• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Youtube misinformation gonna get someone hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzkriegTim

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Shannon, Quebec, Canada
So I just watched a video on youtube about DIY mixing and was a little concerned. This guy doesn't seem to know anything about what he's doing. Firstly he just kinda mixes on a whim using what looks like 1/3 pure flavour. Then he says PG sweetens and he uses pure grain alcohol for TH... Now I've never done DIY so maybe some of this is true but to my knowledge Glycerine should be sweet not PG. The best part is when he says he has a 60 ml bottle of 60mg nic liquid making the solution 1mg/ml strength, we all know 60mg means 60mg/ml. so he obviously has absolutely no idea what he's handling and what amount of nicotine he is intaking. He also makes no mention of the inherent safety issues with handling nic juice that strong. All this aside, you may think "well he's a big boy he can mix what he wants" but he actually says he SELLS this stuff to people. Maybe I should do a video on how to perform self brain surgery. Maybe I can even get a few clients :facepalm:

Heres the link YouTube - DiY Juices

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Then he says PG sweetens and he uses pure grain alcohol for TH... Now I've never done DIY so maybe some of this is true but to my knowledge Glycerine should be sweet not PG.

The scary part is if he is using PG to sweeten it, what the heck is the base of the stuff he is using?

Should be PG base, so that would be like trying to sweeten a bag of sugar by adding more sugar.

You are right, someone is going to harm themselves..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
So I just watched a video on youtube about DIY mixing and was a little concerned. This guy doesn't seem to know anything about what he's doing. Firstly he just kinda mixes on a whim using what looks like 1/3 pure flavour. Then he says PG sweetens and he uses pure grain alcohol for TH... Now I've never done DIY so maybe some of this is true but to my knowledge Glycerine should be sweet not PG. The best part is when he says he has a 60 ml bottle of 60mg nic liquid making the solution 1mg/ml strength, we all know 60mg means 60mg/ml. so he obviously has absolutely no idea what he's handling and what amount of nicotine he is intaking. He also makes no mention of the inherent safety issues with handling nic juice that strong. All this aside, you may think "well he's a big boy he can mix what he wants" but he actually says he SELLS this stuff to people. Maybe I should do a video on how to perform self brain surgery. Maybe I can even get a few clients :facepalm:

Heres the link YouTube - DiY Juices

Definitely not the best video out there. Check the time stamp on the video he was a noob at the time, and like many he was overly enthusiastic. The part he had right in the vid is 1/5 flavour = 20% which is good. He did mix a ZERO nic liquid. The remaining ratios seem about right.

Do I mix that way? Hell no! many folks mix ratios and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The problem with mixing ratios is duplicating recipes, which ratios will not do for you.

... and yes it would have been better to hang around the DIY sub to learn a little more on DIY before commenting. PGA is used to add TH in non nicotine liquids.

BlitzkriegTim

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Shannon, Quebec, Canada
PGA is used to add TH in non nicotine liquids
Well at least I learned something useful throughout this, so maybe when I'm down to 0 nic I dont have to lose the TH entirely. But anyway my main concern was just with the nicotine and I already left a comment, nothing harrasing, just a correction, a warning about the nic strength and a suggestion to add a disclaimer.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
Well at least I learned something useful throughout this, so maybe when I'm down to 0 nic I dont have to lose the TH entirely. But anyway my main concern was just with the nicotine and I already left a comment, nothing harrasing, just a correction, a warning about the nic strength and a suggestion to add a disclaimer.

Good for you!

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Some of these yahoos wanna play with pure nic.

Thats what laytex gloves are for.. umm right??

Pure nic will eat right through them in minutes.. 100mg is a 10% solution.. Who's going to find out the hard way the time through gloves with that?

Swtiched is right, and it can't be stressed enough.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I don't have a YouTube account . . . or can't actually access it because I forgot my password and email address I started it with . . . . Anyway, if I did, I would have to report him. 9,549 people have viewed a hazardous video that could pose health issues to somebody, and this should be reported to YouTube. This video is over a year old, and this guy will end up on the FDA's hit list for evidence against us.

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
Now I am nervous. lol

If that makes you extremly careful thats a good thing ;)

World isn't going to end if you spill some on yourself at the level, but care should be taken to wash any off that comes in contact with you and do a good cleanup.

Pushing the limits, that today 100mg is is kewlest thing, and tomorrow 200mg will be, is what is going to harm someone.

grantemsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Ontario
I'm using 48mg/ml nicotine, and even though I know plenty of people use higher concentrations, I still treat it with extreme care. And I've made sure everyone in the house knows what I'm doing and knows what to do if something happens, like if the entire bottle were to break (mostly to ventilate the room, keep everyone out of it, and wear gloves to clean it up. dilute it with lots of water if necessary. take me to the hospital if necessary, etc).

I'd much rather be called a fool for being overly cautious than be a fool and be too careless!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I actually watched that video not to long ago. I don't wear goves (maybe I should) but have been using 36mg/pg OR 54mg/pg nic juices at about 50% with 20% flavor and 30% pg/vg. Now I am nervous. lol

I currently use this calculator because I have simple mixes, but it helps know how to get what nic level. Just FYI, there are others, I just find this easy for now.

Update. I signed up another YouTube account, but don't see a report thingamajigger yet, but I did PM Freedom because My Freedom Smokes is clearly mentioned in the video. I thought he might want to/be able to help get the guy to correct his video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread