used until it settles on a baseline resistance, if that happens to change it will settle on a new one and if you put a new tank on it will ask you and read a new baseline, but continue to adapt if necessary. On the 550 I was hoping they'd have something more like this, but it still functions in TC like the m-class I used to have.

It's not the tank either, no tank is perfect so there will be little slight variations but I have never had any problems using any of my tanks w/ other mods. Never had a burnt wick before.

About a week ago I noticed my gf's wicks were roasted so I decided to do a little test... put on a simple dripper with a dry wick, set everything temp to 400 and fire it, acts like it should no burning, leave it as-is for like 5 min take it outside and fire it, and half the time it starts to toast the wick. Took it to work with me this week and I have a burnt wick at the end of the day.

that's exactly what it means, your + pin is not making contact. Too short on male or not enough travel on + pin on female. Imo almost all of them have bad 510's, not to mention shoddy construction, thin wiring, etc. with only a few exceptions but ymmv

exactly why i said yihi is better.
    think vape finder250, h cigar vt40 and lost vape epetite can't all be faulty

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017

Yihi are not ever going to help me if something goes wrong bc they're a bunch of douchenozzles, and my mod is second hand, plus they didn't like the fact I took it apart to find out what was going on w/ the Bluetooth thing (they wanted it back for the 3rd time but it fixed itself somehow after I resoldered the little red wire) and to scrape some paint off & see what was underneath.

That just means that you got a bad 510 without a lot of travel, hcigar is famous for really bad 510 connections and thin wiring... they sometimes try to be all clever w/ how they do things but it's just dumb. The Lost Vape 510's are all the same they're pretty good, provides a stable connection for TC & exactly the same as the one on the G Class & soldered the same way, just two extra screws on top.
    you took a second hand mod apart.. this does not mean yihi are douches, this means you have voided your warranty and they are doing nothing wrong by denying it.
    I don't like seeing a company trashed for nothing.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    oh sorry, i forgot to ask. are you IOS or Android? And do you get the same

"peripheral not support" message? The seller i bought it from seemed to think I might have a faulty G, but i am loathe to part with it cause it is the last one in the country (AND, there are people waiting for me to return it so they can get it LOL.. seriously!).. but i am certain now the G's simply need to be connected to a windows machine via usb to be updated.. However, your confirmation of this eases my mind so much, you have no idea, as it was a 289 AUD mod!

Reactions: access0denied

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    exactly why i said yihi is better.
    think vape finder250, h cigar vt40 and lost vape epetite can't all be faulty

They are all not working so... yeah? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you took a second hand mod apart.. this does not mean yihi are douches, this means you have voided your warranty and they are doing nothing wrong by denying it.
    I don't like seeing a company trashed for nothing.
    This would have been the third time it was sent back for the same Bluetooth problem and they never noticed/kept sending it back w/ the loose wire. So... yes, they are douche nozzles.

Wow, there's a lot of fanboyism going on here, I still don't get that, how can you fanboy vape pens? Idk it's silly as hell imo, it's like fanboying a toaster... Idc what brand I'm using I just care that it works, it's just an appliance to me. if something is wrong w/ a thing I paid $200+ for I'm not going to just sit quiet about it bc some dingus on the interwebs loves it so much... it's obvious to anyone not wearing blinders that yihi screwed up on this board, it's a mess.

Again, I could care less about evolv & their boards have plenty of faults that irritate me, but they do their job & from a purely objective standpoint you can't even compare the two boards, they're in entirely different leagues. Even blindfolded without holding them I could tell the difference it's a flat DC signal vs rattlesnaking pwm.

Last edited:

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2009
    San Antonio, TX - USA
    yihi G UI and functionality is like playschool compared to DNA, IMO.

every single main vape function on the G works with clicking the joystick to cycle, what could be easier? no multi button combo for res lock, just click joystick. This is the easiest mod I have ever used in my life, and sometimes I wonder if people complain about it cause it's expensive so they try to find more fault with it.

you only need to go into the menu to set up bluetooth and wallpapers and a few other things that are entirely optional. Everything else is a joystick click away on the main page. Wire/temp/joules/watts mode/pre heat ramp up profile choice/memory selection/brightness.. so so easy. I wish i had 10 of these tbh, one with each of my different tanks.. response in watts mode at 170 watts feels faster than dna to me, tc mode about equal.

I could do without the snarkyness, Ive been reading through the thread with some of your other responses and you are far to defensive. People are having difficulties with their mod. You arent. Thats great for you.

To address this point specifically, Im not complaining because Im looking for a reason to complain. Absolutely insulting.

To address the issue of 'easiest to use mod ever', this is all a matter of perspective. Yes, there are no multi button combinations to remember. Instead, you have to remember that rather than using the joystick to scroll around the different numbers you want to adjust and then pushing the joystick in to select the number you want to change and then pushing left or right (which would be the more intuitive way to do it), you push the joystick in multiple times to make it automatically move around the screen. Changing a value is also perplexing, up and down rather than left and right.

I am getting used to the ui, that doesnt forgive it.

When nearly every user says, the ui takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, there is a problem. How about the ui working the way it should, or even better, put out the ui designer that was promised months ago!!!

I have used the M, Q, and now G class. The ui was always bizarre, the G class is the most bizarre of them all.

Lets talk about battery profiles. Strangely absent!

Lets talk about "custom wallpapers". Strangely absent! Yes, Im a weirdo who would like just a straight black background without cartoon graphics in the menu that both look ugly and make it extremely hard to read.

Lets talk about customizing what information I the user would like to display on the screen. Also absent!

Evolv isnt great either. However, the one thing that Evolv has effectively done on 4 occasions is pushed the industry forward. I do have my issues with their quality control and their ui is not much better. Its been awhile, I cant recall, I believe Evolv (or Provari, one of these two) introduced variable wattage with the Darwin. Temp control, while not perfect, especially when it was released, came from Evolv. Escribe brought unparalleled customization. Evolv is now seeing another problem, the UI is overly complex in the devices we are using.

I am not a fan of Evolv. I have my issues, like I said, especially, their quality control (anyone remember the DNA40 screen issues)? I have a DNA 200 device that wont boot from battery power. DNA locked out 2 amp charging and gave this feature exclusively to Vaporshark until very recently. Temp control was terrible and should have been tested further before it was initially released.

I keep my opinions balanced. I am not a fan of any company. I use what works.

Ive used many devices I hated, many I liked, many I loved until something new came along. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Provari. It is and continues to be to this day, my favourite device. However, I cant use it anymore because we have moved forward. I dont know if any modern atomizer will even fire on an original Provari (v1 or v2 are practically the same and I have both - with the original red LED display and all).

I am continually disappointed by manufacturers who dont utilize the the full potential of the device, primarily because of limited time by said companies development team. If said software was open sourced with some built in protections to protect users, I imagine we would start seeing some amazing possibilities.

I am talking about having two layers of firmware, you could think of them as a bootloader that has built in protections, digitally signed by the manufacturer to prevent people from modifying this, the second layer would be user customizable, this is the behind the scenes layer where the nuts and bolts are that tell the device how to function. The third layer is the UI which, provided with the correct software, could allow for users to design the ui.

This would protect the manufacturers by having in-built protections while allowing the uber nerds that might want to design better algorithms to program the bare metal without risk of hurting the device or its users, and those that just want to get in to be able to change how their functions from a ui level would have that option.

We could see things like improved battery life, improved algorithms, smart wattage, experimentation, bugs fixed by the community, faster progress, etc.

Sadly, this will never happen because this would drastically increase the longevity of these devices. It would potentially hurt the bottom line as users buy fewer and fewer devices because the community would be addressing and pushing the industry forward rather than a vaping company.

It is curious because, vaping hasnt seen anything new in several years. TC and clapton coils have been the most recent revelations. Otherwise, its been improvements on things we already have. Maybe I could include bluetooth, except Yihi umm... wouldnt need bluetooth if everything were accessible via the menu system and the bluetooth actually stayed on and wasnt tied to the screen on time. Sort of defeats the purpose if I have to go into a menu to turn it on and then change my screen on time to make it stay on long enough to use my phone.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    I could do without the snarkyness, Ive been reading through the thread with some of your other responses and you are far to defensive. People are having difficulties with their mod. You arent. Thats great for you.

To address this point specifically, Im not complaining because Im looking for a reason to complain. Absolutely insulting.

To address the issue of 'easiest to use mod ever', this is all a matter of perspective. Yes, there are no multi button combinations to remember. Instead, you have to remember that rather than using the joystick to scroll around the different numbers you want to adjust and then pushing the joystick in to select the number you want to change and then pushing left or right (which would be the more intuitive way to do it), you push the joystick in multiple times to make it automatically move around the screen. Changing a value is also perplexing, up and down rather than left and right.

I am getting used to the ui, that doesnt forgive it.

When nearly every user says, the ui takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, there is a problem. How about the ui working the way it should, or even better, put out the ui designer that was promised months ago!!!

I have used the M, Q, and now G class. The ui was always bizarre, the G class is the most bizarre of them all.

Lets talk about battery profiles. Strangely absent!

Lets talk about "custom wallpapers". Strangely absent! Yes, Im a weirdo who would like just a straight black background without cartoon graphics in the menu that both look ugly and make it extremely hard to read.

Lets talk about customizing what information I the user would like to display on the screen. Also absent!

Evolv isnt great either. However, the one thing that Evolv has effectively done on 4 occasions is pushed the industry forward. I do have my issues with their quality control and their ui is not much better. Its been awhile, I cant recall, I believe Evolv (or Provari, one of these two) introduced variable wattage with the Darwin. Temp control, while not perfect, especially when it was released, came from Evolv. Escribe brought unparalleled customization. Evolv is now seeing another problem, the UI is overly complex in the devices we are using.

I am not a fan of Evolv. I have my issues, like I said, especially, their quality control (anyone remember the DNA40 screen issues)? I have a DNA 200 device that wont boot from battery power. DNA locked out 2 amp charging and gave this feature exclusively to Vaporshark until very recently. Temp control was terrible and should have been tested further before it was initially released.

I keep my opinions balanced. I am not a fan of any company. I use what works.

Ive used many devices I hated, many I liked, many I loved until something new came along. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Provari. It is and continues to be to this day, my favourite device. However, I cant use it anymore because we have moved forward. I dont know if any modern atomizer will even fire on an original Provari (v1 or v2 are practically the same and I have both - with the original red LED display and all).

I am continually disappointed by manufacturers who dont utilize the the full potential of the device, primarily because of limited time by said companies development team. If said software was open sourced with some built in protections to protect users, I imagine we would start seeing some amazing possibilities.

I am talking about having two layers of firmware, you could think of them as a bootloader that has built in protections, digitally signed by the manufacturer to prevent people from modifying this, the second layer would be user customizable, this is the behind the scenes layer where the nuts and bolts are that tell the device how to function. The third layer is the UI which, provided with the correct software, could allow for users to design the ui.

This would protect the manufacturers by having in-built protections while allowing the uber nerds that might want to design better algorithms to program the bare metal without risk of hurting the device or its users, and those that just want to get in to be able to change how their functions from a ui level would have that option.

We could see things like improved battery life, improved algorithms, smart wattage, experimentation, bugs fixed by the community, faster progress, etc.

Sadly, this will never happen because this would drastically increase the longevity of these devices. It would potentially hurt the bottom line as users buy fewer and fewer devices because the community would be addressing and pushing the industry forward rather than a vaping company.

It is curious because, vaping hasnt seen anything new in several years. TC and clapton coils have been the most recent revelations. Otherwise, its been improvements on things we already have. Maybe I could include bluetooth, except Yihi umm... wouldnt need bluetooth if everything were accessible via the menu system and the bluetooth actually stayed on and wasnt tied to the screen on time. Sort of defeats the purpose if I have to go into a menu to turn it on and then change my screen on time to make it stay on long enough to use my phone.

TL;DR
    I got the first sentence though.. if you really think THAT is snarky, we will never get along, as that is just polite banter, at it's very worst, perhaps *slightly* defensive banter. I think you'd do best to mute me in that case, as I won't change.. If i was a totally you know what, different story, i'd re evaluate and temper myself. But in fact, it is YOUR post right here that is the defensive one ;)

Reactions: Hyperspace

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    They are all not working so... yeah? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This would have been the third time it was sent back for the same Bluetooth problem and they never noticed/kept sending it back w/ the loose wire. So... yes, they are douche nozzles.

Wow, there's a lot of fanboyism going on here, I still don't get that, how can you fanboy vape pens? Idk it's silly as hell imo, it's like fanboying a toaster... Idc what brand I'm using I just care that it works, it's just an appliance to me. if something is wrong w/ a thing I paid $200+ for I'm not going to just sit quiet about it bc some dingus on the interwebs loves it so much... it's obvious to anyone not wearing blinders that yihi screwed up on this board, it's a mess.

Again, I could care less about evolv & their boards have plenty of faults that irritate me, but from a purely objective standpoint you can't compare the two boards, they're in entirely different leagues. Even blindfolded without holding them I could tell the difference it's a flat DC signal vs rattlesnaking pwm.

I'm not a fanboy.. I am probably the hardest to please guy out.. In fact, i've had rows with two prominent vape shops here for sending me unsealed mods or not taking back a mod that i thought was not quite right.
    I am *genuinely* telling you my experience, and how finally, i have found a mod that clicks with the way my brain clicks, as well as a mod that has not given my a single dry hit yet, unlike most others. Im also finding insanely good battery life out of aspire 1800 mah batteries, which by all rights shouldn't be that great. So much so, that i'm going to get a yihi q class from vape NW for 129 as they are blowing them out, and a mini Q when I can find one locally from a shop i actually trust (for something THAT expensive, i go local due to our stiff warranty laws, just in case, including the reseller having to pay for return ship).

Trust me, i am *really* fussy. I am so fussy, that I buff my mods daily, clean the 510's daily, i even went and got apple iklear to polish the mods (externally) with cause it makes them look great and has nothing that can damage the finish. LOL, I also have a mod section for the ones I have dropped, even once, that have even one mark on them, as the only ones I am allowed to take out. But the most important part of all I have to personally say is, that I am disappointed with around 90% of the now 53 (blush) mods I own.
    I wish I had not bought ANY of them, and just gotten a yihi G, and a q mini in different colours instead, and a good DNA 250 for contrast. Honestly i would give them all up just to have that. all of them.

Because I have had such a poor vaping experience with many, and an ok experience with some, a good experience with a few, and an awesome experience only with this one (and to be fair, even though my DNA250 has sticky up/down buttons and is overly complicated, the vape itself is also fantastic)..
    Every other mod that is still a third of the price or even half the price of this, is just not anywhere near the quality.. My dotmod buttons rattle and the 510 is way too deep to recognise many tanks, yet it was expensive.. my smok alien rattles like a baby shaker and the 510 is dodgy, and so on.. I could have saved so much if i just went for an expensive mod to begin with.. I feel you pay what you get for in this case.

And just because *I* have had awesome experiences, should in no way detract from your bad ones.. Now that I understand you have had three returns, it makes a bit more sense why you are mad. Are you dealing with yihi in China? Cause the language barrier is really something that has to be considered in this case also.
    I would be mad too if i sent it back three times. However, i would never ever take apart a mod, and the fact it is second hand and has a voided warranty, DOES make me automatically cut them some slack also. Make sense? But when you claim three totally different DNA devices from three totally different sellers are faulty just because I find the yihi has better tank conductivity, yeah, that does irritate me as it's ridiculous to say.. You simply seem unable to accept my experience and findings, and then get upset when in return I don't accept yours..
    I prefer yihi to DNA, this is the first time i have tried yihi in 3.5 years of vaping, you prefer dna.. good, get over it. Sell your yihi and move on. For some reason, people accused of being fanboys get criticised, but those bashing a developer get annoyed in return when they are criticised. it's a two way street and i hope you do think about that.

I hope your device gets sorted, sincerely, so you can sell it functioning correctly, and move on.. hopefully to buy another DNA with the money!
    Cheers

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    TL;DR
    I got the first sentence though.. if you really think THAT is snarky, we will never get along, as that is just polite banter, at it's very worst, perhaps *slightly* defensive banter. I think you'd do best to mute me in that case, as I won't change.. If i was a totally you know what, different story, i'd re evaluate and temper myself. But in fact, it is YOUR post right here that is the defensive one ;)
    This is what I'm talking about with the blinders, you refused to even look at someone else's opinion bc it differs from yours. It took me literally 30 seconds to read that post, 90% of it is decent suggestions and what yihi probably ought to have done in the first place.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    This is what I'm talking about with the blinders, you refused to even look at someone else's opinion bc it differs from yours. It took me literally 30 seconds to read that post, 90% of it is decent suggestions and what yihi probably ought to have done in the first place.
    read my reply to him now.. no blinders on.. just personal experience.. i am accepting his has been bad, truly, and feel sorry for him.. perhaps now if he'll accept that my DNA devices are not all faulty and my yihi simply has better atomiser conductivity........ but i digress....;)

kiba

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    www.facebook.com
    Better tank connectivity? I wasn't aware they were using magic in their boards now. Your tank is not making contact with the mod. You literally said it yourself...

by "pick up" i mean that all 3 of my DNAs have trouble recognising certain atomisers, especially joyetech ones with short pins.

It's the most basic of electrical theory, the pin is too short, circuit isn't complete, Idk why you still expect it to somehow fire after having stated that already, that's something you have to sort out for yourself but know that it has nothing to do with the pcb, unfortunately It can't magically jump electricity across a break.

Trust me, blindly defending obvious faults is pretty much the definition of fanboy.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    Better tank connectivity? I wasn't aware they were using magic in their boards now. Your tank is not making contact with the mod. You literally said it yourself...

It's the most basic of electrical theory, the pin is too short, circuit isn't complete, Idk why you still expect it to somehow fire after having stated that already, that's something you have to sort out for yourself but know that it has nothing to do with the pcb, unfortunately It can't magically jump electricity across a break.

Trust me, blindly defending obvious faults is pretty much the definition of fanboy.
    ok, you are being a fool now, and twisting my words. No need for that, muted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread