You do not want a ProVari if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
...you open the thread with: (I have an eGo-T with a dual coil but don't like it) My friend has one of those high end e-cigs but the thing is huge I like that you can basically fill the tank with the juice and you can see how much juice you have it it last a long time...heres what im looking for. An e-cig that I can just fill up a tank and that provides a lot of vapor. I dont want it too big tho. The size of the Ego is perfect...

And after being given suggestions of Vivi Novas, T3s, carto tanks, the Protank, etc., the next post is: Well I know on his he had a digital reading to allow him to make it hotter if needed. I just want the BEST slimmer one available.

lollipop_smiley_emoticon.gif

"I dont want it too big tho."

"I just want the BEST slimmer one available."

Looks like somebody needs to aim a little higher.

"....allow him to make it hotter if needed."...... (Now this I can take care of.) :p

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
That video damn near ruined my E-Zip for me...but mine still stays in my pocket for emergency back up and stealth vapes...of course an engraved sterling zippo case helps...

but can you flip-snap it open one-handed like a cool kid zippo?
...I know you were talking about the Vietnam era Agent Orange. ;)
EDIT: You do not want a ProVari, if you bought one because Heidi Klum owns one.

what about the band Agent Orange? Katherine Heigl toooooo

- you know you don't/do (?) want a provari if you stayed up until 2am reading this entire thread....or didn't play this game properly LMAO

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
If you have tried any mech with rba and know better.

If you realize it's a $90-$110 pv selling for $160 bare bones.

If you realize you can buy like 5 VV/VW devices for the same price, or one infinitely better DNA20 mod for the same price.

If you don't want to be associated with blind fan boys recommending it to anyone and everyone they see without even qualifying if it's right for them.

If you have ever held a true high end PV before.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

If you realize you can buy like 5 VV/VW devices for the same price, or one infinitely better DNA20 mod for the same price.

If you don't want to be associated with blind fan boys recommending it to anyone and everyone they see without even qualifying if it's right for them.

Are the mec mods mainly for those that are looking for either very low ohm? I thought they were fixed voltage. I have no problem with people wanting a mec mod but I use carto tanks and I want nice and easy.

I understand the other devices are not as sturdy. I don't like replacing things.

I don't recommend it to everyone but I used to mention it to people that already asked about it but that didn't go over well.

What does the DNA 20 bring to the table? The only thing I know is that I have heard it is not as efficient making it has less runtime? Is this true? What are the virtues of the DNA 20, I am sure it is great but does it help someone that is sticking to carto tanks for now?

There very well might be something I would like better than a Provari but trying every device that exists is very expensive. I took a gamble on it to see if it would stop me from buying hardware. It did.

Last edited:

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Are the mec mods mainly for those that are looking for either very low ohm? I thought they were fixed voltage. I have no problem with people wanting a mec mod but I use carto tanks and I want nice and easy.

I understand the other devices are not as sturdy. I don't like replacing things.

I don't recommend it to everyone but I used to mention it to people that already asked about it but that didn't go over well.

What does the DNA 20 bring to the table? The only thing I know is that I have heard it is not as efficient making it has less runtime? Is this true? What are the virtues of the DNA 20, I am sure it is great but does it help someone that is sticking to carto tanks for now?

There very well might be something I would like better than a Provari but trying every device that exists is very expensive. I took a gamble on it to see if it would stop me from buying hardware. It did.

Mech mods are nearly indestructible and can power any coil possible provided you use the right battery. Combined with the right burner they offer the best vape possible.

DNA20 is true VW, can power any coil from 0.1ohm on up. It has a nice screen with many functions easily accessed. For a carto it will measure in real time variations in resistance caused by the coil heating up and adjust power to keep the vape exactly the same.

Buy 5 Vamo's, im pretty sure you won't break all of them during the life of a provari and if you lose it you still got 4 more. They also do VW.

Why try one device multiple times when there are so many great ones out there? Many of them are US made with warranties that don't even cost extra.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

You do not want a ProVari if...you obviously don't want one. Duh.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Mech mods are nearly indestructible and can power any coil possible provided you use the right battery. Combined with the right burner they offer the best vape possible.

DNA20 is true VW, can power any coil from 0.1ohm on up. It has a nice screen with many functions easily accessed. For a carto it will measure in real time variations in resistance caused by the coil heating up and adjust power to keep the vape exactly the same.

Buy 5 Vamo's, im pretty sure you won't break all of them during the life of a provari and if you lose it you still got 4 more. They also do VW.

Why try one device multiple times when there are so many great ones out there? Many of them are US made with warranties that don't even cost extra.

I appreciate that some of the mech mods are nearly indestructible. I would rate that as a plus.

You didn't answer if the DNA20 is less efficient? Does it have less battery life or not. I am not using RBA's so I don't know if being able to go down to .1 is going to do anything for me.

I don't want 5 of anything except for maybe tanks and consumables. I don't want that much stuff around. I would rather have fewer good things. I was thinking at one time about having three Provari's but now think I only want two. I don't want clutter.

"Why try one device multiple times when there are so many great ones out there? Many of them are US made with warranties that don't even cost extra."

Once I have something that is doing everything I want why should I change unless something revolutionary rather than evolutionary happens? I don't have the time to try every product out there, I was getting very frustrated with bouncing between products. I skipped over a bunch of products to get the features I wanted so I would not be buying a new product and putting it in the giveaway pile, that is what is expensive.

Would I have liked the Vamo, maybe, I don't know but I did read some things in the Vamo section and did read some reviews. Everything has problems once in awhile but I saw more people report problems with it than with the Provari. When I got my first one I said I want something that I will not have to replace for at least a year.

What other variable voltage device can I get made in the USA at this time? If it is in the future I cannot use it now.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Smart consumers dont buy disposable products.

Think about your Mom and Dad and your grandparents and some of the purchases theyve made in the past.

Kenmore, Craftsman, Snap-On, Honda, Toyota. All of them have a well deserved reputation for quality just like a Provari.

Sure you could by 2 cheaper washing machines for the price of a Kenmore, or buy your tools from a dollar store but chances are a year from now if not sooner they will all be broken while the quality product is still going strong/under warranty.

You dont want a Provari if you have a hard time grasping this very simple concept thats worked well for a 100 years or more.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
A lot of the mech mod users nowadays are using them with ultra-low resistance home built RBA's so they can approach 20 watts. IMO might as well just buy a fog machine from Spencers and suck on it.

Im more than happy with my 8-9 watts and the knowledge that Im not trying to push my device/batteries beyond their mechanical limits.

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Smart consumers dont buy disposable products.

Think about your Mom and Dad and your grandparents and some of the purchases theyve made in the past.

Kenmore, Craftsman, Snap-On, Honda, Toyota. All of them have a well deserved reputation for quality just like a Provari.

Sure you could by 2 cheaper washing machines for the price of a Kenmore, or buy your tools from a dollar store but chances are a year from now if not sooner they will all be broken while the quality product is still going strong/under warranty.

You dont want a Provari if you have a hard time grasping this very simple concept thats worked well for a 100 years or more.

My mods are all of higher quality than the Provari's I own. Fail to see the point.

For a list of Us made VV/VW devices...

Mamu makes custom dna20 mods.

Reo grand VV and Woodvil VV

Boggerbox DNA20

Fazedboxmods

Buzz Pro

Darwin

Any mech mod with a kick inside it.

Soon to be available:

Match made dna20 module for Super T devices.

Cyborg from fluid vapors

Many DNA20 based mods too many to list.

Also the board doesn't have any significant power draw that another regulated mod doesn't have. It just has features and is US made electronics, not just assembled in the US.

A lot of the mech mod users nowadays are using them with ultra-low resistance home built RBA's so they can approach 20 watts. IMO might as well just buy a fog machine from Spencers and suck on it.

Im more than happy with my 8-9 watts and the knowledge that Im not trying to push my device/batteries beyond their mechanical limits.

Actually much higher than 20watts and having a basic knowledge of batteries and mod care prevents these issues. You are right on one thing they approach fog machine levels of vapor if you want them to. Vaping @45w with no issues at all, batteries can easily handle the amperage and the flavor/th/vapor is incredible.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Point was you recommended someone buy 5 Vamos instead of a Provari. That doesnt sound like something someone would say who comes across as a mod snob.

As far as your list of mods go, I'd be happy to own any one of them but saying they are better quality than a Provari isnt fact. It's your personal opinion.

Mine has survived a side impact collision at 45 mph and numerous drops and falls with hardly a scratch, so I would consider that pretty damned sturdy.

The DNA20 mods had a major issue with the led screens didnt they?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread