Young June - First Week Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
Very cool! I was thinking of roughing up the finish first too. Thought I might like that enough as is. Do you think I'd be better off masking the fire button? What do you suspect happened at the sharp edge at the battery cover? Any chance you can post a photo? Glad you like the results.

First attempt at posting a pic. To do over I would not mask the fire button and leave the coating on. On the bottom, the dip did not stick well enough to the chrome and very well to itself which causes it to lift or curl away from the tube when fiddling with your hand/fingers.

CA10141209112924-M.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think the ones you all have are billed at 3.2.

But take anything I say with a grain of salt.

You could be right. I'll have to dig a little more. The owner's manual (pamphlet) that came with my Lavatube might be, perhaps, the worst manual I have ever received in my life. Not only was it utterly lacking in information, it was written as if it started in Chinese and was put into one of those worthless online language translators.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
First attempt at posting a pic. To do over I would not mask the fire button and leave the coating on. On the bottom, the dip did not stick well enough to the chrome and very well to itself which causes it to lift or curl away from the tube when fiddling with your hand/fingers.

CA10141209112924-M.jpg

Very cool! And thanks for getting the photo. I like it! :)

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
As for the limited battery life problem, it might well be that the display on the lavatube is actually showing you a much lower voltage than the mod is putting through.
It was found recently that the equipment normally used to test the output voltage is not well suited to measure pulse voltage. Pulse is about providing high voltage in short bursts, and apparently averaging on and off time is the wrong way of figuring out the equivalent continuous voltage, as it grossly underestimates the real output. So, you might be setting it at 3.5 and getting the equivalent of say 4.3 on a non pulse mod.
However, the chinese know people test and review stuff on a certain kind of equipment, so they have set the electronics so to look spot-on. After all, bad reviews sink sales.

Not sure how this affect the amp draw, but might well explain the problem.

Amps on young june should be around 2.5, bit like a provari, so ok with 1.5 ohm or higher at highish voltage. I think the auto cutoff was mainly a pain with the classic lavatube with only 1.5 amp limit.
However, if you don't put good batteries there is just so much the mod can do to get the required amps, efest , aw, panasonic or other tested to perform well at 2amps or more constant draw.

Incidentally, I have read a retailer got told by the producer that it the new LT version he is stocking (dubbed 4.0, like the gripper vv, not sure if the producer is young june) can run 1ohm atties, so it should be around a 4 amp limit.
Still to see any review confirming that.

Just my 2 cents..

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

bappo

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2012
Idaho
I think you're right. Lighter first coat, wait longer, light second coat. Give it a long time to set before real coatings.

GT, the feel of the cold chrome in hand is horrible! Kept feeling like my tank was leaking all over the side to the point where I tried to dry it a few times.

Oh, I can't wait four hours between coats! I suffer from old man ADD:D

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't remember who, but someone that used Plasti Dip said you need to let it dry a full 4 hours between coats.

That was some guy on another LT thread. That was just what he did. Might be some validity to it. I ran a paint shop back in the early 90's and you had to be careful when recoating to allow enough flash time between coats.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think you're right. Lighter first coat, wait longer, light second coat. Give it a long time to set before real coatings.

GT, the feel of the cold chrome in hand is horrible! Kept feeling like my tank was leaking all over the side to the point where I tried to dry it a few times.

Oh, I can't wait four hours between coats! I suffer from old man ADD:D

I don't like that chrome finish at all for the reasons you point out. It simply is not functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread