Your Favourite LED Colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I really hope V4L will be able to tweak their website so we can specify what colour LEDs we get. It does seem a matter of luck at the moment, though I do give my preference in the comments box when ordering.

So far my batteries/ leds have been:
4 chrome with green
1 platinum with green
1 gold with blue
2 blacks have blue
2 blacks have red/orange
3 purple diamonds have pink

I would really like Purple and maybe even White, though blue will remain a nice choice
Definitely not a fan of green, nor pink though quite nice with the purple, isn't me either - I'm not a girly girl.

What is your favourite LED colour or battery/led colour combinations?

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
In the regular LEDs, I really prefer green on everything, except with my metallic reds. (I like a red LED on those).

On the Diamonds, I :wub::wub::wub: the purple LEDs; the white/crystal LEDs are also nice (your wish already came true, Katz), and the green LEDs are just gorgeous on everything (except, again, the metallic reds). The blue LED on the metallic blue Diamonds is stunning, too. OTOH, the red LED on the red metallic Diamond is a disappointment, as it is a true red, and not a pretty ruby/garnet red which would match the batt so much better.

I don't think I'd care for a pink LED except on a bronze (not copper) Diamond batt.

But other than that, I'm not finicky at all.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Red.

neuralizer_mib.jpg

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Oh Eleanor...the pink led with the purple is purrrrty

I assume you mean the Purple Diamond? My Purple Diamond has a purple LED, which I love.

I also have a shorty purple manual with a pink ash-cap LED, and I, uh, kinda hate it . . . too washed-out and "ashy" if you know what I mean. I punish it by only using it to test-drive newly-refilled cartos. (Oh I'm so mean!)

EDIT: You know, a Chrome Diamond with a pink LED might not be so bad either . . . but IX-NAY on the plain old pinky ash-caps for me!:(

Last edited:

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I assume you mean the Purple Diamond? My Purple Diamond has a purple LED, which I love.

I also have a shorty purple manual with a pink ash-cap LED, and I, uh, kinda hate it . . . too washed-out and "ashy" if you know what I mean. I punish it by only using it to test-drive newly-refilled cartos. (Oh I'm so mean!)

EDIT: You know, a Chrome Diamond with a pink LED might not be so bad either . . . but IX-NAY on the plain old pinky ash-caps for me!:(

Nope....purple auto shorty with pink....lol....I like it:p My purple xls have blue....not a fan of that one, but what can ya do....they would be pretty with white though:)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
On the Diamonds, I :wub::wub::wub: the purple LEDs; the white/crystal LEDs are also nice (your wish already came true, Katz

My wish will come true when all the colour options come back into stock! Black with Purple is what I really want, though black with white, would look cool too. Esp in XL, though I'm into shorties really.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
End tip LEDs are my least favorite aspect of the KR808D-1. I tolerate them, but don't like them.

Just curious, NCC, have you tried the V4L Diamond series batteries? Might be too blingy/girly for your tastes, but the jewel-like LED is really bright and beautiful, to me. (Could be mainly a chick thing.)

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Actually I'm not into manuals, so no competition from me there.

Surprised so many people like the green. Hey, wanna swap a chome auto with green tip for a black diamond with purple?
In my dreams... I suspect

8-o At international shipping rates??:(
Sorry, I think we'd both be better off just waiting for the re-stock. It should be happening just any ol' day now. . . Wader? Yoo hoo? Am I right?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Just curious, NCC, have you tried the V4L Diamond series batteries?
No, but I am aware of them .... ewwww!
Might be too blingy/girly for your tastes, but the jewel-like LED is really bright and beautiful, to me. (Could be mainly a chick thing.)
haha, you think?

I can appreciate how it would appeal to some. But, as I said, I don't even like the LEDs, I'm certainly not going for rhinestones. :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
As I said, I don't even like the LEDs, I'm certainly not going for rhinestones. :)

Obviously you've been vaping a lot longer than I have. I still struggle to tell if it's the carto or the battery that needs switching when performance drops off. I like that flashing light to tell me.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
I'm looking forward to the manuals as well Lady Eleanor. The only thing is part of what makes the king diamonds so special is how great their switch is. It really does remind me of smoking... The manuals will be great, not worried about that... What I'm really looking forward to are the improvements on the current KD's to be honest...

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
I love all of my tone on tone diamond batts...the red on red, pink on pink, purple on purple. I think the purple on purple is my favorite of that group. And I just got it today!!! My favorite non-KD is gold with a blue LED. I'm a true Mountaineer.

Actually, I like all of my batteries in color combinations, except for the green LEDs. They really leave me cold, but I think I might like them on a green battery. I don't own a green batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread