YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
Apparently you aren't the only one, guess I'll wait on that update.

If you saw the message on fb, thats me...Im trying to see if someone will mirror the download cause it is literally dial up speeds (5k per second) and I have a feeling the firmware didnt finish downloading

Reactions: kiba

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
If you saw the message on fb, thats me...Im trying to see if someone will mirror the download cause it is literally dial up speeds (5k per second) and I have a feeling the firmware didnt finish downloading

Its a .rar file, if it were corrupted the rar file would either not open or open with errors, they screwed something up on the firmware.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
SXmini G Class V6.600 Upgrade features:

1) Added Wallpaper Customized icon at V2.8.2.9 SXi Setting page, which supports SXmini G Class wallpaper to be customized.

2) Added sport car instrument pane wallpaper(Wallpaper 2) , under S1-S5 mode, it is deep blue; if under Eco, Soft and Standard modes, it turns to light blue; if under powerful and powerful+, it turns to red.

3) Add new clock interface when locked screen, total 3 clock interface now.

4) Improved the unlocked method, show a lock icon when click fire button three times, push down the joystick then unlocked.

5) Support wallpaper customized with APP through Bluetooth. (Only support ios currently)

6) Support font colors selection at fire interface except Wallpaper 1 or 2, upward joystick 5 seconds to select color.

7) Fixed 5.500 charging bug.

8) Fixed the bug that could do part operation when device turn off.

9) Fixed the bug that automatically raised the amount of joule.

10) Fixed the bug where resistance trimming can not quickly reduce resistance.
does this include previous updates or do they need to be done first or also

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
So I got it. You gotta go back into the upgrade software. Choose to upgrade to the new system. Wait about 5-10 minutes till it finishes.
You were able to update to 6.6?

What upgrade software? The sxi-q? Sorry, I am not following how to go about doing the upgrade

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
quite a screwy process, one that certainly needed some documentation.

not sure if the new app is required or not, but I used it anyway, drivers from previous version are fine.
Down load both installer, and firmware.
Install the new SXIQ
do a normal update, at this point you should see the Update Ui..... message
disconnect and reconnect your G, go to update again, should see a new message something to the effect of what you see on your G

reopen the 6.6 FW and a apply a second time this update will take much longer then what is usual.

done...

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
If you have trouble getting it to detect your mod without an atomizer connected, obviously, unscrew your atomizer ( :) ), Power down the mod (five power button taps, press joystick in on first menu option, power down mod). Close the SXI software, unplug your usb connection to the g class. Now, fire up the SXI software. Then plug in your mod. Should detect your mod and be ready to upgrade.

You MUST update using the newer driver tool (meaning, you have to update the SXI software). Otherwise, the software will not allow you to do the ui update process, which is the second part of the process.

After the initial upgrade, it will say "upgrade ui..." in red. Unplug your mod, close the SXI software. Relaunch the SXI software. Plug in mod while it says upgrade ui... Go to upgrade software and you'll see different text where it used to say upgrade, it now says upgrade to new system. Click that. the install process will be more lengthy than the traditional firmware updates.

Yes, this upgrade process is another example of...ok, Im going to say it...wonkyness. The last upgrade, what was it, bypass mode?

Perhaps the SXI software should have instructions telling you what to do after the initial upgrade...

5k per sec download speeds? Those are dial up speeds.

A new wallpaper and three bug fixes... perhaps this is laying the ground work for a future bigger update, perhaps they might tell us a bit about that?

Wait, Im not supposed to be even the slightest bit disappointed because, this is the bestest mod in the whole wide world. Wait, am I not supposed to be disappointed because people see it as whining...

Here it is in the simplest terms I know how to put it, for being pretty much the most expensive regulated mass produced mod on the market right now, Im not seeing it. It just isnt there right now, this update is just as disappointing as all the previous updates...

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I definitely agree with the wonky firmware update. I just put the wismec RX200 update back on, took arctic fox off. I am going to sell it so wanted it back to factory firmware. The update process took all of a few seconds. If wismec can do it so easily why not yihi?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hyperspace

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
This is the worst update I've experienced. SXi-Q software won't automatically install the USB driver and there's no way to manually install it. At least with the older software you could manually install the USB driver.

You still can, its just not in the menus anymore, open the program files directory where SXI is installed and youll see a manual installer there.

Also, I updated my post above to fully outline the process.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Got mine installed, thanks for the tips on how to do it, yihi should hire you

fd15ac1cd0940febe5bbe2e5f888c8d8.jpg

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
You still can, its just not in the menus anymore, open the program files directory where SXI is installed and youll see a manual installer there.

Also, I updated my post above to fully outline the process.

Wow, this is the most complicated YIHI update I've ever done. Thanks for posting the detailed instructions. I got it to work this time. The USB driver still wouldn't install but the firmware upgraded anyway. :thumb:

Reactions: mjag

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
There is one more thing worth mentioning with this update, go to the brightness adjustment in the menu and adjust it up one notch and then adjust it to where you want it. Apparently, they changed how the scaling for the brightness works...

It might also just be me but the preheat settings I think were also tweaked, Im noticing my coils get hot and then cool off, which I finely tuned so it would not happen on the previous update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread