Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
That's really cool. Now, I'm a little miffed that mine doesn't have SS TC. I really like the mod, SS Tc was the only thing missing.

One can use SS coils in "VW mode"...without any hassles.

(In fact...I have 3 different Mods with "SS mode" [and 2 of them have selectable TCR values] but...after much trial/error...I've found I much prefer the flavor/vapor of my SS coils in "VW mode"...)

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
One can use SS coils in "VW mode"...without any hassles.

(In fact...I have 3 different Mods with "SS mode" [and 2 of them have selectable TCR values] but...after much trial/error...I've found I much prefer the flavor/vapor of my SS coils in "VW mode"...)

I'm aware of that fact. At this point in time, new mods that offer TC should also have it in SS as well as NI and TI as it has been gaining in popularity with TC and VW vapers. It is good to see that the final version did add TC for SS.

Reactions: gerrymi

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
I'm aware of that fact. At this point in time, new mods that offer TC should also have it in SS as well as NI and TI as it has been gaining in popularity with TC and VW vapers. It is good to see that the final version did add TC for SS.
nvm losing my mind lol. I need to get out and see if they have a SS premade coil for one of my tanks and test it finally.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Just an update. Currently running a 0.3 ohm SS coil from aspire in my super mini tank with TC on the balrog. Works pretty good (not much experience with TC). I like it much better then the nickel coils. Not a fan of TC ni at all just does not seem to have a good kick to it. This is pretty smooth and clean so far and seems to work well.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I really like the mod, but wasn't impressed with the tank that came with the kit, Rosary tank. I much prefer RTA's and while the Goblin Mini V2 seemed like a logical choice, I decided on a Diablo RTA instead.

I really love this little tank, plenty of airflow, good size V-deck, super easy top fill, amazing flavor and only about 2mm taller than the Rosary tank. It's nice compact tank, but performs like a larger one, the flavor is magnificent! I have dubbed my Balrog/Diablo setup as "Hell Spawn"

Hell%20Spawn%20Setup_zpsm6nnh2ed.jpg

Reactions: gerrymi

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Thanks roadtrip. I did see that at FT but forgot. Do you have a Balrog ? I'm interested for my wife. She has problems with buttons so likes the pressa and the Target mods. But she loves to hang her mod on a lanyard when out and about. If you have one how is the button to push ? Thanks

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Thanks roadtrip. I did see that at FT but forgot. Do you have a Balrog ? I'm interested for my wife. She has problems with buttons so likes the pressa and the Target mods. But she loves to hang her mod on a lanyard when out and about. If you have one how is the button to push ? Thanks

Full kit is only $10 more FYI.

$46.37 Authentic UD Balrog 70W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - 5-70W / 200-600'F / 3ml / 0.5ohm / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The fire button doesn't require any force to trigger, just a light press. It's not like the
arcade joystick trigger buttons on the Presa or Target though.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
The button is very easy to operate. You can just squeeze it, kinda like the Presa, the button area doesn't run the length of the mod, but does wrap around those corners a bit. You can squeeze fire or finger fire, it's very comfortable to use

4149300-2.jpg

It feels well built, no rattles, buttons very tactile, and the pin for the lanyard is a nice option.

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
One last question , Does this have a spring loaded 510 ? After the Istick 20's I only get good 510's. Thanks
Yes, the 510 is spring loaded and the threads are seem to be very good quality. All my tanks make a good connection, no misfires, battery life is about average for other single 18650 mods. It really is comfortable to use and pairs well with smaller tanks and low profile RDA's.

Here is a top view compared next to my iPV D2
balrog7_zpsyaxu5zcl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread