You have GOT to be kidding me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
Ultimately, the individual has to be comfortable and happy with the setup they get or they won't use it. All the great technology and gadgets in the world are useless if it's sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I've seen heavy smokers quit with a 4081 and I've seen 1/2PAD smokers that couldn't do it without a VV mod. Pushing the latest and greatest on everyone isn't the best solution.

and thats why there is more than one car.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ultimately, the individual has to be comfortable and happy with the setup they get or they won't use it. All the great technology and gadgets in the world are useless if it's sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I've seen heavy smokers quit with a 4081 and I've seen 1/2PAD smokers that couldn't do it without a VV mod. Pushing the latest and greatest on everyone isn't the best solution.
Totally agree.
:)

If I had to use a cartridge or cartomizer or tank I would probably still be smoking.
I wasn't able to quit completely until I started dripping.

Everyone comes into this thinking they just need nicotine from something that duplicates a cigarette.

But I believe everyone gets different things from smoking.
And therefore everyone is going to have different wants and needs from their electronic cigarette.

And that hardest thing is often figuring out what it really is that you want and need.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Totally agree.

If I had to use a cartridge or cartomizer or tank I would probably still be smoking.
I wasn't able to quit completely until I started dripping.

Everyone comes into this thinking they just need nicotine from something that duplicates a cigarette.

But I believe everyone gets different things from smoking.
And therefore everyone is going to have different wants and needs from their electronic cigarette.

And that hardest thing is often figuring out what it really is that you want and need.

that's interesting.
I get nothing from dripping
we ARE all different

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
I wonder how this relates to the article I read talking about how smokers are less likely to use a NRT if it's free to them, and more likely to use it if they have to pay for it.

I know for a fact that the reason my husband has not taken to vaping is because he hasn't had to buy any of the PV's or supplies. Not to mention he never had to (or wanted to learn to) fill, charge or maintain them.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Exactly, which is why the mentors would need to focus on the basics.

New vapers need to learn the terminology, safety precautions and realistic price expectations. Then they need to exposed to the different types of ecigs. Not necessarily specific brands, but the general types available and the pros and cons of each.

I think it's just easier to do a step by step instruction with someone one on one without having 50 other people jumping in with their opinions. I get confused reading a lot of the posts directed at new members. I can only imagine how overwhelming it would be for someone just learning about them.

I do think something like this is possible, it would take a little time to get something standardized in place, but I think it's possible.

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
ok so here's my problem with dripping.
I get a juice that tastes like cheap chocolate, even though it said it tasted like Mallboro, and Im stuck with that for a week. It just won't come out of the atty.
any suggestions?
I tried vodka, isopropal, water boil, backwash. I did all but pee on it.
wait Ill go do that. cant be worse.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
ok so here's my problem with dripping.
I get a juice that tastes like cheap chocolate, even though it said it tasted like Mallboro, and Im stuck with that for a week. It just won't come out of the atty.
any suggestions?
I tried vodka, isopropal, water boil, backwash. I did all but pee on it.
wait Ill go do that. cant be worse.

If your aim is that good, you can move in with me. The men in this house can't manage to make it inside the toilet bowl.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC

If I had purchased the e-cig from the radio ad I first heard about them on, I'd probably have ended up a naysayer and just gave it up. But I am a researcher by nature, so I used that ad to propel me into a deep search to find the best product, or if not the best product at least one that was of good quality. I found out during that research that the company advertising in that radio ad was basically junk...I don't even think there was any nicotine in their juice. I quit analogs on about day three of vaping with a Joye 510, 18 mg e-juice. Have not had one in almost two years now. I know if I had bought that piece of junk with no nicotine, I'd have thrown it out and likely never tried an e-cig again.

So education definitely has its merit. But I wish people would just take the time to learn things for themselves rather than pay some guy on craigslist $20. But if his method successfully converts people, I guess it is worth it.

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
When I first followed the link, I thought "RIPOFF", and started formulating a scathing email in my head. But? You all are right. The amount of time many spend at ECF learning can be immense. Just because somebody can find ECF doesn't mean they are forum-fluent, and ECF is huge. Many are too busy to invest the time, and honestly $20 could easily be worth it if he's giving more advice than "Get an Ego".

I am still excited about vaping 10 months later. I have purchased 12 PVs good enough for someone to quit smoking, and resold them to family/friends for basically no profit. I spent time with with each of them demonstrating filling, charging, all the basics. About half of them have quite smoking completely, and are quite happy. The other half mumble about "Oh, I still use it some", when I know they are on their first carto a month later.

Three of the ones that quit specifically brought up mentoring to me, saying I should do it. I was surprised, in my mind, aside from all the one-on-one (they are my friends and family, I don't mind), I'd have to get a rent-a-room for the public, and charge something. I wasn't trying to make money, i was just trying to help family and friends.

People with busy lives/school/work/kids/whatever may not be able to make the time investment that it takes to learn it on your own at ECF. Many enjoy the new hobby, all are happy to quit smoking.

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'm a month in and graduated from Leo batts with a 510 converter a friend sent me to a kgo, to a lavatube, now a provari. ECF helped me a great deal for free and I thank you guys for it. It's a fun hobby, yes I called it a hobby. Which I enjoy immensely. The information is ther for the taking. I swear every e big question I type in google leads to here, try it! Haha.. anyways this guy is a douche to me. I bet if you Skype this guy he'll do a rap about ego and start breakdancing.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Capitalism in all it's glory ..

I'm sure ignorance and laziness are the more important factors with this...

I mean if this guy can make money on what is given freely on the net in an abundant nature with just a few minuets of research, than that says something about the current human condition doesn't it?

Capitalism isn't to blame here, it's the people who flourish this kind of capitalism by buying into it without knowing any better or are too lazy/busy to figure it out on their own.

Don't forget, without capitalism all our e-juice vendors and ecig suppliers wouldn't be so abundant and we wouldn't have as many options/cheap prices as we do now.

These examples of capitalism only work if the people allow it to and constantly buy into it. And in the end, they are the ones to blame for its success or failure. If it ends up being successful, that that means the information on the net is harder to obtain that we think and may have helped a lot who were too busy to fully research these things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread