Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So I've had my Young June Lavatube in service for one week now. It has met or exceeded every expectation I had of it. I watched the Busardo review first (comparing it to the L-Rider) and was also encouraged by a current LT user to give it a try...Thanks GT! I have not been disappointed. The pulse modulation seems to be giving me a slightly stronger hit than my former constant voltage Twist. I'm finding I am lowering the dial by about .2 volts. I get about 10 - 11 hours of moderate to heavy vape time on the stock 18650 battery. I like the "clicky" fire button. Contrary to Busardo, I think the LED screen is very easy to read (but then I'm coming from a Twist). I already sent the thing flying and it hit the corner of a wooden crate. She dusted herself off and didn't miss a beat. Nice to be able to see my resistance as well. No problems with connections or leakage of any kind. My only two gripes (that are hardly worth mentioning) is that I do not like the chrome finish. It's nice to look at when it isn't all smudged up, but it feels clammy in my hand. On the advice of another ECF/LT user in the LT Forum, I will be coating it with some Plasti-Dip. The only other gripe is the battery bar indicator is kind of a joke. Starts out full and in no time it's down to a bar or two. The graph is nowhere near accurate. So what! I purchased my Young June Lavatube from Heather's Heavenly Vapes where I also buy other gear and most all of my smoke juice.

Young June Lavatube Rating: 5 Stars! :thumbs:

icepoet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
Seems you ordered it a long time ago. Is it a Young June?

I did, but I cancelled it because my little girl needed an emergency trip to the dentist. All's well that ends well tho, I ordered from another source later, as HHV was then out of stock. I should have it in hand shortly.

Oh, and yes, it's a YJ, in the Black Chrome finish.

jim829

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Owensboro, KY
I picked mine up from vaporbeast. I'm a big fan of free shipping and since they're based out of Illinois it's always 2 day shipping to me. I also see there is some discussion of a YJ co-op along with the new version of the vivi tank going on in that section. I'm tempted to get another one if they decide to go live.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours, Bronze. I think they're great. I've dropped it off of my roof onto the stone patio, and all i got out of it was a scuffed chrome finish. Hopefully they last forever.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I picked mine up from vaporbeast. I'm a big fan of free shipping and since they're based out of Illinois it's always 2 day shipping to me. I also see there is some discussion of a YJ co-op along with the new version of the vivi tank going on in that section. I'm tempted to get another one if they decide to go live.

I'm glad you're enjoying yours, Bronze. I think they're great. I've dropped it off of my roof onto the stone patio, and all i got out of it was a scuffed chrome finish. Hopefully they last forever.

I believe I would like my finish scuffed. That would be an improvement over this slippery chrome finish. If you want to find me tomorrow, I'll be on my roof. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I did, but I cancelled it because my little girl needed an emergency trip to the dentist. All's well that ends well tho, I ordered from another source later, as HHV was then out of stock. I should have it in hand shortly.

Oh, and yes, it's a YJ, in the Black Chrome finish.
Yeah, I remember you cancelled and then eventually reorder one elsewhere. I thought that was awhile ago. But now that I think about it, it wasn't. It is definitely worthy of your anticipation. Let me know when you get it. I'd like to hear your impressions. What is your current mod?

natgas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Magnolia, TX
I've had mine one week today and find it to be every bit as reliable as my original 2 LT. The screen is a plus (although I hardly ever bother to look at it); I agree that the battery bars aren't worth much. Mine is the black (like my originals) and I like the feel. It does seems to hit a little harder than the originals.

So far so good

icepoet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
Yeah, I remember you cancelled and then eventually reorder one elsewhere. I thought that was awhile ago. But now that I think about it, it wasn't. It is definitely worthy of your anticipation. Let me know when you get it. I'd like to hear your impressions. What is your current mod?

I don't have a MOD yet, this LT will be the first ( that's right, I'm a VV Virgin :blush: ) It should show up in the mailbox today. Perfect timing for the weekend and my bottle of Shadowfax :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I got a Black Chrome YJ Lavatube last weekend and it works great.
Like Bronze said the battery indicator is way off.
But it does work better then my eGo twist.
Glad I got it.

The Twists are nice and worth what you pay for them. But the LT is definitely a step up. Just the fact that I can see where my volts are at is worth the money!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't have a MOD yet, this LT will be the first ( that's right, I'm a VV Virgin :blush: ) It should show up in the mailbox today. Perfect timing for the weekend and my bottle of Shadowfax :D

Cool. I think you will really like it Ice. I'm jealous of everyone who has replied saying they have (or are getting) LT's with the black chrome. These shiny chrome ones show everything and look nice only when they are clean.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I went for the black chrome and hopefully it should be here next week. I was thinking instead of coating the whole thing (makes me nervous), that I would just do some sort of wrap around the handle below the button.

I seriously cant wait. I'll keep my twists for work and commute and the YJ for home use exclusively.

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
New YJ owner here as well. Here are my
minuses. Clammy, oily feeling in hand. Will get some plastispray stuff as mentioned in the OP to fix this. It cannot fire my genesis atty. Didn't realize it auto shuts off at 1.3 or 1.2 ohms instead of current. Oh well. It makes the Novas a really HOT vape. I normally like the nova cooler (twist at 4v) but even at 3.5v on the YJ it is hot. Battery indicator is a joke, but the screen is real easy to read.
pluses. Fantastic dripping with the included atty. Fantastic with my Eternity RBA's.

Not quite versatile enough for my needs ATM. Hope I figure out the Nova issue as it could be a good keep in the car for commuting and long motorcycle ride mod.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Be forewarned: As nice as the Young-June black chrome Vtubes are (light weight, nice finish with black plastic buttons rather than silver or chrome paint that will wear off in months, higher-contrast display that's easier to read, smooth threads on the bottom cap, and a great vape), they burn through batteries like crazy. Vape time for the 18350 Mini is downright pitiful---about two hours until the auto-cutoff kicks in and the battery has to be swapped out and recharged. And not much better for the 18650 standard size black chrome Vtube.

iVape even admits as much in their product page descriptions for both the Standard and Mini black chrome Vtubes:

"note: we've noticed these units drain batteries much faster than the standard black/silver versions."

When iVape says "much faster," they mean it. In fact, it's an understatement.

I don't know what Young-June did while tweaking the chips to cause this glitch, but I'll bet they fix it by the next production run. Of course, that won't help those of us who bought one from the first batch.

This is my fifth (and last, I think) Young-June Vtube. The first was a v1.5 that was recalled/replaced by CrystalClearVaping because of the incident with one that auto-fired and melted down. Then I got two v1.5t units from VaporBeast and iVape that have the low-voltage stealth mode glitch at power down---except for that, they're both still performing well. I received a chrome v2.0 from CCV as a replacement for the recalled v1.5, but that Vtube died a nasty death after three months (the connector shorted and came apart).

As much as I like how the Vtubes vape, I'm tired of being a "paying beta-tester" for Young-June. I haven't decided, but I may yet contact FreEcigs and see if I can return the black chrome Mini because the battery problem is, in fact, a significant manufacturing defect.

I didn't expect multi-day vape times from a Vtube using one 700-800mAh 18350 IMR, but two hours is ridiculous. Even my Kicked Bolts that use an 18350 IMR give 5-6 hours at the max setting of 10 watts.

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
Be forewarned: As nice as the Young-June black chrome Vtubes are (light weight, nice finish with black plastic buttons rather than silver or chrome paint that will wear off in months, higher-contrast display that's easier to read, smooth threads on the bottom cap, and a great vape), they burn through batteries like crazy. Vape time for the 18350 Mini is downright pitiful---about two hours until the auto-cutoff kicks in and the battery has to be swapped out and recharged. And not much better for the 18650 standard size black chrome Vtube.

iVape even admits as much in their product page descriptions for both the Standard and Mini black chrome Vtubes:

"note: we've noticed these units drain batteries much faster than the standard black/silver versions."

When iVape says "much faster," they mean it. In fact, it's an understatement.

I don't know what Young-June did while tweaking the chips to cause this glitch, but I'll bet they fix it by the next production run. Of course, that won't help those of us who bought one from the first batch.

This is my fifth (and last, I think) Young-June Vtube. The first was a v1.5 that was recalled/replaced by CrystalClearVaping because of the incident with one that auto-fired and melted down. Then I got two v1.5t units from VaporBeast and iVape that have the low-voltage stealth mode glitch at power down---except for that, they're both still performing well. I received a chrome v2.0 from CCV as a replacement for the recalled v1.5, but that Vtube died a nasty death after three months (the connector shorted and came apart).

As much as I like how the Vtubes vape, I'm tired of being a "paying beta-tester" for Young-June. I haven't decided, but I may yet contact FreEcigs and see if I can return the black chrome Mini because the battery problem is, in fact, a significant manufacturing defect.

I didn't expect multi-day vape times from a Vtube using one 700-800mAh 18350 IMR, but two hours is ridiculous. Even my Kicked Bolts that use an 18350 IMR give 5-6 hours at the max setting of 10 watts.
Finally an honest summary,thanks for the honesty.It's a shame more people on this forum aren't like you :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Finally an honest summary,thanks for the honesty.It's a shame more people on this forum aren't like you :)

Chuck, I don't think the reviews you heard on here were not honest. We're just imparting our experiences. I've had only one week with my LT so I haven't had it as long as Bill. I hope I don't run into the trouble he has. It's possible Bill just had bad luck with his. It happens. But it is nice to hear his experience so it can be weighed against all the other people's reviews when making a purchasing decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread