Not open for further replies.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Point was you recommended someone buy 5 Vamos instead of a Provari.

As far as your list of mods go, I'd be happy to own any one of them but saying they are better quality than a Provari isnt fact. It's your personal opinion.

The DNA20 mods had a major issue with the led screens didnt they?

No one I know has an issue with their DNA20 mod screens.

It is fact that the build quality is higher on many devices, in this case it's not subjective. Gold, silver, or rhodium coated contacts are better than brass and do not oxidize. Mechanical buttons don't have a "click" rating they just keep going. Mods don't feature glued on caps. Mods feature sealed circuit boards not accessible to the elements with contacts that are easy to clean. Mods have nicer finishes and cheaper parts even though the mod itself costs the same or less. Mods feature things like the ability to go over 3.5amps, use flat tanks without adaptors, etc.

Mods makers don't charge you a "sale" price of $65 for a pass through kit you can buy for $15.

http://www.provape.com/ProVari-Pass-Thru-Car-Kit-p/passthrukit.htm

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
My mods are all of higher quality than the Provari's I own. Fail to see the point.

For a list of Us made VV/VW devices...

Mamu makes custom dna20 mods.

Reo grand VV and Woodvil VV

Boggerbox DNA20

Fazedboxmods

Buzz Pro

Darwin

Any mech mod with a kick inside it.

Soon to be available:

Match made dna20 module for Super T devices.

Cyborg from fluid vapors

Many DNA20 based mods too many to list.

Also the board doesn't have any significant power draw that another regulated mod doesn't have. It just has features and is US made electronics, not just assembled in the US.

Are you absolutely sure that it is not less efficient? I understand up to 30%.

I almost a device with a kick, I have nothing against someone that wants to use one. I had a hard time deciding. I don't want to take the battery out to make adjustments nor do I want to use a screwdriver to do it.

We could all get a Mech mod and we know they exist. Quite a few Provari users have them. I don't think I would get as much use out of a Mech mod but I might in the future.

I thought the Cyborg does not exist yet. I did find it interesting but I don't know if I will ever want one. It does sound like a capable device. Do you know what it will cost?

I looked at Super T devices, I like the looks of them. I have no problem with people adding a module. Why do you keep bringing up cost when this is going to be much more expensive?

Darwin, I have no problem with the Darwin. It is $258.00.

Buzz Pro, I have no problem with it, I would rather have the display on the Provari rather than the wheel.

Fazedboxmods, it costs as much as a Provari and I don't want a steampunk device.

Boggerbox DNA, I like the looks of them, I would rather have the Provari's form factor. $219.99

Reo, I would never say anything bad about the REO, it is close to the Provari price and I don't know if I want a bottom feeder. I did consider the Reo.

I just looked up the Manu, not sure if I would like the forum factor. How much money?

You keep talking price but then you toss out prices comparable or more than a Provari. Devices that do not exist yet make no sense at all. We have a hard time buying something not yet available.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
My mods are all of higher quality than the Provari's I own. Fail to see the point....

<Sniped for brevity and because I don't give a flying fruit bat what gear he owns or understand his need to post a list>

You do not want a ProVari if...your screen name is D4rk50ul.
1763935_med.png

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
A lot of those devices exist. Cyborg has been mentioned in the $250 range. It also is a fully functional mech if you remove the module.

Super t precise or ELA + dna20 module will be very close to a provari in price. Last provari I picked up was $211 for color + 18650 cap, did not drop the $15 for a blue screen.

Darwin includes batteries and charger.

I really don't need to go down the list, you guys preach quality I'm saying for right around the same price but a much higher quality device.

DNA20 mods don't have huge voltage drains. I can ask owners and double check but I'm sure I'd have heard about it.

I'm just stating some facts, kind of like the opposite of what "Provarians" do whenever anyone brings up one and says something negative. Since it seems public open forums are the places of choice to do this such as new members, general ecig, etc I figured I would extend the same courtesy here.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Mine didn't cost that much.

I don't have a problem with a Darwin, it looks like it should appeal to a lot of people. I don't want one however. It is also $258.00

The Cyborg is not ready for sale yet. I might like it just fine, I understand it is a little large but perhaps not too much. It is also expensive. Buying and trying all of those mods would be quite expensive. I stopped when I found something that worked for me.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Since it seems public open forums are the places of choice to do this such as new members, general ecig, etc I figured I would extend the same courtesy here.

It is an "open" forum, but it's also clearly stated to be a forum for ProVari enthusiasts. Wouldn't you consider me a tad rude if I went to the Reo sub-forum and posted about how much better a ProVari is?

I started this thread for fun - I hope you don't it it shut down.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
A lot of those devices exist. Cyborg has been mentioned in the $250 range. It also is a fully functional mech if you remove the module.

Super t precise or ELA + dna20 module will be very close to a provari in price. Last provari I picked up was $211 for color + 18650 cap, did not drop the $15 for a blue screen.

Darwin includes batteries and charger.

I really don't need to go down the list, you guys preach quality I'm saying for right around the same price but a much higher quality device.

DNA20 mods don't have huge voltage drains. I can ask owners and double check but I'm sure I'd have heard about it.

I'm just stating some facts, kind of like the opposite of what "Provarians" do whenever anyone brings up one and says something negative. Since it seems public open forums are the places of choice to do this such as new members, general ecig, etc I figured I would extend the same courtesy here.

You are just trolling now. Mentioning the devices that are not available is kind of silly at this point. I have commented on the devices that exist that you mentioned. They don't seem like bad devices, I have read about them and they seem fine. Does not make me like the Provari any less and I would not tell anyone who has those devices they should go get a Provari,

The Provari is simple, it is a known quantity, it is a safe bet and is still quality.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Mine didn't cost that much.

I don't have a problem with a Darwin, it looks like it should appeal to a lot of people. I don't want one however. It is also $258.00

The Cyborg is not ready for sale yet. I might like it just fine, I understand it is a little large but perhaps not too much. It is also expensive. Buying and trying all of those mods would be quite expensive. I stopped when I found something that worked for me.

Keep in mind a lot of those devices include batteries, charger, etc. Prices add up when you want your Provari to actually turn on.

The cyborg is featured in a video it's quite small for what it is.

I'm glad you found something that works for you, that is the point. What isn't the point is assuming what works for you is the best device period and that everyone should buy it rather than anything else. All I'm pointing out is that there are a lot of options and for MANY the Provari isnt the best.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
What isn't the point is assuming what works for you is the best device period and that everyone should buy it rather than anything else. All I'm pointing out is that there are a lot of options and for MANY the Provari isnt the best.

I just didn't have the patience to keep buying one item after another to meet what I wanted. I was so happy that I happened onto one that did. There might be better things out there but I found something that works. The search can be far more expensive than the device.

When someone asks about the Provari I am afraid to tell them what I think anymore. I don't even want to post that I quit buying things for my desk anymore (a desk based unit for while working was what I was looking for at the time). I do want to post when I see people say it is complicated but I quit doing that. I also want to post when people say it is big and clunky but I don't anymore. I should get a sig line that says I really don't have a Provari but that would be a lie. I did give one away though.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
I just didn't have the patience to keep buying one item after another to meet what I wanted. I was so happy that I happened onto one that did. There might be better things out there but I found something that works. The search can be far more expensive than the device.

When someone asks about the Provari I am afraid to tell them what I think anymore. I don't even want to post that I quit buying things for my desk anymore (a desk based unit for while working was what I was looking for at the time). I do want to post when I see people say it is complicated but I quit doing that. I also want to post when people say it is big and clunky but I don't anymore. I should get a sig line that says I really don't have a Provari but that would be a lie. I did give one away though.

Again you are making this a "you" thing. By all means discuss what you like, the issue I have is when no weight is placed in what the person is really looking for. You want a hands free device which I can think of quite a few that would be suitable, would recommending a Caravela with a Hellfire mega make any sense no matter how much I liked it?

This is not a you thing, but I've seen it far too many times. There are even some users who have entire pre typed pages of info that sounds like it's known fact even though it's based solely on their limited experiences and include the Provari in them. I know what I like but I don't recommend it unless it fits the criteria, and yes I've recommended Provari's before on occasion.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Again you are making this a "you" thing. By all means discuss what you like, the issue I have is when no weight is placed in what the person is really looking for. You want a hands free device which I can think of quite a few that would be suitable, would recommending a Caravela with a Hellfire mega make any sense no matter how much I liked it?

This is not a you thing, but I've seen it far too many times. There are even some users who have entire pre typed pages of info that sounds like it's known fact even though it's based solely on their limited experiences and include the Provari in them. I know what I like but I don't recommend it unless it fits the criteria, and yes I've recommended Provari's before on occasion.

But it becomes each and everyone of us if you say it is impossible for a Provari fan to be unbiased. I am a fan of a lot of things. :)

I want a horse.

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
If you have tried any mech with rba and know better.

If you realize it's a $90-$110 pv selling for $160 bare bones.

If you realize you can buy like 5 VV/VW devices for the same price, or one infinitely better DNA20 mod for the same price.

If you don't want to be associated with blind fan boys recommending it to anyone and everyone they see without even qualifying if it's right for them.

If you have ever held a true high end PV before.
Proving that a person with anti-Provari sentiments can make it personal rather than rational. Got to be something wrong with those who "blindly" think a solid, USA-made, metal device with a track record of durability is worth a premium price, right?

Nothing wrong with feeling that other choices are better economically, but where's the love? Venom does not constitute justification of opinion.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Proving that a person with anti-Provari sentiments can make it personal rather than rational. Got to be something wrong with those who "blindly" think a solid, USA-made, metal device with a track record of durability is worth a premium price, right?

Nothing wrong with feeling that other choices are better economically, but where's the love? Venom does not constitute justification of opinion.

How can I be anti provari I own two. I'm realistic and objective which is something sorely lacking in many provari fanatics.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
How can I be anti provari I own two. I'm realistic and objective which is something sorely lacking in many provari fanatics.
Frankly, I don't find opinions which belittle other people for their opinions to be an objective approach. You are obviously very knowledgeable regarding APVs but you also could, in my opinion, provide more solid reasoning for why you like the devices that you find more economical and/or more capable than the Provari. I did appreciate your listing of USA-made mods, and checked out some videos of DNA20 models based on your praise of them. If you don't mind could you tell me why you feel that the wattage-maintaining circuitry on the DNA20 is superior to the wattage-maintaining circuitry on, let's say, a Vamo? Would it matter to someone like me who only vapes with single-coil delivery devices at 6.5 to 7.5 watts, and if so, why?

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
... Timothy Dolton is your favorite Bond.
... You keep wondering what's wrong with that pumpkin thing from page 1.
... You have not taken up sides in this debate and take a bit of fun just as a bit of fun and not a personal attack

Put down your axes and lets get get back to the fun okay :D.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
... You have seen the light of mechanical vaping and love to tinker with things

Sorry to say folks but I'm gonna have to remit my Provari owners club card. My gf didn't like the mini, she actually likes her spinners and twists more, they are less complicated and cheaper to replace if she ever misplaces it. She found out how much I paid for it and insisted I keep it since I was so enthusiastic about its unparalleled build quality. To my surprise I didn't want to keep it either, lol, so I'm trading it for an Electric Angel telescope.

I really don't believe there is a better built VV mod on the market right now, just wanted to share my :2c: in regards to the notion that it's not actually the end-all-be-all device for everyone.

VAPE ON!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
... You have seen the light of mechanical vaping and love to tinker with things

Sorry to say folks but I'm gonna have to remit my Provari owners club card. My gf didn't like the mini, she actually likes her spinners and twists more, they are less complicated and cheaper to replace if she ever misplaces it. She found out how much I paid for it and insisted I keep it since I was so enthusiastic about its unparalleled build quality. To my surprise I didn't want to keep it either, lol, so I'm trading it for an Electric Angel telescope.

I really don't believe there is a better built VV mod on the market right now, just wanted to share my :2c: in regards to the notion that it's not actually the end-all-be-all device for everyone.

VAPE ON!!

You can always PIF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread